Skid Plate

RobD70

Equipment
Kubota L3800 HST, Land Pride PR1672 Power Rake, Land Pride BB2572 Box Scraper
Feb 22, 2014
Marathon, WI
I have been doing some brush hog work at a local park. MOwing some brush and some I root out with my loader. I apparently hitmy fuel bowl with a stick as it was leaking, I turned it a ways and it kind of skipped, still leaked, then I turned it a little more after the skip, it stopped leaking. I had sticks pole up through by the foot plates and other areas to. Does anyone make a skid plate that would cover a good part of the belly of the tractor that could be added to protect parts like the fuel bowl, hydraulic lines, etc? I will have to take a look under the tractor and see what could be done to protect it. The lines from my 3rd function valve seems to hange down a bit, open to getting hooked and damaged. I will use some plastic zip ties to help hold them in place better but a shield would work better.

Rob

MHTRAPPER

Equipment
B 2320
Sep 7, 2014
Philly NY
It would be nice to see a brush hog that would mount to frontend loader arms you could take the bucket and install brush hog that way you are mowing before you run over it. I also would like the idea you could rise it up and set it down on the thick stuff instead of trying to plow through it with the tractor and tearing things up. I am surprised nobody has come out with this style yet, when they do I want a commission.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
MHTRAPPER, here's a sickle bar mower that would take less pump pressure.

The reason a front mount mower is not a everyday available implement for tractors is the hydraulic pumps are not big enough. And I'm sure liability is another issue. Folks would soon be trimming limbs head high, and when a blade fails there's big problems in River City!!

RobD70

Equipment
Kubota L3800 HST, Land Pride PR1672 Power Rake, Land Pride BB2572 Box Scraper
Feb 22, 2014
Marathon, WI
Here is what you need, I think. I do wonder if there is one available that can stay on while the mid-mount mower is attached. If I decide to make a quick "detour" while I have the mower deck on, I hat to think I am unprotected. I know, be smart not quick.

http://bxpanded.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=60

I have a L3800 but that would be something I would be interested in. I may crawl under the tractor and see if I can figure out something I can make at home here that would do the trick. I know I definately will find something to protect the fuel filter/cup. Thats out in the open and with time I am sure would get broke off. Almsoy happened already.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Old street signs work really well for brush guard skid plates,,,, just sayin:rolleyes:

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Old street signs work really well for brush guard skid plates,,,, just sayin:rolleyes:
How Old of signs, fresh off the post down the road, or do you have to wait for one to fall over.

JR4AL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5800
Sep 7, 2014
Jackson, AL, USA
Glad you posted this Rob. I bent the damper shock for the HST on mine this weekend. I pushed a bit of scrub over and backed out. Nothing crazy or too big just shaping up some deer patches. The bracket "protecting" the HST damper and brakes is the perfect size for a small limb/tree to jam in there and get good and stuck. I took a pole saw and got it out. HST pedal would not return to neutral. I took the tractor to my dealer and he did not have the damper in stock. He took one off a new tractor still in the crate and got me going in 30 minutes. That is service! There is also a hydraulic (I think) filter on the other side that is in a great place to get ripped off under similar conditions. Any ideas for a belly pan is much needed!