Shipping parts - UPS SurePost

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
Ordered a replacement alternator for my tractor. Took UPS two business days to get it from Georgia to Maine, not bad. :) It was turned over to the USPS to be delivered to me. The USPS sort facility is about ten, yes 10 miles from my house. It has been at/with in the USPS for 4 did i mention FOUR :eek:business days and is still not out for delivery. I could have crawled there and back in less time.

Have you ever wondered why the USPS is in financial trouble? The only thing sure in SurePost is that you can be sure it will take a ridiculous amount of time for them to deliver it to you!:mad: :mad:

No indication that it is out for delivery today.:mad:

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
UPS sure post and FEDEX smart post both do that, at least my P.O. only takes a day to transfer if from pallet to mailbox, still that day can seem like FOREVER when you need parts! :mad:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
All I know is several years ago I bought a 3 pound box of bees with a new queen, and it 2 weeks after the apiary sent them I got a call from the local PO for me to get it, and over half the bees were dead along with the queen.
All I got when I contacted Post Office main office was well we cant guarantee delivery of things like that. I filed a claim whit was never paid, but the apiary was kind enough to replace them when I told them what happened. He sent the next nuke FEDEX I got them 2 days later.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Just had an issue a few weeks ago with usps. Got an email confirmation that the materials were shipped for a class I was taking. Materials were scheduled to be delivered to work on a Tuesday. Would give me a week before the class started. That Friday they still hadn't arrived. Had to swing by the post office to get the package on Monday. Then had to drive 400 miles to the class :mad: Then spend that night trying to learn the material and do the prerequisites for the class :rolleyes:

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
For me anyways, FEDEX smart post is much worst than UPS sure post. Last week I got two orders from FEDEX smart post that took more than 2 weeks to get to me, after they were shipped, from Wisconsin. I ordered 3 items from Toronto Canada about 3 weeks ago and got them in 3 days - and that is going through customs!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Could be worse. A friend of mine gets a birthday card sent every year from a friend in Taiwan. The person sends the card out a couple weeks before my friends birthday. Card faithfully arrives six months later...... every year!!! :eek::rolleyes::D:p

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
Here the best part of package delivery is the local USPS. When a surepost or USPS package gets to this PO its delivered the next day. If it arrives before 6:00 a.m. it goes out the same day. When the postperson gets to our mailbox they used to take packages back to the PO that didn't fit in the box now they delivery to the house, 3/4 of a mile down a poor driveway. The driveway will be improved now that I have the means (BX2370). Small town PO trying to do its best. Lately the deliveries to the local PO from FEDEX and USPS have not been so good, I think Grayling has fallen off there maps.

Tomcat

Equipment
B7000 4WD, RS1(?) rototiller, Konik 125 ATV
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
I worked in mail processing for 2 1/2 years before transferring to plant maintenance. You wouldn't believe what goes on there! BTW, bee shipments and all other live critters got parked under the conveyor system until.......

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
I have to laugh. Amazon has a facility about 35 miles from me. When I order from them, it ships to Kentucky, then West Virginia, then Maryland and then to Richmond. Seriously, how can the transportation costs and all that handling be efficient. The items are UPS SmartPost. Richmond has a large UPS site. You'd think that the truck from Amazon would go there first and then distribute to trucks going to the four corners. Nope, they go to the facility in Kentucky.....:eek:

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
My local post office has a sign that says, "The Postal Service receives not one dollar of your tax money."

Gee... well then it sounds like a business that is so bad it needs to go OUT OF BUSINESS.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
My local post office has a sign that says, "The Postal Service receives not one dollar of your tax money."

Gee... well then it sounds like a business that is so bad it needs to go OUT OF BUSINESS.
CCR,

ever notice how a "new" post office looks like the Taj Mahal? I never have understood why a place that sorts paper needs to look like something from hollywood.....

no wonder the US post office is always raising rates, the rent on these buildings are out of this world.

The old country store that use to service mail was good enough for the day. Now they are built like fort knox! I get that they need to be secure and all the wonderful technological things ...but really ? Another governmental waste of funds.....imagine that !