Space Aliens in Fur Suits

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Speaking of cats, got nailed by one that apparently rode from town out to farm astride truck air cleaner. Got home and heard yowling. Opened hood and cat exploded. Next day heard meowing. Got gloves and got more ready. Opened hood and grabbed cat and he grabbed back. Sloppy on my part. Cat again vaporized. Promptly forgot about it after cleaning wounds. Mine, not his. Then yesterday found cat dead in front yard. Oh dang. Not believing in coincidences, sucked up frozen body and transported to vet for 'removal and transport' of head to state epidemiologist. Somewhat torn as to the fifty bucks: hope the charge is worthwhile and sort of hope it isn't. Those that remember the 'coon incident a while back may wonder why my number isn't on speed dial at state health dept. They tell me it is, now. Never a dull moment.

Partial offset of cost by calling glove manufacturer and mentioning in passing that their $20 leather gloves aren’t so great. Got a dozen mixed pair inbound as warranty replacement for customer satisfaction. Asked if they had any made of cat skin that resulted in long quiet pause before a hesitant, “Uh, no.”

Burmese foster child of a kinfolk reported she preferred dogs, explaining, “Cats they too hard to kill.” This in response to a friend’s appearing with a new puppy, although apparently not as supper.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I was driving a tandem axle flat bed that has a Piggy Back forklift on it. I drove a good 40 miles round trip across town to find a kitten clining onto the frame rail of the Sterling truck just over top of the tadem axles. How the kitten never fell off on a bump and went between the tandems is beyond me. Took it home and the ex has had it ever since.

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Cat skin gloves.........LOL :D:D:D

That is funny. I guess they would go along with the cat britches my dad said he was going to make for me. :D:D:D When I would ask him what he was doing he would say "cat for". I would say what is a cat for? He would say, "to make kitten britches for you to wear a pair". LOL :D:D:D