Stupid newbie question - can’t get snowblower off tractor

muttbarker

Equipment
Kubota L4060 HST, Snowblower, FEL, Rear Blade, 60" Grapple, 6' Bush Hog, Forks
Jan 24, 2022
Oakley, Utah
Howdy - I have a Kubota L4060 with a L4479 snowblower. I bought it January of this year and it was delivered with the snowblower already attached. The dealer provided no instructions, assistance or any pointers so it has been a realLy interesting experience learning to drive a tractor and use the blower. Really thankful for this website and all the great posts. Helped me so much but I have yet another dumb question to put forward.

I want to take the snowblower off and the first step in the manual states “Disconnect the female driveline (item 2) from the tractor and from the snowblower male driveline.” Seeing as I did not attach this in first place I have no clue how to do this. Searched the web far and wide and have come up empty.

I know I can call the dealer but I thought I would try this site first. Any advice is greatly appreciated. THANKS!
Kevin

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
“Disconnect the female driveline (item 2) from the tractor and from the snowblower male driveline.” Seeing as I did not attach this in first place I have no clue how to do this. Searched the web far and wide and have come up empty.

At the PTO on the tractor - there is a round collar that you will need to slide back and then pull backwards.
This will allow you to unhook the PTO shaft and then pull off three point.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pto...oAHoECAEQAA#kpvalbx=_HnttYqjZEuTB_Qb756fQDw57

Reactions: 1 user

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Look for a button on the collar that you push in for it to release. Push the button and pull on the driveline to release it.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The installation and owner's manuals should have been delivered with the tractor. On my BX, these are located on the back of the seatback in a hinged compartment. Your tractor might have a similar location for the manuals. If not, contact the dealer and request a copy of the manuals.

dclauria

Equipment
Kubota L4060HSTC, L4479 snowblower, EA 60" grapple, LP GS2584, LP BB2572
Jan 1, 2022
Northern Michigan
Howdy - I have a Kubota L4060 with a L4479 snowblower. I bought it January of this year and it was delivered with the snowblower already attached. The dealer provided no instructions, assistance or any pointers so it has been a realLy interesting experience learning to drive a tractor and use the blower. Really thankful for this website and all the great posts. Helped me so much but I have yet another dumb question to put forward.

I want to take the snowblower off and the first step in the manual states “Disconnect the female driveline (item 2) from the tractor and from the snowblower male driveline.” Seeing as I did not attach this in first place I have no clue how to do this. Searched the web far and wide and have come up empty.

I know I can call the dealer but I thought I would try this site first. Any advice is greatly appreciated. THANKS!
Kevin
I have the same setup. There is a good YouTube video showing installation from loader to snowblower and back again.
I think this is it
The only thing I had trouble with is I forgot there is a collar on the driveshaft where it attaches to the mid mount pto underneath.
You have to push the collar back I think and the driveshaft will pull off the spline.
I left the snowblower and frame all attached as one.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Or the easiest thing is to leave it on, and buy another tractor,,
;)
OK I know I know.

Reactions: 2 users

muttbarker

Equipment
Jan 24, 2022
Oakley, Utah
At the PTO on the tractor - there is a round collar that you will need to slide back and then pull backwards.
This will allow you to unhook the PTO shaft and then pull off three point.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pto...oAHoECAEQAA#kpvalbx=_HnttYqjZEuTB_Qb756fQDw57
Hokie85 - you are indeed a teacher as per your tag line. Thank you for your statement and for the video link. So, now I know that the female driveline attaches to the mid PTO. Every day, another bit of knowledge. My wife keeps telling me I need to go to tractor school and I keep telling here I do. Every time I login to this site I go to school.

Thanks teach!

Reactions: 1 user

muttbarker

Equipment
Jan 24, 2022
Oakley, Utah
The installation and owner's manuals should have been delivered with the tractor. On my BX, these are located on the back of the seatback in a hinged compartment. Your tractor might have a similar location for the manuals. If not, contact the dealer and request a copy of the manuals.
Dusty, the manual had the one line that I posted and that was it. Like many manuals the assumption is always that you know what you are doing in general before you even the book.

muttbarker

Equipment
Jan 24, 2022
Oakley, Utah
Or the easiest thing is to leave it on, and buy another tractor,,
;)
OK I know I know.
Hey Skeets - I tried that line on my wife and I got "the look" - so I'm afraid that won't work. :cry:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

muttbarker

Equipment
Jan 24, 2022
Oakley, Utah
I have the same setup. There is a good YouTube video showing installation from loader to snowblower and back again.
I think this is it
The only thing I had trouble with is I forgot there is a collar on the driveshaft where it attaches to the mid mount pto underneath.
You have to push the collar back I think and the driveshaft will pull off the spline.
I left the snowblower and frame all attached as one.
Thanks for sharing!