Subframe question

Codfish

Equipment
B8200
Jul 10, 2021
Hudson NH
37816813-F63D-4422-A250-F100FD3A80E4.jpeg

I am new to this. My question is I have a B8200 and it has this subframe from the roll bar to the front of the tractor. The 3 point hitch is anchored to it. I just picked up an L4520 backhoe which is the model the specs list as matchinijg the tractor. Is there a differant sub frame for the back hoe or is this reinforcement enough?

Attachments

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Looks like a 3PH BH, your sub frame won't be much help unless the BH mounts directly to the sub-frame. Enjoy your new toy, remember it's not a Case 580 TLB.

Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
View attachment 64095
I am new to this. My question is I have a B8200 and it has this subframe from the roll bar to the front of the tractor. The 3 point hitch is anchored to it. I just picked up an L4520 backhoe which is the model the specs list as matchinijg the tractor. Is there a differant sub frame for the back hoe or is this reinforcement enough?
I have a B7200 with B1630 loader and a similar subframe. My subframe is clearly designed for mounting the loader.

The Kubota online parts site does not find anything for model number L4520 but does return a hit on L4530. which is a backhoe listed for use on a B9200. The parts diagrams for it show a L4531 "mounting kit". It consists of a long under tractor welded subframe and front and rear mounting brackets. Not at all clear it would work with the subframe you currently have on your tractor.

Looking at the picture of the hoe it does appear to be setup for mounting on the 3pt lift rather than a subframe. I think you need to find an operators manual for that hoe.

Dan

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
A lot of people have voiced concerns about using a three point hitch backhoe. I’ve not had problems with mine in 18 years or so, but, and it’s a big but, my tractor requires a heavy duty three point hitch top link bracket. Without the heavy duty top link bracket is possible to damage the gear case with a three point hitch backhoe. Perhaps it’s even possible with the heavy duty top blank brother, I don’t know.

Before using a three point hitch backhoe on that tractor I would be sure to confirm whether there is a heavy duty top link bracket required.

Other than that, no advice to offer…

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Looks like the b7200 requires the heavy duty bracket. If you PM me your address I can email you the 2 page pdf I have that calls out the part numbers.

CF37DA07-1BF0-4913-87B1-46533228BCAB.png

Codfish

Equipment
B8200
Jul 10, 2021
Hudson NH
A lot of people have voiced concerns about using a three point hitch backhoe. I’ve not had problems with mine in 18 years or so, but, and it’s a big but, my tractor requires a heavy duty three point hitch top link bracket. Without the heavy duty top link bracket is possible to damage the gear case with a three point hitch backhoe. Perhaps it’s even possible with the heavy duty top blank brother, I don’t know.

Before using a three point hitch backhoe on that tractor I would be sure to confirm whether there is a heavy duty top link bracket required.

Other than that, no advice to offer…
Thank-you
Rich

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
That looks very similar to the B4672A & B4690A mounting system. A picture of the backhoe from the mounting side would confirm it. If so, it's not a frame-mount, but it's not a pure 3ph mounting system either. It uses the 3ph components, but some added features lock it in, making it semi-rigid.

I see yours has a nearly identical mast ear that connects to the reinforced HD top link bracket (which your tractor does not yet have). Unless the backhoe was removed from another B8200, you may need to reconfigure or replace the mast to fit your tractor. There were two different mast ears for the B4672 -- one fit B series tractors but there was a different one for L series tractors. If at all possible, I would search out a copy of the manual for your specific model, but if you cannot find one, the B4672A manual can be downloaded from here and may be of some general guidance.

One thing I don't see is the 3ph limiter bar that locks the backhoe to the 3ph arms. It could be out of view, missing or maybe this backhoe doesn't come with one.

Limiter.jpg

Your subframe looks very similar in principle to this one designed for other models that take a 3ph backhoe. The key factor is that the subframe should reinforce the joints were the tractor can be split -- between the engine and clutch and between clutch and transmission.

scan0001.jpg

Your tractor absolutely needs the HD top link bracket (70050-93213 for the B8200) to receive the mast ear and ensure the backhoe doesn't crack the PTO housing. I made my own, as documented here, although doing so was the subject of some controversy :LOL:.

Last edited:

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I came across some part diagrams for B/L4520 backhoe models on Kubota Books. It appears that your backhoe is not 3ph mounted, but uses an auxiliary mounting kit. Not sure which one you need though, you may have to consult the dealer on that.

Codfish

Equipment
B8200
Jul 10, 2021
Hudson NH
View attachment 64095
If you need more examples of HD top link bracket...

I did weld my 3pt link (ears?) to this.

I ended up not using the backhoe but kept the bracket as extra insurance to the rear 3 point hitch.
It looks like I have the top bracket. The back hoe has a very heavy arm in place of the top link that looks like it goes into that bracket. Is this correct?
If you need more examples of HD top link bracket...

I did weld my 3pt link (ears?) to this.

I ended up not using the backhoe but kept the bracket as extra insurance to the rear 3 point hitch.
I think the tractor has this br

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I think I have the heavy duty t link bracket and the hoe has a very heavy attachment to use in place the top link
View attachment 64159
I sent the PDF I mentioned to the email address you PMed me.

The illustration for the B8200 looks different than what you have. The vertical pieces with the holes in them, turn horizontal, and the flat piece on the top is much longer, and secured with extra bolts.

My 3PH backhoe also has the heavy bar in place of the top link, that attaches to a pin in the bracket. Also, actually two pins are used. One for the bar to lower down over, and a second that uses a pin to go through the hole in the bar as well as a hole in the bracket, to hold the bar in place.

You might also want to find a manual for the backhoe, as mine shows different setups for different tractors. But my hoe is not the same as yours...

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
I sent the PDF I mentioned to the email address you PMed me.

The illustration for the B8200 looks different than what you have. The vertical pieces with the holes in them, turn horizontal, and the flat piece on the top is much longer, and secured with extra bolts.

My 3PH backhoe also has the heavy bar in place of the top link, that attaches to a pin in the bracket. Also, actually two pins are used. One for the bar to lower down over, and a second that uses a pin to go through the hole in the bar as well as a hole in the bracket, to hold the bar in place.

You might also want to find a manual for the backhoe, as mine shows different setups for different tractors. But my hoe is not the same as yours...
I agree with Henro. I do not think that is the heavy duty top link bracket. That backhoe was made by Woods equipment co . It is the same as a Woods BH750
I have one subframe mounted on a B7100. I can get you a PDF copy of the Woods manual if that would help..

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
The B8200 heavy duty top link bracket is the top right one. You can see how it wraps around the 3ph lift cylinder casting and distributes the load better with extra meat and mounting bolts

hd_top_link_brackets.jpg

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
I forgot to say---- That is one fine looking B8200 tractor!!
Obviously well taken care of. With the optional power steering.

Codfish

Equipment
B8200
Jul 10, 2021
Hudson NH
I agree with Henro. I do not think that is the heavy duty top link bracket. That backhoe was made by Woods equipment co . It is the same as a Woods BH750
I have one subframe mounted on a B7100. I can get you a PDF copy of the Woods manual if that would help..
Thanks that would be great. I appreciate the help, little by little I am figuring it out.

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
More pics, here is a better pic of the 3point arraignment currently on the backhoe
. View attachment 64193
Huh. Well that's definitely a 3PH mount. No sign of a limiter bar or provision for one. No sign of the mounting kits shown in the parts diagrams on kubotabooks. I agree with kubotasam -- that looks like a rebadged Woods BH750. His PDF of that manual is probably your best bet for information.

No sign of the seat, either! Is it included but just not in the picture?