SnowBlower side parts

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I saw this on an older B series snowblower and was wondering if there might be something similar for the later model snowblowers that are presently in production.
Unknown snowblower.jpg

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Thanks. I was thinking that the drift cutters were flat steel parts that bolted to the side of the snowblower and knocked the snow down, but were about 1" wide pieces of steel. I did find another picture today when looking at the http://snowblowerskids.com/ website. Are these what Kubota calls "drift cutters"? While we are having this discussion, does anyone have any opinions on the snowblower shoes as shown in this picture? thanks

Kubota-1.jpg

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
up here we call them blower wings.
a common thing.
lots of companies make them and they are somewhat universal fit.
works great on light or fluffy or small snow falls which we get alot of where I am.

Reactions: 1 user

number two

Equipment
B3030HSDC L2501HST
Mar 26, 2021
Northern Lower Michigan
Thanks. I was thinking that the drift cutters were flat steel parts that bolted to the side of the snowblower and knocked the snow down, but were about 1" wide pieces of steel. I did find another picture today when looking at the http://snowblowerskids.com/ website. Are these what Kubota calls "drift cutters"? While we are having this discussion, does anyone have any opinions on the snowblower shoes as shown in this picture? thanks

View attachment 91065
Yes,they are Kubota drift cutters!
I actually have seen that tractor,but that's a story for another day!

Michford

Equipment
2018 Kubota B2650HSDC
Aug 24, 2022
Michigan

View attachment 91065
I would think that the slotted adjustment of those shoes would allow the shoes to adjust themselves over time. The factory Kubota Shoes I have use a series of square holes rolled at a 45 degree angle and use a carraige head bolt. No way they will change height on their own.

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Based on the information in this thread, I ordered a set of BX5447 drift cutters and they arrived today. I got the part number from the Kubota online build-a-tractor listing. I now have 2 expensive flat bars that will mount to the BX2822, but it isn't what I was looking for. After doing a lot of searching, I found that they are "drift cutters" B2786 that fit the B2781 or B2782 snowblowers. Without having a picture of what that snowblower looks like I have no idea if it will fit the BX2822. I did check the cost ($159.00) on the Kubota build a tractor website and built a B series tractor with a BX2822 snowblower, and it did allow me to add the drift cutters to the snowblower package. I believe that this means that they are compatible. I would like to confirm this with someone that has one of these snowblowers with side wings. It adds 5" to the width of the snowblower, which will cover my tire tracks

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I would think looking up your snowblower at an 'online parts' website, they would show th eparts you mean and they'd have the part numbers and pricing ? I'll assume there's a left and a right part ?

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I have already looked up the parts, and that isn't the way to purchase an item like this. It would be like buying the snowblower one part at a time. It is sold as a complete kit and I just want to be certain that it will fit before I purchase it. It will make my life a lot easier.

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast

View attachment 91065
On the skid shoes.....

Kinda big, look almost 'universal' in application. Lots of adjustment, should work well. The whole setup is nice! (y)

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I picked up the drift cutters kit about a week ago and finally got around to installing them today since we are"supposed" to have a snow event on Friday. Didn't take much effort, just 2 half inch wrenches to tighten the four bolts. The top corner brackets in the box don't fit my snowblower, and I might rework them if I see a need for them. It gives my snowblower an additional 5 inches of clearing width and being as high as they are, it gives a good visual to see the ends of the snowblower.

MVC-014L.JPG
MVC-013L.JPG

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
I have a set of those on a B2781 snowblower. They worked good. The corner braces that you did not install add a lot of strength. If it was me I would try to find a way to install them or make some of your own to fit. It would not be a good thing to bend the side of that nice new blower if you catch the edge on something while snow blowing.

muttbarker

Equipment
Kubota L4060 HST, Snowblower, FEL, Rear Blade, 60" Grapple, 6' Bush Hog, Forks
Jan 24, 2022
Oakley, Utah
I have a L4060 with a 74" snowblower. Bought the Kubota drift cutters for it (model L2177). I have ¾" mile driveway and it used to take me three passes to blow it properly. Now with the side wings I can do it in two. Amazing the difference those extra couple of inches on each side make.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
I have a set of those on a B2781 snowblower. They worked good. The corner braces that you did not install add a lot of strength. If it was me I would try to find a way to install them or make some of your own to fit. It would not be a good thing to bend the side of that nice new blower if you catch the edge on something while snow blowing.
I very much agree, without bracing, it's just a accident waiting to happen.