Summit 3rd Function Kit Install on Kubota B2650

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Dave,

I wanted to thank you for the great photos and narratives. It really made the job go smooth and really helped interpreting the instructions that came with the kit. The only thing that threw me off was the picture of the tank return. I thought that I had to change that also but I do have the backhoe attachment so I didn’t need to. The picture just threw me off. Here are some photos of my install.

Thanks
Tom
Hi Tom,
Glad the pics and my write up helped. I agree, the included instructions could be a little more clear for our "owner install" jobs rather than a dealer installing them. Nice to know it helps people decide to do the job themselves.

since you mention that you also have the backhoe....did you wind up fabricating a bracket to add and hold the backhoe hydraulic coupler in place? Any pics of what you came up with for that. It gets to be a tight fit in that location with the rops, backhoe subframe and 3 pt. lift arms all in that close proximity!! :)

David

Nipmunc

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Apr 9, 2022
Uxbridge, Ma
I do have the backhoe also. Below is the bracket that I made which is very similar to yours. I didn’t really understand when I started exactly where the bracket needed to go. I had bought the extra fitting (3/8” NPT x 6JIC) ahead of the project but I think I would have bought a similar fitting to the ones that are used on the front of the bucket arms for the quick connects. This would have been a much more durable bracket to support the quick connector for the backhoe.

For my bracket I welded a 3/8 nut to the angle iron to give me space for the fittings.

First photo is the front fitting that I refer to.

Thanks again for all of your help!

Attachments

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I do have the backhoe also. Below is the bracket that I made which is very similar to yours. I didn’t really understand when I started exactly where the bracket needed to go. I had bought the extra fitting (3/8” NPT x 6JIC) ahead of the project but I think I would have bought a similar fitting to the ones that are used on the front of the bucket arms for the quick connects. This would have been a much more durable bracket to support the quick connector for the backhoe.

For my bracket I welded a 3/8 nut to the angle iron to give me space for the fittings.

First photo is the front fitting that I refer to.

Thanks again for all of your help!
That looks nice! If my backhoe went on/off a little more frequently than it does now....I think I'd redo my bracket to give a little more clearance for the quick connect. Maybe I could get by with an angled shim or something as well. I like your idea in making your bracket.

Did you purchase a grapple for your B2650? The grapple turned my B2650 into a brush clearing beast for cleaning up the woods and downed trees around our acreage. One of my better investments!!

Reactions: 1 user

Nipmunc

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Apr 9, 2022
Uxbridge, Ma
That looks nice! If my backhoe went on/off a little more frequently than it does now....I think I'd redo my bracket to give a little more clearance for the quick connect. Maybe I could get by with an angled shim or something as well. I like your idea in making your bracket.

Did you purchase a grapple for your B2650? The grapple turned my B2650 into a brush clearing beast for cleaning up the woods and downed trees around our acreage. One of my better investments!!
The3rd function kit was actually a Christmas present from my wife. My son did a lot of research on them and found your post on this forum and decided the Summit was the one to buy. The original intent was a snow plow which is just about complete. I have a 500’ driveway and currently use a snowblower on one of my John Deere’s. The plow will be another option for clearing the driveway.

I do have 14 acres of wooded land and I could really use a grapple bucket. What type did you buy? I have been looking at them and the prices around here are from about $1800-$5000.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
The3rd function kit was actually a Christmas present from my wife. My son did a lot of research on them and found your post on this forum and decided the Summit was the one to buy. The original intent was a snow plow which is just about complete. I have a 500’ driveway and currently use a snowblower on one of my John Deere’s. The plow will be another option for clearing the driveway.

I do have 14 acres of wooded land and I could really use a grapple bucket. What type did you buy? I have been looking at them and the prices around here are from about $1800-$5000.
I have the "EA 55" Wicked Root Rake Grapple" and am quite happy with it. It was purchased just before all the price hikes started to take place. I think it was around $2K at the time.

I just checked and see the EA 55" grapple is on sale at the moment for $2400. Not a bad price considering all the other price increases on everything else.