Smartest $1.99 buy ever

gssixgun

Equipment
L3600, FEL, SnoBlower, Box Blade, Rear Blade, Forks, Cultivator, Plow
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
So 2 years ago I got this Magnetic LED light from Harbor Freight it was one of the coupons that you get in their mailer
I either paid $1.99 or it was free with purchase :)

I tucked it behind the seat stuck to the toolbox, and luckily never needed it until Friday morning
We got about 8" of snow overnight and then the Rain started at about 3 am, I was up at 4:30 am in the rain trying to Snowblow the road clear.

I was doing pretty good too after spraying Silicone in the chute and blower, right until I hit the spot where everyone toward the front of the road had driven out.

I popped a shear pin PDQ, well hell I grabbed the light and set about changing it.

I gotta say it really worked perfectly since everything on our tractors is metal I could stick it and adjust it to exactly where I needed the light.

The best part was I wasn't ever blocking the light, I could move it where ever I needed it

https://www.harborfreight.com/rotat...ht-63766.html?_br_psugg_q=magnetic+work+light

anyway just thought I would share an actual good buy :D

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Not the same thing, but my kids gave me a magnetic LED light thing many years ago for Christmas.

Still has original batteries in it. I stick it to my toolbox at home. Real handy for just such circumstances!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
HF has come a long way from disposa-tools to some good stuff. I swear by (not at) their Bauer line of 20 volt cordless tools among other things like the Icon torque wrenches.

They give away a free LED flash light with a magnetic base off and on too. Think we have about 10 of them at last count.

If you shop at HF and use discretion, you'll find some amazing deals and quality tools.

Still sell junk and smelly tarp straps however.:eek:

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
They are getting serious about trying to get the upper end items into the hands of serious mechanics. They now have a tool box that comes with a lifetime warranty to compete with Snap On. I asked if the slides were replaceable, and was told that they replace the entire box if the slides wear out. Don't know if it was an uneducated sales person that knew nothing about the new tool boxes, of it that is truly the facts. I know that Snap On will replace slides on boxes that are ancient. I just got new slides for a box that was date coded 1960! The price of the new Harbor Freight boxes wasn't inexpensive either, and they didn't have one in the store to look at. I will hold my judgment of them until I see one in person. Right now, I was told that it was a special order item only.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
So 2 years ago I got this Magnetic LED light from Harbor Freight it was one of the coupons that you get in their mailer
I either paid $1.99 or it was free with purchase :)

I tucked it behind the seat stuck to the toolbox, and luckily never needed it until Friday morning
We got about 8" of snow overnight and then the Rain started at about 3 am, I was up at 4:30 am in the rain trying to Snowblow the road clear.

I was doing pretty good too after spraying Silicone in the chute and blower, right until I hit the spot where everyone toward the front of the road had driven out.

I popped a shear pin PDQ, well hell I grabbed the light and set about changing it.

I gotta say it really worked perfectly since everything on our tractors is metal I could stick it and adjust it to exactly where I needed the light.

The best part was I wasn't ever blocking the light, I could move it where ever I needed it

https://www.harborfreight.com/rotat...ht-63766.html?_br_psugg_q=magnetic+work+light

anyway just thought I would share an actual good buy :D
I have several of those (and other freebies) from HF and keep them in various spots around the house and buildings.

For several years, I gave the free DMMs away as stocking stuffers.

SDT

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Keep in mind every time you guys buy HF stuff, you are not spending your money to help the US economy aside from the HF chain of stores and their low paid employees.

Buying anything from HF would be a last resort option for me. I'd rather pay more for something quality, from a brand with a good reputation, with a warranty that's likely to be honored and replacement parts available once the warranty is up. Preferably, something made in the USA.

We're all guilty of going for what's cheap from time to time, but just think in the back of your mind about what you're doing, when you're doing it.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Troverman, the sad thing is many of the parts one can get at NAPA, OReilly's, etc are no different then the product sold at Harbor Freight. When it comes to warranty, they just exchange it out with no questions asked.

I don't buy much from HF, but I get what I pay for. Not much made in the USA these days. There are names we recognize as good ole American products, but they sold out to China!

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Troverman, the sad thing is many of the parts one can get at NAPA, OReilly's, etc are no different then the product sold at Harbor Freight. When it comes to warranty, they just exchange it out with no questions asked.

I don't buy much from HF, but I get what I pay for. Not much made in the USA these days. There are names we recognize as good ole American products, but they sold out to China!
I'm well aware of this fact, and its a tremendous shame. And it goes beyond just hand tools and parts; even once-trusted quality name brand snow blowers and lawn mowers are now supplying you a garbage Chinese Honda-clone engine, with thinly stamped Chinese steel, and a big "Assembled in USA" sticker showing how patriotic they are because it was cheaper to assemble in the US than pay to ship fully built.