Telescoping 3-pt lift arms

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
We had a Forum Participant here a few months ago who had bought some telescoping lift arms off a Kubota (unknown model) which I dithered over before deciding I’d like to have a set for my M4700. By the time I got off my butt and took measurements he’d sold them already.

If anyone has any ideas/advice for this modification I’d love to read it. Although my tractor’s lower lift arms are “reversible” for Cat 1 or Cat 2….. I only use Cat 1 stuff , I’m flexible on the matter….

CGMKCM

Equipment
RVT-1100C, ZD323, L4760
Jan 26, 2021
Randolph county N.C.
My Father In-law installed telescoping lift arms on his MX5000. Kubota dealer parts guy determined that the L6060 arms were the same length and would fit his tractor. I believe it cost $400 for the new arms. He is very happy with the ease of hooking up attachments with the new arms. Messick's may have more info on parts crossover to retrofit telescoping arms.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
The MX5400 and 6000 models come with telescoping lift arms. I think they will fit on your M4700.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
We had a Forum Participant here a few months ago who had bought some telescoping lift arms off a Kubota (unknown model) which I dithered over before deciding I’d like to have a set for my M4700. By the time I got off my butt and took measurements he’d sold them already.

If anyone has any ideas/advice for this modification I’d love to read it. Although my tractor’s lower lift arms are “reversible” for Cat 1 or Cat 2….. I only use Cat 1 stuff , I’m flexible on the matter….
Euro hooks would be a good option for you. Easier connections for probably less money.

Attachments

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Euro hooks would be a good option for you. Easier connections for probably less money.
Those don’t telescope do they? The telescoping links are so nice because they don’t require the implement to be perfectly aligned with your hitch. The links can adjust several inches to make attaching an implement easy.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Those don’t telescope do they? The telescoping links are so nice because they don’t require the implement to be perfectly aligned with your hitch. The links can adjust several inches to make attaching an implement easy.
They can, but there is no need to, backup and use the higher part of the hook to push the implement so that it is in line with both hooks and raise the 3pt to connect.
People do the same thing with full 3pt hitches.

Lots of people seem to want to make things more difficult than they really are.

Attachments

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
They can, but there is no need to, backup and use the higher part of the hook to push the implement so that it is in line with both hooks and raise the 3pt to connect.
People do the same thing with full 3pt hitches.

Lots of people seem to want to make things more difficult than they really are.
I had Pat’s easy hitch on my previous tractor for 15 years. It definitely makes things easier. They look like the Eurohooks. But my telescoping lift arms are better yet, especially with heavy cat 2 implements. Your photos look like you have both the telescoping arms and Eurohooks?

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
The 75hp tractor has extendable Euro hooks and the 32hp tractor just has fixed Euro hooks.
None of my 3pt implements are light, as in nudging them over with your knee. They range from 600lbs to 3500lbs, yes 3500lbs.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
While hooks would be nice… IMO…. the telescoping arms would be the MOST improvement over standard…with Hooks being an addt’l benefit. Ideally…Both would be available.

I just don’t see that option available.

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
While hooks would be nice… IMO…. the telescoping arms would be the MOST improvement over standard…with Hooks being an addt’l benefit. Ideally…Both would be available.

I just don’t see that option available.
The picture in post seven shows that the euro hooks are both hooks and they are extendable.

I never saw this option before. Curious if they are available in the United States?

edit: I suppose they are available in the states since that is where Mountain View ranch is located…

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
The picture in post seven shows that the euro hooks are both hooks and they are extendable.

I never saw this option before. Curious if they are available in the United States?

edit: I suppose they are available in the states since that is where Mountain View ranch is located…
Why am I not getting this..? I don’t see a link for a business under that name. MtnVew…can you pm mr please? (I’ve sent the following: I’m sorry to say I’m unfamiliar with your suggestion… Can you help me further re: Telescoping draft arms/links to convert my M4700?)

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I was referring to the poster of post 7.

The pictures posted speak for themselves I think.

I have no idea who the source of these things is...

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
I bought a Kioti set to fit to my JD 790-
Hodge, I’d order the same if I could confirm the length, pin-hole to pin-hole (center to center) of the links. Can you measure and confirm for me?

I’ve been asking Coleman Equipt for info and keep getting slow or no or silly responses to a simple question. … I’ve found that Kubota sells telescoping lower links for certain model tractors…and I’ve asked Coleman what the length center-to-center of the pin-holes of those links might be…. They tell me they can’t say if they will fit my M4700…. and I keep repeating to them I don’t want them to answer that…. I want them to merely tell the the center-to-center of the links that they DO sell….and I WILL determine if I want to put them on my tractor.

They keep giving me chasing-their-own-tail answers.….. Her’es their latest response:

“We show to have one in stock but it was already installed on a new tractor so I don’t have it to measure. I couldn’t tell you where it is on our lot. I have attached the parts breakdown for that kit but Kubota per usual didn’t supply any measurements on the pieces. “

Hodge, can you tell me your Kioti link center-to-center and I’ll just have to abandon trying to discuss this with a Kubota dealer… Thx.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Hodge, I’d order the same if I could confirm the length, pin-hole to pin-hole (center to center) of the links. Can you measure and confirm for me?

