Snowflakes

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well if you think back, we were called hippies, and the ones before us were beatniks, and so on. There is always a lot of good that comes from each generation. The problem is that it only takes a couple of issues to color a whole generation. And like the man said bridges, I as well as so many others found this to be true after our time with Uncle Sam, going back to school to chase the American dream. Snowflake , hippie, beatnik, just words ,nothing more, and yet they can hide the wonders, that lay with in each person

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Snowflakes come in all age ranges, sizes and colors. Snowflakes don't just 'happen, they have to be indoctrinated to become snowflakes.

That indoctrination starts when they begin their formal education at the hands of liberal educators.

Not all become indoctrinated. Most succumb, but not all.

I'll leave it at that for you to ponder.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
If you want to see/hear the poster child for 'millenial', watch season 12 of Canada's Worst Driver, if not the whole series, the final episode ! Shot in Hamilton,Ontario, the host Andrew is passenger with Krystal doing the final test drive. Spoiler alert... I've watched it for 13 years and Andrew does somethng I never thought he would, and ther's been a LOT ( all ?) of bad drivers he's had to deal with.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Well if you think back, we were called hippies, and the ones before us were beatniks, and so on. There is always a lot of good that comes from each generation. The problem is that it only takes a couple of issues to color a whole genera
Generations before (me) survived the great depression, fought and won world wars, pioneered flight, went to the moon, they were brave and selfless... generations after this; made facebook, instagram

Last edited:

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
Snowflakes come in all age ranges, sizes and colors. Snowflakes don't just 'happen, they have to be indoctrinated to become snowflakes.

That indoctrination starts when they begin their formal education at the hands of liberal educators.

Not all become indoctrinated. Most succumb, but not all.

I'll leave it at that for you to ponder.
There is a great video on youtube... somewhere

It's Kevin Oleary (from shark tank) explaining why Trump will win again...

At one point the interviewer asks Kevin, "Should we be worried about all the young liberals in the country?"

Kevin says, NO, Not Worried at all.....

Everyone is a liberal when they are younger... Even myself.
BUT, when you grow up and realize what the world is and how it works, You quickly become conservative" :cool:

something... to that effect....
pretty funny, and true.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I get to interact with the younger set quite a bit (I usually have a crew of younger guys to handle the small square bales I run during hay season and I've asked them before if they vote or have ever considered voting and the answer is most often, NO.. In that respect, I don't see the younger set making much of a difference in the outcome of any election as most of the younger set (at least the ones I ask), do't vote and have no desire to.

They tend to view voting, not as a right, but a chore.

The younger set today are way more interested in cell phones and having a good time than participating in democratic process.

Speaking of cell phones, I really despise them. They have effectively alienayed people from each other. Everywhere I go, there is always someone tacking or texting on one. I need stock in a cell phone provider. Probably a winner investment wise.

I have one (cell phone) and a SAT phone too. I keep them turned off except when I need them to communicate. I don't text (especially when driving) and I don't want to either. You call me on my cell, chances are I won't answer anyway. It's turned off. Same with the SAT phone.

IMO, the worst invention of the modern age.... Cell phones.

SAT phones, not so much because one has to have deep pockets to use one. Airtime is metered on seconds of use and it's extremely expensive but unlike a cell phone, a SAT phone works anywhere, anytime. No need for cell towers. Works directly on communications satellites.

When it costs upwards of 2 bucks a minute for air time, you use it only when necessary.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I keep them turned off except when I need them to communicate.
We have more in common than I had thought! :D

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
We have more in common than I had thought! :D
Tractors too.. Here in John Deere country, Im considered odd. Around here everything is green. From lawnmowers to tractors. Even snowblowers. I think if JD sold chainsaws, there would be green ones.

I will say that cell phones do make it very convenient to communicate with but a life or death necessity. NO. We even have a landline yet. Most people around here don't.

I oftentime wonder what would happen if we had a communication disruption like an EMP attack that rendered all electronic devices useless. Talk about being in a tizzy, that would be it. No electronic communications anymore. Might not be a bad thing actually.

