Steering is backwards

Countrylife

Equipment
L235, RTV 900
May 12, 2022
East Texas
post #18
"So the OP states he only removed and replaced one hose. Then the steering suddenly reversed.

Either the OP is misleading us, or this is actually the situation. "

post #7
" The steering wheel position WAS moved prior to the line being replaced. "

If only one hose was removed and the steering wheel position was moved, I'd think that the actuator was upside down when the hose was replaced. I'd try removing the hose, rotate the steering wheel 180 degrees (or as much as was done earlier) reconnect the hose and see if the problem is fixed.

on edit after seeing post #20 - post 20 should be right, but I can't think of anything else that would be wrong.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
So the OP states he only removed and replaced one hose. Then the steering suddenly reversed.

Either the OP is misleading us, or this is actually the situation.

I certainly don’t know the answer, but I do know there are a number of very experienced people here who might, or at least might suggest possibilities.
On the steering controller the hoses are very close together, and in an area such that a normal wrench often won't get onto the back hose, so you gotta take the front one off to get to the back one. From there, since the fittings is identical, it's very easy to screw up where they came from and where they go back. Trial and error unless you mark them.

N3BP

Equipment
B7200DT, B7200HST-D, L2900GST, L3010 HST TLB
Sep 20, 2016
Lebanon, PA
There aint a whole lotta magic or wizardry behind the grand L00/L10 steering system. Either your controller is fubar (rare) or hoses swapped (common if you do not mark them)

Attachments

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Well…if they’re NOT accidentally swapped….. Then DELIBERATELY SWAP THEM! 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users