Speed Control Pedal safety switch

LNICK

Equipment
L3200, bush hog, sliding rear blade, box blade, boom
Feb 17, 2015
Franklin County, VA
Hello all,

I have a hydrostatic L3200. It has had trouble starting at times. I thought jiggling wires at back of ignition switch fixed it; I discovered today that it is the Speed Control Pedal position that is causing the problem. With no weight on the pedal, and it appearing to be in the neutral position, it will not start; if I move the pedal just right, then it will start.

What's up; have I done something to this maybe bush hogging a field; is it a defective switch, where do I find instructions on repairing it? I couldn't determine where the switch is exactly. I have a PDF version of the L3200 workshop manual but didn't find the switch there (though I might have overlooked it, I admit).

Help me Brothers, Sister or professional technicans!

:rolleyes: thanks

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hello all,

I have a hydrostatic L3200. It has had trouble starting at times. I thought jiggling wires at back of ignition switch fixed it; I discovered today that it is the Speed Control Pedal position that is causing the problem. With no weight on the pedal, and it appearing to be in the neutral position, it will not start; if I move the pedal just right, then it will start.

What's up; have I done something to this maybe bush hogging a field; is it a defective switch, where do I find instructions on repairing it? I couldn't determine where the switch is exactly. I have a PDF version of the L3200 workshop manual but didn't find the switch there (though I might have overlooked it, I admit).

Help me Brothers, Sister or professional technicans!

:rolleyes: thanks
There has to be a sensor underneath the pedal, getting to it might be harder than fixing it !:) There are several times this has come up on multiple threads.

Wolf will find you a diagram !:D ........ if he cannot -- do your research and dig deeper - I get why the safety switches are there - but what a PITA to find and fix when they get out of whack!:)

look here:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...witch-problem-l3200-hst-nuetral-safety-switch

Last edited:

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
On this picture, look at the "40A", then right to plastic box, then right to box mounted on flange. That's the switch. Plunger is on bottom. Pedal mechanically linked on underside of foot.

And it's possible that the switch has moved up in its holder.

WSM pages 9-M10 and 9-S10.

Attachments

Last edited:

LNICK

Equipment
L3200, bush hog, sliding rear blade, box blade, boom
Feb 17, 2015
Franklin County, VA
Jim L. and North Idaho Wolfman:

Thanks so much.... It is nice to see there are good-hearted, selfless people in the world. The information, photo and schematics are excellent. :) God Bless you, both.

Now, can you tell me where you find such fine official photos and schematics online?

LNICK, bowing in gratitude