North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hi Folks,

Well I knew Paul had been hanging out on a few forums, but gosh, I had no idea how active he was back in the day!

My name is Samantha, I'm his twin and I took almost all the pics he posted here, wow time has flew by, but sadly I must report he is no longer with us, so I will try and pick up his mantle, and perhaps partly fill his shoes.

I stumbled onto all this today while researching one of his dreams to update the Kubota, I haven't taken allot of pics, but I am close to having the power steering he always wanted finished, and also trying to upgrade the charging system, and a few other things.

Yes, I may be a girl, but I spent my entire life with Paul, and I learned, he was brilliant, and so much skill and talent, and yeah, his shoes are going to be impossible to fill, but I will do my best, :)

I know we did take some pics he never uploaded so I will work on those in my spare time, please be patient.

My God, this thread alone dates all the way back to 2012, I wonder how many of you that knew him here are still around?

Everyone Have An Absolutely Wonder Day!!!

Samantha
Samantha,
Condolences on your and our loss!
It's always sad to lose a member of our group!
And you are definitely more than welcome and we are very pleased to have you carry on.
If you need any help just ask!

South 40

Equipment
L1500DT, 750 Ford backhoe, 49 D4 Cat Repowered with 6.9L Diesel
Nov 12, 2012
Bloomsdale, Mo. USA
Thanks Wolfman, :)

Lol, oh I need help alright, if you only knew how much Paul had on his to-do list.

The last few years he wasn't able to very much done, after his heart surgery he suffered from constant A-Fib attacks, bless his heart, he tried and tried to remain active but everytime he got involved he always went too far and pushed himself into the hospital with another attack, but he never gave up.

Samantha

South 40

Equipment
Nov 12, 2012
Bloomsdale, Mo. USA
Hey Folks,

Well I have been sitting here going thru his archives of stuff and I found a few pics and prat numbers and suppliers for some tires, wheels, and exhaust for the L175.

Oil filter: wix 51034 - Baldwin B-143 - Fram PH2825 - Carquest 85364
Fuel filter: wix 33390 - Baldwin BF-940 - Fram P7514 / P7572
Air filter: kubota 7000-11221

Stanley Muffler Ford/New Holland Tractor Muffler FO-2

Fits Dexta (Diesel-144 & 152 c.i.d.) (1957-1964) (3 cyl. Perkins Diesel engines).
•Vertical-Round Body. Shell dia. 4-1/4"
•Replaces OEM 957E 5230A, 957E 5230C

Dimensions:
•Inlet Length (A): 13"
•Inlet I.D. (B): 1-5/8"
•Shell Length (C): 17"
•Outlet Length (D): 3-1/2"
•Outlet O.D. (E): 1-3/4"
•O/A Length (F): 34"
•Weight in LBS: 6

He put larger tires on it and had to have the rear wheels made I think.

Rear Wheel:

Part # 34159-27950

R-1 AG tire and wheel
Wheel P/N 34159-27950
Tire Size- 8.3/8-24

R-3 Turf tire and wheel
Wheel P/N 34159-27650
Tire Size 13.6-16

Yanmar SA 221:

Industrial (R4) - Front 18 x 8.5-10 6PR
Industrial (R4) - Rear 26 x 12.0-12 4PR
Turf (R3) - Front 18 x 8.50-10 4PR
Turf (R3) - Rear 26 x 12.0-12 4PR

stock tires:

8.3x22 = 113 inches RC, OD = 37.5 inches, rim width = 7 inches
5x14 = 72 inches RC, OD = 23.8 inches, rim width = 4 inches (current = 6x14)

wide tires:

12.4 x16 = 106 inches RC, OD = 37.6 inches, rim width = 11 inches
23x8.5x12 = 69 inches RC, OD = 23.1 inches, rim width = 7 inches

Ag front: 5.00-15

Ag rear: 12.4-24

Front: 6.00-14. Rear: 9.5-24 (4WD)

200.00 per rim bkt 22x9.5 215.00

400.00 2 piece rim

22x9.5 and 6x14

Kennedy Tire:

22x9.5 rear = bkt tr171

14x6 front = bkt tr126

Tire Bargains:

22x9.5 rear = bkt tr144 227.00

14x6 front = gkt tr126 105.00

rim hole bushing

I think some of this is his notes on prices at the time.

Hmmm, he put paint on things, but no pics, lol, I guess I will have to give a really nice bath when I start the pics of the PS upgrade, and show everything then, but ya'll get the idea.

