Telescoping lift arms

TGKY

Equipment
L4701DT
May 24, 2018
US
Hello
My dealer is telling me there is no option to outfit my L4701 with telescoping lift arms for the 3 point hitch.

The tractor cam with the telescoping stabilizers but I would like the actual lift arms that have the lever and can be moved for implement hook up. Sorry if my specific terminology is wrong.

Assuming the dealer is right and grand L and mx lift arms won’t intrchang- are there any other options.

Thanks in advance

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
For what it's worth, they are called telescoping draft links.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
My recent experience is that K doesn't want you to interchange parts and will default to saying NO to everything.

I wanted an air suspension seat from the L6060 for my M59 and was trying to get dimensions to confirm fitment. K refused to give any numbers and told the dealer no, we don't want customers doing that. I took a risk and ordered it anyways, turned out to be a perfect fit.

My suggestion to you is to go into a stocking dealer with a tape measure. If a tractor's telescopic link hole dimensions match up to yours then you are likely good to go. If the hole dimensions are longer then you will lose 3PH load capacity.

This is likely a case of corporate lawyers getting involved and making everyone's lives better as a result...NOT.

Reactions: 1 user

notforhire

Equipment
Kubota L47
Dec 5, 2019
Meadows of Dan VA.
Hello
My dealer is telling me there is no option to outfit my L4701 with telescoping lift arms for the 3 point hitch.

The tractor cam with the telescoping stabilizers but I would like the actual lift arms that have the lever and can be moved for implement hook up. Sorry if my specific terminology is wrong.

Assuming the dealer is right and grand L and mx lift arms won’t intrchang- are there any other options.

Thanks in advance
Kubota only offers standard draft links and turnbuckle stabilizers for the L47.
Thanks to my dealer here is my L47 w/ extendable links and telescoping stabilizers.

Attachments

TGKY

Equipment
L4701DT
May 24, 2018
US
Thanks All-
notforhire-
Can you tell me what part number your extendable links are or what tractor they were originally for?
Were any modifications required?
I have the telescoping stabilizers.

notforhire

Equipment
Kubota L47
Dec 5, 2019
Meadows of Dan VA.
I'm sorry, I never asked about the extendable links. They aren't even listed on my bill of sale.
They required no modifications. Tomorrow I'll look at the arms and see if they are marked in any way.
I suspect they are from a Grand L.

wendol

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST
Feb 5, 2014
North Tx
Thanks All-
notforhire-
Can you tell me what part number your extendable links are or what tractor they were originally for?
Were any modifications required?
I have the telescoping stabilizers.
It appears the L4701 and L47 uses slightly different link pins and bolts (at least they show to have different part numbers) that attach the lift arms to the rear of the tractor.

I was unable to cross reference the connecting hardware for you L4701, to that of a Grand L type set up.

FWIW, my L3800 has the same parts as the L47 to connect the lift arms.......and I used lift arms with extendable ends from an L3130 without any modifications.

Hopefully I missed something, and you can find a way to do the conversion you wanted!!

Reactions: 1 user

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
See if the holes for the MX lift arms match up. The cat 2 bushings are no issue. Or you can do as I did and bought cat 2 pins for my cat 1 implements.

notforhire

Equipment
Kubota L47
Dec 5, 2019
Meadows of Dan VA.
It appears the L4701 and L47 uses slightly different link pins and bolts (at least they show to have different part numbers) that attach the lift arms to the rear of the tractor.

I was unable to cross reference the connecting hardware for you L4701, to that of a Grand L type set up.

FWIW, my L3800 has the same parts as the L47 to connect the lift arms.......and I used lift arms with extendable ends from an L3130 without any modifications.

Hopefully I missed something, and you can find a way to do the conversion you wanted!!

I followed your lead and compared the lower link pins between the L47, the grand L and the 4701. The L47 and the grand L both use the same pin. As you discovered the 4701 uses a different pin. I suspect that the 4701 pin is smaller in diameter because it also utilizes bushings on the tractor end where the pin attaches, while the other models do not.

I suspect that the pivot hole in the 4701 arm is smaller than the L47/Grand L model requiring a smaller dia. pin.
Because of the smaller pin the clevis/tractor end requires bushings. I'm guessing that if you removed those bushings a L47 lower link pin would fit allowing the use of TD050-39233 arms.

TGKY

Equipment
L4701DT
May 24, 2018
US
Great. I’ll give that a look and see if I can make it work removing the bushings.
Thank you!!!