I’ve been asking Coleman Equipt for info and keep getting slow or no or silly responses to a simple question. … I’ve found that Kubota sells telescoping lower links for certain model tractors…and I’ve asked Coleman what the length center-to-center of the pin-holes of those links might be…. They tell me they can’t say if they will fit my M4700…. and I keep repeating to them I don’t want them to answer that…. I want them to merely tell the the center-to-center of the links that they DO sell….and I WILL determine if I want to put them on my tractor.

They keep giving me chasing-their-own-tail answers.….. Her’es their latest response:

“We show to have one in stock but it was already installed on a new tractor so I don’t have it to measure. I couldn’t tell you where it is on our lot. I have attached the parts breakdown for that kit but Kubota per usual didn’t supply any measurements on the pieces. “

Hodge, can you tell me your Kioti link center-to-center and I’ll just have to abandon trying to discuss this with a Kubota dealer… Thx.
I'll measure them and get back to you.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
I’m beginning to suspect that Cat-I and Cat-II lower links have standard lengths center-to-center of 28” and 32” respectively…. I just can’t confirm it.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I’m beginning to suspect that Cat-I and Cat-II lower links have standard lengths center-to-center of 28” and 32” respectively…. I just can’t confirm it.
Are you thinking about the width? I don't think the length changes. Our 3930 swings enough to accommodate Cat 1 or Cat 2. The outboard balls are interchangeable for the different sizes. It has extendable arms and adjustable stabilizers.

3 pt Hitch Dim.png

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Are you thinking about the width? I don't think the length changes. Our 3930 swings enough to accommodate Cat 1 or Cat 2. ……
I am not addressing width. I am addressing the Length of the lower lift (draft) links …the distance between the ball-centers on ONE arm. I’ve measured that distance on new tractors on a dealer-lot… The Cat II tractor (clearly a utility tractor) has lift arm length c-t-c of 32”.…. while the compact tractor carrying a Cat I hitch has lift arms only 28” c-t-c.

My own utility tractor (M4700DT) has a convertible hitch … the lift arms can be reversed to serve either a Cat I or a Cat II implement. (one ball is Cat I and the other Cat II w/bushing… while the differential case has a Cat I lower-pin so the arm can be reversed. While I only use Cat I implements (so far…and this part of the discussion is not germane to the issue of replacing my lower lift arms with telescoping arms … I would like to retain the ability to use a Cat II implement should the need arise.)

My basic problem is finding lower lift arms which telescope…and will fit my M4700…. being of comparable length to my existing Non-telescoping arms …so as to maintain compatibility with existing implement set-ups.

Hodge has suggested a solution which has worked for him…. but I believe he has a compact tractor limited to Cat I. The solution he suggests is a KIOTI telescoping-lift-arm “kit”. So I stopped by a KIOTI dealer and took measurements off their lift arms. On their lot they have only ONE Cat II hitch tractor, a RX6620 which has telexcoping lift arms, which measure 32”.
The Cat I tractors on their lot (all compact tractors) have lengths of 28”.

The problem I’m facing is the possibility that if I order the “kit” Hodge suggests…. I may find I own $500 worth of lift arms which are too short (when not extended).

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
curious...
something this basic should be easy to find....sigh...

I've found one reference that 32.5" is the C2C ball dimension for cat1/cat2 lower lift arms

A 'telescoping' arm's closed or operational length should be same as a fixed length arm. It's only longer during the 'connection' to the implement NOT when using the implement

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I am not addressing width. I am addressing the Length of the lower lift (draft) links …the distance between the ball-centers on ONE arm. I’ve measured that distance on new tractors on a dealer-lot… The Cat II tractor (clearly a utility tractor) has lift arm length c-t-c of 32”.…. while the compact tractor carrying a Cat I hitch has lift arms only 28” c-t-c.

My own utility tractor (M4700DT) has a convertible hitch … the lift arms can be reversed to serve either a Cat I or a Cat II implement. (one ball is Cat I and the other Cat II w/bushing… while the differential case has a Cat I lower-pin so the arm can be reversed. While I only use Cat I implements (so far…and this part of the discussion is not germane to the issue of replacing my lower lift arms with telescoping arms … I would like to retain the ability to use a Cat II implement should the need arise.)

My basic problem is finding lower lift arms which telescope…and will fit my M4700…. being of comparable length to my existing Non-telescoping arms …so as to maintain compatibility with existing implement set-ups.

Hodge has suggested a solution which has worked for him…. but I believe he has a compact tractor limited to Cat I. The solution he suggests is a KIOTI telescoping-lift-arm “kit”. So I stopped by a KIOTI dealer and took measurements off their lift arms. On their lot they have only ONE Cat II hitch tractor, a RX6620 which has telexcoping lift arms, which measure 32”.
The Cat I tractors on their lot (all compact tractors) have lengths of 28”.

The problem I’m facing is the possibility that if I order the “kit” Hodge suggests…. I may find I own $500 worth of lift arms which are too short (when not extended).
Did you check the MX telescoping lift arms? It seems like they would be the closest fit for your tractor.