If anyone needs parts for a l175/l1500DT let me know he has lists on top of lists where he has bought one part or another, and or where he could get it when he was ready, Gawd he has so many notes.

Ahhh, now I remember, this was all to replace the Rice & Cane tires that it had when he bought it.

Enjoy

Samantha

P1000118.JPG
P1000119.JPG
P1000120.JPG
P1000121.JPG
P1000121-O.jpg
P1000123.JPG
P1000124.JPG
P1000116.JPG
P1000117.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

South 40

Equipment
Nov 12, 2012
Bloomsdale, Mo. USA
OK so while I am on a roll, and I will get rained out tomorrow anyway, sighs, here are more projects for your entertainment, (again the To-Do List).

Oh BTW we have already gone thru the 3pt hyd system, and stopped the drifting, and he turned up the pressure for a bit more lifting power.

So we just bought a new 3pt Tiller, no pics yet, still crated, (Kubota required), and this Chipper, still crated yes (Kubota requierd)....

Hmmm I don't know how to write after a pic soooo.

Then we bought this: HM 122 Portable Sawmill, still crated, this project has to wait until the Kubota is finished, he didn't like the short bed, and refused to pay the price for an extension, (he stated, I can make a 30' bed cheaper than what they want for that 10' extension), so there are 2 40' length's of 3" x 1/4" angle bar sitting at his buddies machine shop waiting to be cut and assembled, uggggggs, but it is what he envisioned, (oh did I mention we were going to be the ones running that thing?)

I might just get it put together and hire someone to run it, lol.

OK so I "think" I have ya'll caught up for now, might try and grab some shots of the Kubota work tomorrow since it will be raining, and I still have to track down a 5.5" pulley for the pump and an alternator.

Enjoy & Have A Wonderful Day!!

Samantha
HM122 Portable Sawmill.jpg

WC46 4 PTO Wood Chipper.jpg

South 40

Equipment
Nov 12, 2012
Bloomsdale, Mo. USA
Hey Everyone,

Well still no new pics of the 1500, (I'm working on it), but I did get the right length width belt for adding the PS pump today, looks good, (just hope it stretches a tad before it breaks, lol), also got a new 1 wire Alternator Saturday, and got the put on.

I just stripped out all the wiring and dash panel today, going to make my own harness, and do away with allot of the junk they had under there, clean it all up, and more modern looking and function, also going to paint the dash assembly, and install a Volt Meter since the idiot light will no longer work now.

The little fuse panel thing just crumbled when I tried to remove it so a new fuse panel will be going in under the dash, and the Volt gauge will fill that hole, thinking about a temp gauge also.

When I am done the dash will completely unplug from the rest of the tractor via 2 waterproof connectors, that will make removing the dash assembly much easier in the future.

Yeah Yeah I know you want pics, lol, well I will get some, just not sure when.

Cheers
Samantha

Reactions: 1 users

South 40

Equipment
Nov 12, 2012
Bloomsdale, Mo. USA
Hey Folks,

Well yesterday I tore all the new brackets, and PS pump off the front of the engine, and removed the new idler assembly we made, (it replaces the fan mount and fan pulley shaft and all), so I could recess the end of the bolt, (it was in the way of the new electric fan).

This morning both sides looked like this:
P1000167.JPG

The arrow points to the "head" of the bolt/shaft, we reduced the thickness by half down to about 1/16", then we opened up the center, section in the box by 1/2", this hopefully will give me enough room to put the fan on the radiator and the little button, (spot on the fan where I believe there is a bearing) will have room inside that recessed area, before the very end of that head was in the way.

Now after we recessed the roller and shaved off the end of the bolt/shaft it looks like this:
Idler Front.jpg

I thought about using the original shaft/bolt, and fan mount and just replacing the pulley with the roller, but that would have made the fan run backwards, so this is why I am now using an electric fan.

Future pics will certainly clear up and confusion, but I really hate touching my nice camera with greasy hands.

it's going to slow down my progress but I just bought some new hand cleaner for the shop, so I can clean my hands and then take a pic, lol, gawd this is gonna be slow.

I also bought some graphite for the new odometer cable, and some Loc Tight to make sure the roller stays put on the shaft, it's a nice press fit, but now there is only 1/2" of contact area with the shaft, it can't come off but it could start to slip, so will head that off up front, (after I test fit the fan and make sure I don't have to make anymore modifications).

