Some of you older folks may not realize how bad public schools are getting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
This thread is like watching a GECO commercial where children become adults and then take on the attributes of their parents.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
yeah schools, public schools, suck-and with all the many issues nowadays, if I had kids they would be going to private school even if I have to go broke in paying for it.

locally they've been hashing around the thoughts of banning gay books and gays using opposite gender bathrooms.

when i was in school there were one or two of them and it was very uncomfortable when a crossdresser is standing next to you at the urinal....i can't imagine what it's like today, with more and more of them

and letting crossdressers play in sports? Say, you have a mens football team and some girl decides she wants to be a man and dress as one and play football. What's gonna happen in the locker room? Those who defend them would say, well nothing would happen-they'd fit right in. I've been in those situations (I played a lot of ball in school) and the crossdressers were often beaten, scoffed at, and generally pushed to the side in the locker room...but we all knew we couldn't do it on the field, but we could put them in front of a 300+ lb D-line and let them know what real football is about. Or put em behind the plate in baseball. I was a pitcher and the team has one of those crossdressers that couldn't play any position well, so we stuck them behind the plate. That lasted about 4 practices and they never showed up after that which was fine by the rest of us. That issue in itself is what I have been trying to get across; just because they're allowed to play in the opposite genders' team doesn't mean that they're going to be welcomed by the rest of the players, and that is what is to be protected. It's for their own safety.

with that said I'm still active in different sports and there are still one or two of them around. And I'm still active within the school system. I can't go into much detail but I can tell you this. The parents of those kids who think they want to be a woman (and were born a boy) or vise versa are LOUD, and they are like a murder of crows. They are loud, they gather all their friends up, they pay them (in one way or another) to show up at the meetings and sway the board into making rules that favor them. And if the boards dont do what they ask, they make even more noise in getting the media involved and now those of us who are making the rules for the vast majority are the bad people.

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
yeah schools, public schools, suck-and with all the many issues nowadays, if I had kids they would be going to private school even if I have to go broke in paying for it.

locally they've been hashing around the thoughts of banning gay books and gays using opposite gender bathrooms.

when i was in school there were one or two of them and it was very uncomfortable when a crossdresser is standing next to you at the urinal....i can't imagine what it's like today, with more and more of them

and letting crossdressers play in sports? Say, you have a mens football team and some girl decides she wants to be a man and dress as one and play football. What's gonna happen in the locker room? Those who defend them would say, well nothing would happen-they'd fit right in. I've been in those situations (I played a lot of ball in school) and the crossdressers were often beaten, scoffed at, and generally pushed to the side in the locker room...but we all knew we couldn't do it on the field, but we could put them in front of a 300+ lb D-line and let them know what real football is about. Or put em behind the plate in baseball. I was a pitcher and the team has one of those crossdressers that couldn't play any position well, so we stuck them behind the plate. That lasted about 4 practices and they never showed up after that which was fine by the rest of us. That issue in itself is what I have been trying to get across; just because they're allowed to play in the opposite genders' team doesn't mean that they're going to be welcomed by the rest of the players, and that is what is to be protected. It's for their own safety.

with that said I'm still active in different sports and there are still one or two of them around. And I'm still active within the school system. I can't go into much detail but I can tell you this. The parents of those kids who think they want to be a woman (and were born a boy) or vise versa are LOUD, and they are like a murder of crows. They are loud, they gather all their friends up, they pay them (in one way or another) to show up at the meetings and sway the board into making rules that favor them. And if the boards dont do what they ask, they make even more noise in getting the media involved and now those of us who are making the rules for the vast majority are the bad people.
I would bet that the FBI isn't investigating these protests at school board meetings.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
clipped
. And if the boards dont do what they ask, they make even more noise in getting the media involved and now those of us who are making the rules for the vast majority are the bad people.
If more of the "good" people got off their asses and got involved with their schools and kids the bad people would not have such a powerful voice.

Reactions: 1 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I don’t know about other places, but I think suburban public schools in south western PA are pretty good. No opinion about city schools.

