Something I do for fun

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Like Old Cars?

We all have interests beyond orange tractors. One of mine is old cars. I'm from the Muscle Car era, after all.:D

While I don't have an old car right now (Harley in the garage, and 2 kids at Cornell University), I've been a part of this non-profit corporation for many years. I was President of the Board of Trustees 2006-2008. Its a great group of Car Guys!

We have grown to ~90,000 square feet, and 170 cars on exhibit. One of the largest automotive museums in the eastern US.

I hope I'm not scolded for advertising - we are a non-profit educational museum chartered by the NYS Education Department. Just wanted you guys to see something I do for fun.

On the link below is a video we did several years ago - I think I'm in it a couple-three times.

The benefactor, George Staley, has since passed away. He was truly a great person, of unbelievable passion for American-made automobiles!

If you ever travel to upstate New York, its worth a stop. We draw from almost all 50 states each year, as well as about 25 foreign countries.

http://www.classiccarmuseum.org/media_center.php

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Hey listen you guys happen to have an old GTX layin around that you want to get rid of I will give it a good home, you know take it out for rides wash and wax it and make sure it has a happy home,,,,:D

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Hey listen you guys happen to have an old GTX layin around that you want to get rid of I will give it a good home, you know take it out for rides wash and wax it and make sure it has a happy home,,,,:D
GTX, as in the AMC GTX?

There ARE 2 fans of them! A buddy, who passed away a few years ago, was big into AMC cars. He was restoring a GTX when he passed. He had several.

Skeets - you make the 2nd friend into GTX's (if I got the right car).

Another bud was at Hershey on October, and ALMOST bought an AMC Pacer wagon. We all remember those, don't we?

He figured it wouldn't work in his garage with the '37 Packard and '61 Lincoln convertible.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
I'm betting a lot of tractor guys are also car guys. Myself and Wildfire for sure. I owned 7 mustangs at one time, (down to 1 now) and I do transmission work for 2 Mustang restoration shops in this area. You've heard the phrase " as American as apple pie and baseball"?? I think that should be " as American as horses, tractors and cars".

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I love those old cars though I don't own any. One of my brothers and his family fix up late 60 early 70 Chevy pickups, they usually hot rod rather than restoration.

lamanated

Equipment
BX
May 2, 2013
Zephyrhills Fl
In my 20's I restored old mustangs, we did from 64 1/2 up to 72, no hi po cars, but Boss cars up to 351, and had a hand in a Boss 429.(from Nfld btw)I did one 67 GTX 440 car, which is my favorite.then moved on to Camaros. we did several l78 cars, a couple z28;s then 3 69 indy 500 pace cars,one was a big block car that a collector bought. He showed up out of the blue from New York, with a briefcase full buying up cars here.Year one put him onto us I guess. I was at a body shop doing some painting,and a guy hauls in a frame from a Hughes 269 helicopter,so I said I;d redo it,then a call comes in a guy wants an old bell jetranger helicopter restored, that progressed into 2 Astar helicopters, and the last Alouette 3 in Canada.. next project is a lawn tractor, so still has lots of moving parts.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
GTX, as in the AMC GTX?

There ARE 2 fans of them! A buddy, who passed away a few years ago, was big into AMC cars. He was restoring a GTX when he passed. He had several.

Skeets - you make the 2nd friend into GTX's (if I got the right car).

Another bud was at Hershey on October, and ALMOST bought an AMC Pacer wagon. We all remember those, don't we?

He figured it wouldn't work in his garage with the '37 Packard and '61 Lincoln convertible.
I thought it was a AMC AMX, could be wrong though.

Never owned one but I think they are bada$$. :)

76_Bronco

Equipment
B7200 4WD w/FEL, 4' disc, 4' Brush Hog, 14" Plow, 4' Blade, JD 246 2 row Planter
Mar 28, 2012
Rainsville, Al
Not really a muscle car, but it's a classic! I purchased it from my Sister in 2005, and restored it within 6 months. My brother in law bought it new in 76.

Attachments

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Oh yeah Mopar to ya,,:D 1969 Plymouth GTX 440 2, 4's built 727, with 3:73 gears yup that would work that would work,, And My Ex had the AMC, AMX with a 390, was one running little beast

Sterno

Equipment
Kubota B6100D, B7100HST, Ber-Vac S51 3PT Snowblower, Kubota A450
Dec 9, 2012
Summerland, British Columbia
Another Mopar freak here. Here's my eternal project, life keeps getting in the way :mad:
Before...

...during...

...and after

Gratuitous under-hood shot :rolleyes:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY

zman8537

Equipment
Mowing, Snow Plowing, Hauling
Sep 8, 2013
Chicora, PA
Re: Like Old Cars?

We all have interests beyond orange tractors. One of mine is old cars. I'm from the Muscle Car era, after all.:D

While I don't have an old car right now (Harley in the garage, and 2 kids at Cornell University), I've been a part of this non-profit corporation for many years. I was President of the Board of Trustees 2006-2008. Its a great group of Car Guys!

We have grown to ~90,000 square feet, and 170 cars on exhibit. One of the largest automotive museums in the eastern US.

I hope I'm not scolded for advertising - we are a non-profit educational museum chartered by the NYS Education Department. Just wanted you guys to see something I do for fun.

On the link below is a video we did several years ago - I think I'm in it a couple-three times.

The benefactor, George Staley, has since passed away. He was truly a great person, of unbelievable passion for American-made automobiles!

If you ever travel to upstate New York, its worth a stop. We draw from almost all 50 states each year, as well as about 25 foreign countries.

http://www.classiccarmuseum.org/media_center.php
Not any muscle cars but being that you live up around the Finger Lakes, have you ever went to the Glenn Curtiss Museum? It is in Bath, New York. It is really interesting and you could easily spend a day walking around checking everything out. I have been there a couple times and still enjoy going when I can. It is geared towards many of his inventions along with other motorcycles, airplanes, cars, boats, engines and many other interesting items. Definitely worth a visit, not to mention just a beautiful part of the country and if you enjoy wine it is really a great place to visit.

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
Here is a couple of photos of items that I have restored. Sorry that the first one is a Ford but I like all old cars. It is the same as the first car I ever purchased so you could say that I am trying to get my childhood back. 1971 Torino GT / 429.

This is a Ditch-Witch trencher.

A trailer that I built with hydro lift for my riding lawn mower.

Last edited: