bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
4048D5D4-DB2A-4A48-9CA5-F4710A275CD5.png
3B4B9FBB-3096-418A-A0D1-969F136289C9.png
335A1D09-DD9E-43BC-B2EB-7BA0BA3D5B1B.png

With the ( almost) coming of spring, off went the Front snow blower and rear blade, back to the Grapple to start cutting wood, in the cool weather. Already took the land plane out and graded off the roads to the main paved connector road.
Time for what I call spring cleaning. Get the Kubota up in the air, clean and check everything, ( yes I wipe down everything on the underside and rub on a coat of carnuba wax on the upper ) engine oil and hydro change, swap out air filter. Fuel filters were just done in fall. All zerks hit again.
No seepage or leaks, but it’s a great feeling to get under it and be able to look at and check everything.
Ready to put on skid plate and grill guard, and get to spring chores.

Reactions: 4 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Are you...??.... Yep.... You’re addicted.... :ROFLMAO:

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Are you...??.... Yep.... You’re addicted.... :ROFLMAO:
I’m a certified tractorwhore.
All my implements are Kubota Orange, even the home made ones. I’ll paint them and add Kubota stickers, so it all matches. Hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Do you wear Kubota orange pants & shirts, so you color coordinate with the tractor??? :) Realistically, you are doing what we all should do to preserve our investment!

Reactions: 1 user

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
My orange clothing items say Shihl, but that’s another story.
I was a body repair tech ( Ford) and heavy vehicle tech( telecom) all my working life, and I had my custom body shop on the side.
I’ve seen first hand the benefits of clean undercarriages, and well lubed machines. Plus it’s much easier to check for leaks, worn or loose parts when it’s clean and painted. It adds a few hours, split up twice a year for a full clean and wipe down.
I do my truck every spring. Wheels off, pull brakes clean, lube, check everything, repaint everything metal as needed. I think the underside of my truck is often cleaner than the top side.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
My 3560 hasn’t been out since we had 18 inches of snow, and I hate to launch her to tidy up the manure pile or any such mundane chores since we have truly entered the mud season with an inch or more of rain last night.

Tires look like she was detailed....
A12A1E28-7CA0-4443-A53D-A0035BEC9319.jpeg

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
My 3560 hasn’t been out since we had 18 inches of snow, and I hate to launch her to tidy up the manure pile or any such mundane chores since we have truly entered the mud season with an inch or more of rain last night.

Tires look like she was detailed....
View attachment 56972
If you get bored. Feel free to come detail my 23s lol.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
If you get bored. Feel free to come detail my 23s lol.
How far north are you? You got any snow left? All I did was romp around in the snow with her. No elbow grease required. Now bearskinner is doing some serious work. An inspiration! I should at least go look for my grease zerks while it is still clean

Last edited:

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
How far north are you? You got any snow left? All I did was romp around in the snow with her. No elbow grease required. Now bearbait is doing some serious work. An inspiration! I should at least go look for my grease zerks while it is still clean
I’ve already gone out in the mud. Snow is gone and it’s been raining not for at least 20hrs pretty much going to have my machine parked for at least a week thanks to the rain.

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Hey OP, where's the dipstick on that rear axle? I have a similar 23S and could not find mine. (NewB)

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
My orange clothing items say Shihl, but that’s another story.
I was a body repair tech ( Ford) and heavy vehicle tech( telecom) all my working life, and I had my custom body shop on the side.
I’ve seen first hand the benefits of clean undercarriages, and well lubed machines. Plus it’s much easier to check for leaks, worn or loose parts when it’s clean and painted. It adds a few hours, split up twice a year for a full clean and wipe down.
I do my truck every spring. Wheels off, pull brakes clean, lube, check everything, repaint everything metal as needed. I think the underside of my truck is often cleaner than the top side.
Most of my stuff leaks.

• Haha

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
I had the same thought. Probably couldn't slide that one through the finance committee 😂

I was going to pick up the standard size lift, but they were having a sale on the larger, heavier model. It will lift a 2.5 ton dually. $2K well worth the money to save my knees and back