Taking the Loader off a BX23S question

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I was wondering if I could take the loader off of my BX23S with the bucket removed. I am planning on using the quick attach for the snowplow if the snow is just a thin coating, and using my front-mounted snowblower for the heavier snowfalls. I have only had the front loader off once, and I had a difficult time getting it off and back on. I would read the manual, however, it was liberated at some time in the past, prior to my purchasing the tractor.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Not sure how you would be able to do it without the bucket as you need to use the curl function on the bucket to lift the arms out of the locks.

Reactions: 1 users

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
Plenty of youtube videos of how to remove and reinstall the loader on a BX23S (or 2380) since they're the same loader.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I was wondering if I could take the loader off of my BX23S with the bucket removed. I am planning on using the quick attach for the snowplow if the snow is just a thin coating, and using my front-mounted snowblower for the heavier snowfalls. I have only had the front loader off once, and I had a difficult time getting it off and back on. I would read the manual, however, it was liberated at some time in the past, prior to my purchasing the tractor.
For my older JD750 I had a designated spot inside my shed for removing and storing my loader when not in use. It involved a rope and pulley system connected to a hand winch (think boat trailer winch) mounted nearby. I didn't have to monkey with any stands or special procedures. Drive into the spot. Hook up the two lifting points to the loader posts. Unpin the loader and crank the loader arms up.

I may do the same with the kubota loader. It wouldn't matter what was on the loader's ssqa or if nothing was on it. But you do need to keep access to that loader spot open.