People would actually have to communicate with each other by talking to each other, what a concept. Do things like pay a bill with a check instead of 'online'. Endless possibilities.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
There is a great video on youtube... somewhere
It's Kevin Oleary (from shark tank) explaining why Trump will win again...
At one point the interviewer asks Kevin, "Should we be worried about all the young liberals in the country?"
Kevin says, NO, Not Worried at all.....
Everyone is a liberal when they are younger... Even myself.
BUT, when you grow up and realize what the world is and how it works, You quickly become conservative" :cool:
something... to that effect....
pretty funny, and true.
This one, I think:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I0Px2vISFw

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Interesting read. His thoughts would probably be very much different if he was at his local junior college, with students there for lesser reasons.

The author said, "Every single day I went to work with much better humans than myself. I was brought to a higher level of existence because the standards were high and one needed to earn their slot, their membership in the unit. This wasn’t a one-time deal. Every time you showed up for work, you needed to prove your worth."

If someone takes a general math class because it would be easier (and might get a better grade) then algebra or trig, they violate his need to be brought to a higher level of existence. Those, I'm guessing, are at the local JC.

"The other students looked like children to me. Hell, they are children, but when they speak, and some of them speak English as their second language, they sound like very well-spoken adults." These folks are not your every day, born in America kids on easy street. These youngsters were brought up learning, not playing computer games, dating, drinking....etc.

I have a friend from Mozambique. He grew up in an atmosphere of learning. He came to America and began with a double master's deg. He's now a physician's asst., buys truckloads of hospital supplies being sold for .10 on the dollar, and is setting up a hospital in his home country.

There is a BIG difference in how a youngster starts, what their goals are and what's expected of them by the people around them that determines where they end up.

What the "snowflake" is, is encouraged by out education system (no losers, every one gets a trophy) and hand outs by the government. They learn they don't have to do much to get by, and that becomes normal.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
The term snowflake to describe a younger generation of kids is pretty derogatory, and several of us, me included, have had some pretty negative things to say about this age group. This blog writer has a different perspective.
If the term snowflake offends their tender sensibilities , they need to grow some thick skin, balls, and grow up.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
If the term snowflake offends their tender sensibilities , they need to grow some thick skin, balls, and grow up.
Fat chance of that. When you are born with the silver spoon in your mouth, there is no impetus to advance or excell at anything other than being what you do best.... be a snowflake.

Seems to be a blizzard of snowflakes lately. Time to put the snowflake plow on the Kubota.....:rolleyes:

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
Speaking of cell phones, I really despise them. They have effectively alienayed people from each other. Everywhere I go, there is always someone tacking or texting on one. I need stock in a cell phone provider. Probably a winner investment wise.

I have one (cell phone) and a SAT phone too. I keep them turned off except when I need them to communicate. I don't text (especially when driving) and I don't want to either. You call me on my cell, chances are I won't answer anyway. It's turned off. Same with the SAT phone.

IMO, the worst invention of the modern age.... Cell phones.
I understand your point.

for me it's a love/Hate. I DO like the convenience of texting VS talking on the phone..... some folks just don't know how to get to the point and it's near impossible to end the damn phone call.

But I also hate that I love texting.... LOL !

At work it's a godsend... I take orders via text during the day and makes things very quick and efficient.

but for most businesses / generally speaking, texting and facebook and social (anti social) media is the BIGGEST waste of worker productivity.

look at any construction site, guys are standing around staring at the phone.
anywhere you go really.... It's an epidemic.

driving and texting? Don't get me started... You can see the world from the windows of a truck.
Nearly everyone is doing it. If not, it's sitting on their lap.

I really believe vehicles should have signal blockers as soon as the car moves.

But unfortunately car manufacturers are going the opposite direction... WiFi in the cars and built in web browsers on the dash. Tesla has a video screen bigger than my home PC.

I love the silly TV commercials where the TV anchors are preaching... "wait to text.. save a life"

meanwhile they are texting all the way home from work...

It's all horse sh*t.

Carl in France

Equipment
B1400, a box and a single blade plough!
Sep 4, 2019
Haute Pyrénées
Snow flakes here refer to any one of any age who is easily offended when there is no need to be. It is not an age thing at all.