SideCar Flip ?

ehenry

Equipment
BX22, FEL, BH, 40" pto tiller, 42" Bushog Squealer, pto hole digger, B7300 w/60"
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
Is every thing ok with SC Flip? Haven't seen much from him here lately.

Hope he's alright.

ehenry

Equipment
BX22, FEL, BH, 40" pto tiller, 42" Bushog Squealer, pto hole digger, B7300 w/60"
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
Oh well....I hate it.

He had lots of knowledge and wisdom to impart upon us.

Maybe he'll make it back.......who knows...

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I met Flip years ago (fifteen years maybe), and visited his farm in Michigan once, and he my place here in PA.

Don't know what happened, and decided not to ask...

I do remember he and Wolfman bumped heads a while back about something...

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Interesting. Didn't much care for his posts but never thought he was out of bounds.
Really? The incessant nagging and badgering of members who were on his 'list' was getting pretty tired.

Cant think of a single thing he added to the community, other than "my xyz is bigger than yours" usually followed by some snide remark. Like a toxic mushroom. IMO& YMMV.

Reactions: 5 users

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Well said! Funny how people read one another.

Steve67

Equipment
B2601-fel, 60"mmm, 5' rear blade, balast box
Jan 20, 2017
St. Louis, mo.
Old Flip could run faster, jump higher, and out do you by two on anything you could own. He was a legent in his own mind, good riddens..

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Old Flip could run faster, jump higher, and out do you by two on anything you could own. He was a legent in his own mind, good riddens..

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Really? The incessant nagging and badgering of members who were on his 'list' was getting pretty tired.

Cant think of a single thing he added to the community, other than "my xyz is bigger than yours" usually followed by some snide remark. Like a toxic mushroom. IMO& YMMV.
Well I cannot dispute any of that, in fact I told him all of that several times--my painted garage floor topic as an example. But still I got a kick out his knowing more than everyone on here combined and how he would talk about his two tractors regardless of the topic or question.

Reactions: 1 user

ehenry

Equipment
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
Ya'll are sure right bout him "Honkin is Horn"!!!

I took his advice on an issue I was dealing with a while back and got a BINGO.

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
He didnt know the difference between a torque converter and a hydrostatic drive.

Told me everything I needed to know.

Reactions: 1 users

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
Every forum has that one guy that’s always reminding everyone that he is the smartest person he’s ever met. That’s the guy that always gets banned eventually.

Toyboy

Equipment
BX2230D - RCK60-22BX - BX5450
May 18, 2010
Hayward Wi
Some of you guys are brutal. Myself, I didn't have the problem you did. If I started reading one of his posts and didn't agree I moved on. Life is too short to hold grudges.

Reactions: 7 users

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Some of you guys are brutal. Myself, I didn't have the problem you did. If I started reading one of his posts and didn't agree I moved on. Life is too short to hold grudges.
I guess he never told you he wished you would die of covid like he did a few of us here.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
What good is an opinion forum if opinions are not allowed, or if free advice isn't paid for in full? I ran a BBS years ago, and it took a bit to realize it was me that volunteered for that abuse. I had the authority to ban anyone, and did at first if someone got my attention, but as time passed, I learned to let the school kids figure it out on the playground. If it was one person stirring up the defecation, he/she/it was usually drummed out by the general consensus, or learned to temper their big mouth BS to be more applicable to the subject at hand, or just remain quiet. My only duties as a Sysop after I saw the light was general maintenance of the system as files were uploaded and exchanged. I didn't worry about bullying. There's a pretty fine line between being bullied and getting one's panties in a wad.

Can't say I ever had a run-in with SCF, but typically, if I run across someone that thinks he knows more than me and doesn't mind telling me, then I usually consider the source and don't mind letting them be wrong if they don't care that they are. Hard to get me riled up until someone starts with name calling or finger pointing. Then I get a little postal, whether it's at me or someone that is genuinely trying to get an answer to a valid question. I've never had a problem with smart people. I've ALWAYS had a problem with smart a$$ people, unless I know for sure that what they say to me is just taking a good natured dig. I can be more self deprecating than anyone could ever dream to stoop to to hurt my feelings. Hurting my feelings is nigh on impossible. Pissing me off, not nearly so much, and I will stand my ground when pushed.

In Oz, they'd say someone like the descriptions of SCF that I've read "has tickets and is a legend in his own lunchbox". A slight twist of what we say here in "Murica". I think he was in the Penalty Box when I first joined. Not banished yet, just watching the game from the sidelines. If he genuinely had something to offer, then let him rant and ignore him until he gives the answer sought. I'm not sure that silencing an opinion is the right thing to do. I'd expound on that, but would likely wind up in the penalty box myself, considering the restrictions about political discussions.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
That's pretty much my approach as well. If I see something I don't care for, it's easy to scroll past it.

A post doesn't need to be offensive in any way for me to ignore it. I have trouble reading and comprehending posts that are all one big paragraph, and skip them unless the topic is one of real interest.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I”ve got strong opinions and sometimes feel overwhelmed by the need to express them. I’ve been “cautioned” by the Big Bad Wolf.... and frankly...deserved it. I’m a creator/moderator at an online discussion forum and I understand the tribulations of the moderator. The job requires that things be kept civil and respectful and on-topic. No personal attacks EVER! (Unfortunately, some participants seem to think that last doesn’t apply to THEM if they want to attack the moderator. Frankly, that’s the WORST thing you can do. The perp deserves some “time out”...and after 3 strikes... being banned.

I thought SCF was often disrespectful of others and braggadocios...and didn’t care for that... but he also had some solid solutions for some problems. His participation was over-all on the positive side despite his caustic attitude.

Whatever he did... I believe our moderator has good judgement and a good sense of fairness. It was probably best for the forums...and I’m sorry he can’t play well with others... but I don’t really miss him.

He did have health issues and perhaps that flavored his outlook. I sincerely hope he does well and is enjoying his life.

Reactions: 2 users