Starter Solenoid wiring B7001D

Viscount

Equipment
B7001D
Aug 29, 2018
Rye UK
Can you take a video or audio of it?
I'll have a go. Nothing really to see and difficult to pinpoint - sounds like a bunch of light keys tinkling (I thought that's what it was at first). I wasn't too worried about it to be honest - do you think I should be?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'll have a go. Nothing really to see and difficult to pinpoint - sounds like a bunch of light keys tinkling (I thought that's what it was at first). I wasn't too worried about it to be honest - do you think I should be?
I wouldn't worry, but some issues are better addressed when they are young. ;)

Viscount

Equipment
B7001D
Aug 29, 2018
Rye UK
I wouldn't worry, but some issues are better addressed when they are young. ;)
I'll try not to. On a 40 year old tractor, it's bound to be making some noises. The gearbox has a good whine - bit like the owner really. Just been out and mowed a paddock and produced so much grass that I don't know what to do with it (it's been a dry summer here and the stuff has really been growing). Tractor performed really well with a 1.2m flail mower on the tail.

Anyway, when I got the old girl back in afterwards, I left her to idle in neutral in the shed whilst I choked on the fumes (nothing like hot diesel fumes) and recorded the engine ticking over.

Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to upload the file........... So here's one of the old girl herself instead!

Attachments

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to upload the file........... So here's one of the old girl herself instead!
Make a free account with youtube ....upload it there...then post the URL here!

Could it be just the diesel ping? Diesels do make a sound like someone rolling a marble in a metal bowl sound....... or a pinging like sound.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Think about describing a sound with words. That's pretty tough job. And a lot of what we hear depends a lot on our ability to hear, and what frequencies are we not hearing?

My wife frequently ask what's that sound, and I don't hear the sound she thinks it available to everyone!

Viscount

Equipment
B7001D
Aug 29, 2018
Rye UK
Think about describing a sound with words. That's pretty tough job. And a lot of what we hear depends a lot on our ability to hear, and what frequencies are we not hearing?

My wife frequently ask what's that sound, and I don't hear the sound she thinks it available to everyone!
Like trying to describe a spiral staircase without moving your hands........ incidentally I now think that the tinkling may be coming from a baffle in the exhaust silencer. Thanks all again for your help.

Last edited: