So many bad reviews on #896 LED bulbs

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Those of you that changed out your BX headlight bulbs to LED`s, what brand are you having the best luck with, as far as:

1) Where you bought them

2) How much did you spend

3) What brand did you buy

4) Light color; 4500k 5000k 5500k 6000k 6500k

5) Did you buy the CREE bulbs

I`ve been doing some research on LED bulbs to replace the OEM #896 headlight bulbs. Everything i seem to look at within the reviews is just horrible.
Most complaints seem to be, one or both bulbs DOA, or they didnt last very long.

Tell me whats working for you...thank you :)

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
896 is interchangeable by a lot of different bulb names. I purchased this 881 set for $20 from amazon, I don't use the headlights much but they are a pretty good match to the Ridged flood lights. Around 5000k

Cougar Motor 881 LED Fog Light/DRL Bulbs - CREE 50W 5000K Bright White
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XK8C9SF/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_WQr4DbCDPHXAF

Thank you... those were actually one of the ones i was looking at to buy. Seems they have a slightly better review than some of the others i`ve looked in to.

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
I got these on Ebay for $10.50!
100W Cree LED Fog Driving Lights

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Everyone and their brother sell LED lights now. Problem is, lots of them are sub standard. I get all mine from SuperbrightLED's. You can easily see who made them, physical dimensions and what they fit. I've bought many from them with no failures and no 'white noise' either.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Thank you for posting the link leveraddict :)

FOLKS:
So here is the thing i find most about LED bulbs, and why some people complain about them, other than most are chinese made junk. This is just my opinion... i dont think 99% of the LED bulbs are designed to run inside halogen equipped light housings, therefore, complaints of them not being better than the original halogen is why i`m seeing poor reviews. LED`s dont project light very well in halogen type housings without the properly designed reflector designed SPECIFICALLY for an LED bulb. Most halogen reflectors aren`t positioned correctly for an LED bulb to project. Though the LED bulbs are bright to the eye, without the proper angled reflector, they wont put the lighting in the proper location when they light up. If you look at the angle of a halogen housed reflector, then compare it to a LED designed reflector, HUGE difference in the designed angle of halogen vs LED. The LED reflector is steeper, to capture the lighting. Here is a idea... go into a store, take for instance, a MAGLIGHT flashlight... one being a regular incandescent bulb model, and then set it up next to the MAGLIGHT that is a LED model. You`ll see a huge difference in the reflectors and where the bulb is placed within the reflector`s. Without the proper reflectors designed for the bulb intended, its always going to be a problem for some people.

Here are some copy/pasted reviews i find on average:

Not what i was looking for

Led just look good they are OK but they do not illuminate the road.(probably would be good like in a rural are but not in the city) Original halogens are way brighter than these led... IF YOU WANT LED BRIGHTER THAN YOUR REGULAR HALOGENS DON'T BUY THESE!

Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New | Sold by: ronda-carpart

Disappointed

Was impressed with price and shipping speed, however they are not even close to as bright as advertised. These are more like accent or marker brightness than they are fog lights. If you want led marker bulbs.. these are them.. need to see with them, not for you.

Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New | Sold by: ronda-carpart

Not recommended

The bulb does not shine out in front of my golf cart.
I purchased a set of LED lights bars to install on my cart to give me the light I need to drive at night.

Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New | Sold by: lizardleds

Junk

not nearly as bright as the 896 halogen ,already burned out first time I used them!

White light but very weak by far less than original

Weak white light difficult to see any distance

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
One possible alternative is an HID kit. There is an HID version of the 896 bulb. The upside to HID is that the bulb produces light more or less in the same manner as the original incandescent bulb, and so the reflector is useful. HIDs are also the modern cool white / bluish color, similar to LEDs. The downside is that they are more expensive and require wiring in a ballast.

I looked for LED versions of the H3 halogen bulb that came standard in the work lights of my cab Kubota. The LED versions had a lot of poor reviews, mostly that they were no brighter (or less bright) than the original. That's when I ended up doing an H3 HID kit...and the end result is great. Very bright light out ahead of the machine. Not something you'd want to run down the road with the glare, but great for driveway / yard / field work.