Stopped at 6 different stores looking for a shade of blue to match the Kubota but nadda, I have a couple other stores in another town SW of us I am going to try tomorrow I think, all the new mounts but 1 are ready for paint.

Also picked up an o-ring to go under the tach bezel, I was hoping to find a flat o-ring, but haven't yet, this one should work once everything is tightened down, am now working on making sure the cable slot on the back is nice and clean so I can be sure the cable goes all the way in and is secure, then I will do the same on the engine, that end was a bear to get out the other day, but I got it, :).

Cheers
Samantha

South 40

Equipment
Nov 12, 2012
Bloomsdale, Mo. USA
Hey Folks,

I forgot to ask anyone have a lead on the little boots covering all the studs on the back of the ignition switch?

The old ones were so dry rotted they just crumbled off.

I will seal each one with silicone if I have to but that is a last resort, shivers.

Cheers
Samantha

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hey Folks,

I forgot to ask anyone have a lead on the little boots covering all the studs on the back of the ignition switch?

The old ones were so dry rotted they just crumbled off.

I will seal each one with silicone if I have to but that is a last resort, shivers.

Cheers
Samantha
You could use shrink wrap.

South 40

Equipment
Nov 12, 2012
Bloomsdale, Mo. USA
Hey Wolfman,

How's your day been?

Oh yes all the terminals will be the heat shrink type, and maybe even heat shrink over that, not sure yet, but I have tons of every size heat shrink, terminals, wire protection sleeve plus wire loom.

I'm talking about these: Terminal Stud.jpg

Only smaller to fit the terminals on the Kubota, ignition switch uses like 5 or 6, need one for the tach gauge, and for the light switch, plus for the starter switch.

This will be done right or as right as I can make it, (parts dependent).

Cheers
Samantha

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Samantha,
couldn't you flip the fan around, or find one from something else? Would surly be less complicated to adapt another fan then the mess we've all been discussing for the electric fan set up. If it's a steel riveted type fan, you could (possibly?) Drill the rivets out and flip the blades around as well. (Don't know what your working with) just some food for thought, sure seems like your well equipped to handle something like that.

South 40

Equipment
Nov 12, 2012
Bloomsdale, Mo. USA
Samantha,
couldn't you flip the fan around, or find one from something else? Would surly be less complicated to adapt another fan then the mess we've all been discussing for the electric fan set up. If it's a steel riveted type fan, you could (possibly?) Drill the rivets out and flip the blades around as well. (Don't know what your working with) just some food for thought, sure seems like your well equipped to handle something like that.
Diesel,

Yeah I have already thought about all that, but Thanks for the response, and idea, ya never know if I missed something, all ideas/suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

No I didn't have room for the factory fan, I think the new radiator is a bit thicker than the original.

That's the thing, I don't have any decent pictures of just how close everything is where I am stuffing other stuff, it's really tight, and I modified the idler shaft/roller we made for it yesterday to make room for the elect fan, but I did a test fit today and it still won't fit, so I will have to put it on the other side of the radiator and reverse it, just switch the wires.

Doncha just love a challenge?

Cheers
Samantha

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Diesel,

Yeah I have already thought about all that, but Thanks for the response, and idea, ya never know if I missed something, all ideas/suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

No I didn't have room for the factory fan, I think the new radiator is a bit thicker than the original.

That's the thing, I don't have any decent pictures of just how close everything is where I am stuffing other stuff, it's really tight, and I modified the idler shaft/roller we made for it yesterday to make room for the elect fan, but I did a test fit today and it still won't fit, so I will have to put it on the other side of the radiator and reverse it, just switch the wires.

Doncha just love a challenge?

Cheers
Samantha
Yep, I do quite love a challenge lol. Half the fun of a project.

Bluebert

Jul 6, 2016
Cliff, NM
Samantha,
I'm trying to find where I can find tires for my Kubota 1500DT. The old ones are 6.00 14's (front). I tried Kennedy with no luck. Thank you, Chris.

Last edited by a moderator:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

South 40

Equipment
Nov 12, 2012
Bloomsdale, Mo. USA
Samantha,
I'm trying to find where I can find tires for my Kubota 1500DT. The old ones are 6.00 14's (front). I tried Kennedy with no luck. Thank you, Chris.
Hey Chris,

Like I said I was giving information from notes left to me, but after thinking about it the front wheels are the ones he had made, and he did that so he could put the larger/wider tires on it.

I love the stance it has with the new tires, it doesn't look so skinny and unstable now.

It looks like The Wolf Man has ya covered though, :)

Cheers
Samantha