Skid steer grader blade attachment question?

IDKUBOTA

Equipment
L3800DT/FEL/BH77 and others
Dec 16, 2012
Latah County, ID
Greetings All,
I was pondering the idea of adding a skid steer grader attachment to a Kubota L 3800. Auction sites in the Pacific Northwest sometimes have a final price of $800 on these accessories that generally cost thousands of dollars. They are designed for continuous flow when attached to the skid steer. As I understand it, the device has hydraulics for side to side, tilt and raising/lowering. The hydraulics are activated electronically via a remote or hard wired to 3 toggle switches which would be activated from the operator seat.

My purpose for this would include plowing snow but also being able to use perform general fun grader blade dirt work. This could turn my little tractor into a beast if I can pull it off.

I have a backhoe and if I recall the discussion correctly it runs on a power beyond connection for continuous-flow. I have checked the Internet and have not found any specific articles about skid steer grader blade attachments and front end loaders. Is this actually a workable solution? I have a hydraulic heavy-duty skid steer blade which I use for plowing controlled by a third function valve. imagine... Ann L 3800 that looks and functions like a mini Road grader...

Advice is appreciated.

Cheers

Ray (IDK)

Attachments

Last edited:

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
You can make anything work if you are motivated enough

I don't think that long and heavy SSQA attachment will make you happy on your CUT.

For a while I ran my snowblower on the FEL. The one big negative for me was the blower stuck way out in front, so a little turn at the wheel made a big wide turn up front.

If you have an existing 3PH blade adding a set of gauge wheels will give you the same grader-blade effect but be easier for you to control and maneuver on your CUT.

If I was able to buy that grader blade cheap enough I'd probably reverse the blade and make/get a 3PH to SSQA adapter and run it off the back of my tractor.

Reactions: 1 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The side forces of that are going to twist the loader arms and brackets and very likely do some serious damage.
Your asking a whole lot of that tractor and loader.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
You also need to know what the GPM requirement is, my L3560 has 8.1GPM.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
gee, could be $200 worth of reusable steel in that shipping container !
So for $600 you get a road grader.....hmmmm
Hydraulics shouldn't be an issue(low volume needs..)
IF you have a loooooong straight driveway, bid and buy it.
If it doesn't work out , you get a SSQA plat, rear blade, 2 tires on rims, and a few hoses and cylinders for $600 !!!

Reactions: 1 user