So many bad reviews on #896 LED bulbs

lunasdude

Equipment
Kubota BX1880, FEL, quick con pto, box bld, land plane, flail mower
Dec 22, 2018
Los Lunas, NM USA
WOWWWW, thats a ton of GREAT information!!! Thank you for all the effort you put into that!!! YES, it definitely helps many of us!!!
You are very welcome!
And you do have a point about LED lights in general and there longevity and craptasic build quality of some of them..
I have tried them in cars and have always been a bit disappointed with the result.
As far as my little BX beast, I guess because it's not mission critical and I have back ups for the Headlights and even a spot light in a tool box I feel safer using them?:confused:

Michigankubota

Equipment
B2650 Loader,LX 2980-64 Blower ,60”MMM , Land Pride 60”Box Blade.
Oct 17, 2018
Bessemer, Western U.P.
I just changed every bulb on the entire tractor to LED'S.

All came from AMAZON.

Red Tail Lights, makes a noticeable difference.
AUXITO 194 LED Bulbs 168 175 2825 W5W T10 24-SMD 3014 Chipsets 6000K White for Car Dome Map Door Courtesy License Plate Lights Pack of 2
$9.99

Link https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072JLWGQX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Orange Side Flashing / Hazard lights, makes a HUGE difference, you can see then much farther away!

ANTLINE Extremely Bright 1156 1141 1003 7506 BA15S 21-SMD 2835 Chipsets 1260 Lumens LED Bulb Replacement White for Car RV Interior Backup Reverse Brake Tail Turn Signal Lights Bulbs DRL (Pack of 4)
$16.99

Link https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P5ND9WF/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Head Lights, these are very bright, much brighter than stock and a white type of light.
Be careful of what you get because only some will fit.
The below links fit perfectly in the small housing.

KATUR 881 LED Fog Light Bulbs Extremely Bright 2400 Lumens Max 75W High Power LED for Daytime Running Light DRL or Fog Lights, Xenon White (881 White)

$15.99

Link https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KTVXYG3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope this helps!:D
My tail lights have a larger bulb than a 194. There is no number on them
Are your stock tail lights bulbs 194s?

lunasdude

Equipment
Dec 22, 2018
Los Lunas, NM USA
My tail lights have a larger bulb than a 194. There is no number on them
Are your stock tail lights bulbs 194s?
Just to be clear, The 194 bulbs go in the two red tail lights built in to the fenders.
If you are talking about the amber (Orange) mouse ear side blinking lights they are the bigger bulbs.

I Did not have a part number from the old bulbs.
These were the ones I ordered after I recognized the size and configuration from led lights I have put in my cars.
On My cars (Kia's) they are used for marker and running (parking) lights.
These were an exact fit and replacement on my 80 series.
If you have Amazon prime or a good parts store that will let you return bulbs pick up a couple to try out.

Michigankubota

Equipment
B2650 Loader,LX 2980-64 Blower ,60”MMM , Land Pride 60”Box Blade.
Oct 17, 2018
Bessemer, Western U.P.
Just to be clear, The 194 bulbs go in the two red tail lights built in to the fenders.
If you are talking about the amber (Orange) mouse ear side blinking lights they are the bigger bulbs.

I Did not have a part number from the old bulbs.
These were the ones I ordered after I recognized the size and configuration from led lights I have put in my cars.
On My cars (Kia's) they are used for marker and running (parking) lights.
These were an exact fit and replacement on my 80 series.
If you have Amazon prime or a good parts store that will let you return bulbs pick up a couple to try out.
Yes, the red tail lights. I’m guessing someone replaced them with something besides 194s.
Thanks again!

lunasdude

Equipment
Dec 22, 2018
Los Lunas, NM USA
Yes, the red tail lights. I’m guessing someone replaced them with something besides 194s.
Thanks again!
Your very welcome!
As long as the led lights are of the blade type and they fit in the socket, then there is room for bigger bulb in the housing.

Hope this helps!

lunasdude

Equipment
Dec 22, 2018
Los Lunas, NM USA
I’ll be dammed!:eek:
One of these bulbs is 1/4 in longer than the other one!
I always figured they would be somewhat standardized?:confused:
My bulb looks like the bigger one.
So if you housing is like mine, then you should have room for either bulb.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
went to look at those Katur in post #14
great SCAM...
in big bold print '75 watt'..... fine print 11 watts !!!
If they really ARE 75 watts each, they'll draw around 6 AMPS each..... and I really doubt that as there's not enough heatsinking to get rid of 70+ watts of energy.

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
I always thought the point of LED lights was "same output, more pleasing color, much less power draw." Alternately, if you opted for the same power draw as stock, you could get more light.

I just bought an MX6000 cab tractor, and I'd really like to replace every light with LED. Unfortunately, the MX headlights are not as good as the Grand L headlights. Grand L = 55/60w just like a car. MX uses 35/35w which is like a fog light. The front and rear factory work lights are also 35w each. I prefer to keep the factory housings. I'm not into light bars. Perhaps some small cube lights. Total draw is also a consideration, I only have the stock 60A alternator.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hi! Now many manufacturers of LED light bulbs are saving on production and creating low-quality goods that are then sold at an undervalued price.
Probably the same percentage as those making the crappy cheap ass incandescents my wife insists on buying. You know - the ones in the plain white cardboard box at the Dollar Tree. Life span of a June bug.

Dan

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
sad thing is I couldn't give away for free 45 , 16 watt CREE LED units. Listed for $249.99 each as 'high end dimmable track lighting' ( think ART Gallery use.....). I kept 4 or 6 of them as 'universal' wiring, AC,DC+,DC- they don't care...ANY 12 volts and they light up,draw about 1.5 amps.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
General non-tractor specific experiences using both halogen and LED:

Factory headlights are poor for any application. Mine only get used for driving on the roads so I don't irritate people with the LED's.

Floods work much better than spots. At 18MPH max you don't need to see 1/4 mile in front of the tractor. You need bright light near it.

Lights on ROPS attract bugs in Summer and create glare for me (eyeglass wearer).

Lights on ROPS and top of cab light up the hood very well, but don't provide good light for mowing. I usually have them on for general work and plowing snow, but turn off for mowing.

Lights mounted low on front work great for mowing by "raking" across the cut/uncut junction of the grass at a sharp angle. Lights shining down at the grass don't work as well. Usually turn these low mount lights off when using the loader or snow plow.

Side lights help a lot when watching turns at night.

A switch for each lighting position is handy to get the optimum benefit. "All on" isn't always the best.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
I buy my LEDs from a company called Headlight Revolution. You can call and talk to their tech guys and they will usually be able to give you some good advice. My truck LEDs operate on the CANBUS system that controls everything on the truck. They are the only place I have found that has the CANBUS LEDs (194, T10) for the interior lights. These lights have a dimming feature when they are being shutdown instead of instant off. My point is, HR tech support gave me the part number right bulbs and they have a great return policy if you aren’t satisfied.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Instead of changing bulbs why not just go with something after market in and led like these or even a light bar. Having a front blower on mine headights are pretty much useless.

https://www.amazon.ca/Light-Flood-Lights-Driving-Off-road/dp/B07CPMKG99/ref=sr_1_24?crid=1EP2MJP8T7S4J&keywords=led+lights+for+car&qid=1575033126&smid=A25WXBLHZK2IPB&sprefix=led+lights+,aps,211&sr=8-24
That’s what I did. There’s no point in having good front headlights that only illuminate the loader bucket.