Granted some parents seem to feel that schools are supposed to turn their kids into geniuses but that is not reality. But they give schools a bad rap when the kids only perform at the level they we gifted with at birth. Wish I was born smarter, but I wasn’t and maximum effort did not give me what came easy for the “smarter” ones. Of course the smarter ones may have been lacking in other ways…where I excelled.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
This woman makes a great point. How did this ever become acceptable. I have no problem with adults doing whatever floats their boat. But WHY do these folks feel the need to force this on children.

Should we allow strippers in bikinis to do their routine on a pole in front of 1st and 2nd graders?

Should we allow adult straight men to dance in speedos in front of 1st and 2nd graders?

What the hell are we doing and WHY are we doing it? Why is this in ANY school? Seriously I need an answer to this question.

Reactions: 2 users

Botamon

Equipment
M7060HDC12, John Deere 2020 diesel
Mar 26, 2018
Winnemucca, Nevada
These "guys" tried to have one of their events at one of the local elementary schools. Parents found out about it and made the school cancel the event. Now the "organization" is suing.....
Drag Queen Story Hour.jpg

Just what young kids need..."glamorous, positive, and unabashedly queer role models"!

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
What the hell are we doing and WHY are we doing it? Why is this in ANY school? Seriously I need an answer to this question.
Because the patients are running the asylum. In actuality though in order to answer your question, I would have to get into politics which isnt allowed here.

Biker1mike

Equipment
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
clipped
Goes to opinion, upbringing and social standards.
When we teach our young about biology and morality varies. In my family we always played with the kids to identify their eyes, nose, fingers and toes. But when it comes to the sex organs the names vary all over the place but rarely the actual name. Who knows when or where this started. It is natural and part of our bodies just like toes.
At what age do we teach about normal sexual relations? Again , it all depends on your upbringing. Not so long ago a 13 year old girl was of marrying age . Today many schools and parents do not even discuss sex at this age.
Now on the far fringe we have trans and cross dressers out in the open. At what age do we want to expose our young to this? The answer depends on who you ask. Someday it may actually become just a regular part of life.
As parents , it is your choice what your kids see or learn. I knew a few southern belles in Charleston SC that had no clue about sex and they were in the local college.
It was obvious that their social group considered sex to be something to be learned on the honeymoon.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
As parents , it is your choice what your kids see or learn.
It should be but parents choice is not respected in the real world....at all. Teachers, doctors, other parents, family members...all people that a child may respect and believe do actively undermine a parents choice for their own kids. And they do it because they may believe that the childs parent is simply wrong.

Did you know that a doctor can treat a 12 year old girl with birth control without either parents consent?
Did you know a teacher can reccomend to a doctor that a child needs mental health treatment, and then that doctor can prescribe or furnish a minor those meds without any parents consent?

Reproductive and mental health treatments no longer need parental consent for minors. I remember the letter posted on the wall at my kids pediatric office. This stuff started in 2010 with the Affordable Care Act.

As far as school boards and learning goes. Every school board member in my state has to sign a paper when they assume office that states that they will make decisions which are "in the best interest of the children" And of course that is entirely up for debate but thats what they use to go against what parents may want for the school, education or in the case of the original post, hosting a Drag Show.

Biker1mike

Equipment
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
It should be but parents choice is not respected in the real world....at all. Teachers, doctors, other parents, family members...all people that a child may respect and believe do actively undermine a parents choice for their own kids. And they do it because they may believe that the childs parent is simply wrong.
**********************************************************************************************************************************
Then I have lived in a different real world. My wife and I knew all of our kids teachers and pulled the kids from classes where the teacher had an agenda we did not approve of. Our children were encouraged to voice their opinion and to ask us the hard questions. Sex, drugs, war, peace, politics or religion, all topics open for debate. Peer pressure was more of a problem than other adults.

As to the do you know questions, I repeat , I have always been an actively involved parent and grandparent.

Status
Not open for further replies.