Just a thought.

lunasdude

Equipment
Kubota BX1880, FEL, quick con pto, box bld, land plane, flail mower
Dec 22, 2018
Los Lunas, NM USA
Those of you that changed out your BX headlight bulbs to LED`s, what brand are you having the best luck with, as far as:

1) Where you bought them

2) How much did you spend

3) What brand did you buy

4) Light color; 4500k 5000k 5500k 6000k 6500k

5) Did you buy the CREE bulbs

I`ve been doing some research on LED bulbs to replace the OEM #896 headlight bulbs. Everything i seem to look at within the reviews is just horrible.
Most complaints seem to be, one or both bulbs DOA, or they didnt last very long.

Tell me whats working for you...thank you :)

I just changed every bulb on the entire tractor to LED'S.

All came from AMAZON.

Red Tail Lights, makes a noticeable difference.
AUXITO 194 LED Bulbs 168 175 2825 W5W T10 24-SMD 3014 Chipsets 6000K White for Car Dome Map Door Courtesy License Plate Lights Pack of 2
$9.99

Link https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072JLWGQX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Orange Side Flashing / Hazard lights, makes a HUGE difference, you can see then much farther away!

ANTLINE Extremely Bright 1156 1141 1003 7506 BA15S 21-SMD 2835 Chipsets 1260 Lumens LED Bulb Replacement White for Car RV Interior Backup Reverse Brake Tail Turn Signal Lights Bulbs DRL (Pack of 4)
$16.99

Link https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P5ND9WF/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Head Lights, these are very bright, much brighter than stock and a white type of light.
Be careful of what you get because only some will fit.
The below links fit perfectly in the small housing.

KATUR 881 LED Fog Light Bulbs Extremely Bright 2400 Lumens Max 75W High Power LED for Daytime Running Light DRL or Fog Lights, Xenon White (881 White)

$15.99

Link https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KTVXYG3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope this helps!:D

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
I just changed every bulb on the entire tractor to LED'S.

All came from AMAZON.

Red Tail Lights, makes a noticeable difference.
AUXITO 194 LED Bulbs 168 175 2825 W5W T10 24-SMD 3014 Chipsets 6000K White for Car Dome Map Door Courtesy License Plate Lights Pack of 2
$9.99

Link https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072JLWGQX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Orange Side Flashing / Hazard lights, makes a HUGE difference, you can see then much farther away!

ANTLINE Extremely Bright 1156 1141 1003 7506 BA15S 21-SMD 2835 Chipsets 1260 Lumens LED Bulb Replacement White for Car RV Interior Backup Reverse Brake Tail Turn Signal Lights Bulbs DRL (Pack of 4)
$16.99

Link https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P5ND9WF/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Head Lights, these are very bright, much brighter than stock and a white type of light.
Be careful of what you get because only some will fit.
The below links fit perfectly in the small housing.

KATUR 881 LED Fog Light Bulbs Extremely Bright 2400 Lumens Max 75W High Power LED for Daytime Running Light DRL or Fog Lights, Xenon White (881 White)

$15.99

Link https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KTVXYG3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope this helps!:D
WOWWWW, thats a ton of GREAT information!!! Thank you for all the effort you put into that!!! YES, it definitely helps many of us!!!

Michigankubota

Equipment
B2650 Loader,LX 2980-64 Blower ,60”MMM , Land Pride 60”Box Blade.
Oct 17, 2018
Bessemer, Western U.P.
I think i might give these a shot... Thank you!
Not like its alot of money wasted if they don`t work out.

A lill off topic, I replaced all our lights in our camper with LEDs off eBay last spring to save the battery while camping off the grid. Everything in the camper works fine with the lights on. No interference with the TV or radio.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
A lill off topic, I replaced all our lights in our camper with LEDs off eBay last spring to save the battery while camping off the grid. Everything in the camper works fine with the lights on. No interference with the TV or radio.
Is there a charging source running while you`re using the LED`s...?