Swapping tires and wheels

nedobs

Equipment
bx1860
Oct 4, 2014
wharton,ohio
Has anyone swapped tires and wheels from a bx2360 to a Bx1860 to gain one MPH on the Road I have to drive my 8160 four miles each day to the other farm. Don't know if the bolt pattern is the same ?? But it would save me time and hours if it will work?? Any pros and cons ?? Other than money !!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Has anyone swapped tires and wheels from a bx2360 to a Bx1860 to gain one MPH on the Road I have to drive my 8160 four miles each day to the other farm. Don't know if the bolt pattern is the same ?? But it would save me time and hours if it will work?? Any pros and cons ?? Other than money !!

Would a trailer be a better answer? I know it is only 4 miles,

How are you determining that mph difference? Based on the stats on both machines ? The internal ratios final ratios could be different too.

nedobs

Equipment
bx1860
Oct 4, 2014
wharton,ohio
I am disabled and can only get on and off at home where the lift is so I am stuck with driving instead of hauling the bad thing is half of my hours are put on driving down the road but kubota says i can't tow it so i am stuck driving at 8 mph kinda boring LOL!

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
I doubt that the wheels would be the same bolt pattern to begin with as every one I've worked around figuring the sizes rolling circumference out on when it came to wheels was different.

It may be possible though to put larger tires on your current wheels but I wouldn't know that for sure without knowing what's on it now, type of tread etc. If you could find someone that has what you're thinking might work then measure the wheels to see if they're the same bolt pattern or not, then do the math on the tires you're currently running then the bigger tires to determine IF the ratio remains the same so you don't break the tractor.
Al

nedobs

Equipment
bx1860
Oct 4, 2014
wharton,ohio
The truth is they are the same rim on the rear and all you have to do is go to a taller 18 inch tire on the front I just done it and it all worked well everything fit i bought new rims and did not have to because I did not know so now I know!!!! Everything works as it should and it does go faster even though its only 1MPH but also got more clearance and much better traction and floatation !! I took a chance and it worked Mower deck and all just reset the height no problems. Expensive to find out but I did it !!

nedobs

Equipment
bx1860
Oct 4, 2014
wharton,ohio
I doubt that the wheels would be the same bolt pattern to begin with as every one I've worked around figuring the sizes rolling circumference out on when it came to wheels was different.

It may be possible though to put larger tires on your current wheels but I wouldn't know that for sure without knowing what's on it now, type of tread etc. If you could find someone that has what you're thinking might work then measure the wheels to see if they're the same bolt pattern or not, then do the math on the tires you're currently running then the bigger tires to determine IF the ratio remains the same so you don't break the tractor.
Al
I Got lucky the first time i used a 18x7.50- 8 on the front and26x12-12 on the back worked great no binding cleared mower deck everything went smooth only had to lower deck one inch and it goes faster could not ask for a better swap could have been bad but the gears must be the same on the 2360 as the 1860 or it would have bound up got luck and I love it !!

nedobs

Equipment
bx1860
Oct 4, 2014
wharton,ohio
BTW I filed the back tires with windshield washer fluid good for -30 and it takes 10 gallon per tire for the 26x12-12 tires leaving from the valve stem up for just air so its twenty gallons for both rear tires i guessed its about 75 pound per tire so total would be 150 pounds total weight!