sick tractor:( error code 82 HST NG ?????? help!!!!

sidearm

Jul 10, 2013
Fennville, Michigan, USA
SICK L4240 :( error code 82 HST NG ?????? help!!!!

Hello orange tractor lovers I'm in need of some help. We've got a '09 4240 with around 350 hours on. The other day while using a box scraper with the engine hot the dash starts kicking this error out. (82) and the hst pedal stops working. After a trip to the local shop I've gotten a new swash plate sensor and installed(the old one didn't check out on the resistance test) the error code is still there with no change in the pedal. HELP!

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Take it to the dealer! I know not the response you wanted.
Or buy the full service manual and then you'll know what the code is.
Older Kubota's don't have a computer that has service codes and no one has posted the newer service codes. ;)
So be a pioneer and buy the manual and post the codes. :D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Might be a wiring, or corrosion issue in the plug to your sensor. A lot of them buggers will spit the code for the sensor if the voltage is off. Peal the rubber boot back and check the back sides of the quick connect if you can. Could be moisture, loose connection on a wire crimp,Terminal not locked in all the way, ect. Those computer controls can be finicky when it comes to the electrical.
You may have to work your way back from the sensor, checking the quick connects. It may not be at the device it self

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
What is the mode "K" they are talking about?

If that doesn't reset to a non code situation, poll a battery cable leave it off for a while and see if it resets the code! ;)

sidearm

Jul 10, 2013
Fennville, Michigan, USA
I couldn't figure out the K mode switch either. Pulled hair out for awhile and took all three sensors off checked and put back on and now everything seems to work!? Ghost in the machine? Not sure but I'm keeping a close eye on it for awhile.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
I couldn't figure out the K mode switch either. Pulled hair out for awhile and took all three sensors off checked and put back on and now everything seems to work!? Ghost in the machine? Not sure but I'm keeping a close eye on it for awhile.
Next time you can.... pull them again, clean all contacts and slather the contacts in dielectric grease.

bmotojoe

Equipment
2012 L4240HST LA854 LOADER
May 30, 2012
East of Seattle
I don't have the -3 service manual for my L4240-3 I have a earlier version of the workshop manual so the page numbers I provide may not reflect your manuals page numbers.

The HST model modes are A, B, C, D, H, I, J, K, L, M, N and can be entered through the Intellipanel screen on page 9-S20 of the WSM.
Details of modes can be found on page 9-S21.

A bit confusing, but I like what Kubota did here integrating all possible error codes into the system without the need of an external hand held scanner. Just hope at some point it doesn't lead me on a wild goose chase!

The WSM for any computer controlled tractor is a good investment in my opinion.