Skid Steer Quick Attach Pin Not Releasing

NorthernBaker

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Jan 4, 2024
Canada
Hello. This is my first post to the forum. I have a B2650 with a Skid Steer Quick Attach. I tried to release my snow pusher today and use my bucket. One pin released easily and perfectly. The other one would not budge. I thought maybe it was just frozen with a bit of ice so poured a little windshield fluid and then a hair dryer. Nothing. Tried WD40 and let it sit for a while. Again, would not release. Has anyone else ever encounter a similar issue and, if so, how did you solve the problem?
Thank you so much and warm regards,
Dean

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
The pin that won't easily release is probably in a slight bind and just more resistance to get it to release. Is the implement flat on the ground, so one side is tighter then the other?

Yank on that stuck lever a with a bit more force and it'll probably release.

Reactions: 1 user

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Maybe reconnect the easy side and try to get the hard side loose.

If that doesn’t work then perhaps move it to a different location and try again.

Reactions: 1 users

6869704x4

Equipment
L45TLB, 49 8N, 57 641, RTV-X1120D, Z422
Jun 29, 2011
SE, NM
I've had to use a hammer on mine a time or two

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
I sometimes have to put a long pipe on the locking handle to pop a stuck pin loose. As mentioned above, resetting the implement in a different position can help.

NorthernBaker

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Jan 4, 2024
Canada
I sometimes have to put a long pipe on the locking handle to pop a stuck pin loose. As mentioned above, resetting the implement in a different position can help.
Good afternoon everyone and profound thanks to each of you who replied with your suggestions. I tried the changing of the position as suggested with no luck either, unfortunately. I am suspecting that it might be suffering from a little corrosion after dropping by my dealer this morning and having a chat. I am going to try the hammer approach with a great deal of caution and restraint. If that is not successful, I will wait until the next maintenance interval of 300 hours and ask my dealer to address it. If the hammer method works, I will let you know with a huge “yippee!”. 😁
Thank you all, once again, and best wishes for your weekend.
Dean

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014
If the hammer method does not work and you wait until service to get it figured out be absolutely sure you get the other pin fully seated in position. A pin not doing it's job causes more work.

NorthernBaker

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Jan 4, 2024
Canada
If the hammer method does not work and you wait until service to get it figured out be absolutely sure you get the other pin fully seated in position. A pin not doing it's job causes more work.
Yes, absolutely. Safety is the highest priority. Thankfully, the working pin is moving and seating as smooth as silk which is why I was quite surprised when the stubborn one didn’t behave as expected. So much road salt used where I am, it is astonishing that anything still works after a couple of winters. Thanks again for your time and wise counsel!
Dean

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014
Do the pins have a grease fitting on the side? If so you might take it out and squirt some PB Blaster or similar solvent in there. Then lightly tap the pin so the vibrations move the solvent.

Alfred_2345

Equipment
L3901, LA525, BH77, SGC1060, RZ60, Box Blade, Z726XKW ZTM, RTV-X900
Jan 5, 2023
Northwest Arkansas
suffering from a little corrosion
Try some Kroil, PB Blaster or other penetrating oil. I don't really consider WD-40 in that class.
When using a penetrating oil, patience is needed. Lots of little taps to vibrate the oil into the joint and wait hours (or even a day) and try again with a good whack. If that doesn't do it start over.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Try some Kroil, PB Blaster or other penetrating oil. I don't really consider WD-40 in that class.
When using a penetrating oil, patience is needed. Lots of little taps to vibrate the oil into the joint and wait hours (or even a day) and try again with a good whack. If that doesn't do it start over.
KROIL.....is THE BEST !

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
There will be grease fittings-1-2 shots. I use 'rust-check' on all the movable parts. Also I loosened off the nuts on the linkage to be 'firm' not 'gorilla tight' or 'loosey goosey'.

DVR

Premium Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5400, L3560LE, L3301. KX033-4
May 8, 2020
Columbia, SC
My bet is on a slightly bent SSQA plate.
It's not uncommon

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I would try the pipe on the handle and lift it. The pipe will give you the leverage that you need, and being that it is releasing, it shouldn't bend anything. I don't like hammering on something to get it loose, possibly some light taps, but not blows that can do damage. A pipe will give you the control to watch what is happening as you lift the handle. Can't do that when you are hammering on something. Possibly a few good wraps on the bottom if you think it is rust. Most likely it is the plate slightly off-kilter.

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
I would try the pipe on the handle and lift it. The pipe will give you the leverage that you need, and being that it is releasing, it shouldn't bend anything. I don't like hammering on something to get it loose, possibly some light taps, but not blows that can do damage. A pipe will give you the control to watch what is happening as you lift the handle. Can't do that when you are hammering on something. Possibly a few good wraps on the bottom if you think it is rust. Most likely it is the plate slightly off-kilter.
I did suggest using the pipe and you do need to be careful as I did bend the handle the first time I tried it. I then used the pipe to approximately straighten it.