Sad, Sad day

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I never served because of many people I respect and appreciate doing it for ME. I have no delusions about who or what they were protecting. I’m reminded of the gift given to me by one name in the middle of 65000 (Panel 1W), chiseled in black marble so that I will never forget. I am here because my father served, my cousins, and many other relatives and friends. I have provided support to my heroes and heroines in the service of my country in my job through contracts at military bases. Thank you all that have served. I can only want to be worthy of your sacrifice and noble gift, and hope that you find me deserving. I include those most recently killed in Afghanistan. Rest In Peace. I only hope this country wakes up and realizes what it has lost, and acts accordingly to restore the balance.

Reactions: 11 users

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
I read,

No one from the present administration was present at the arrival, here in the States, of those fallen in Afghanistan.

The sadness continues.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Here's a first hand report of what is happening.

Sent from a Buddy's son flying C17 in and out of Kabul…..his first hand experience, we are America? How is this possible!

Below is the text from my son flying C-17s into Kabul

"Wet trailers, no ac, no WiFi, 48c (118F), sitting on ramp for 10+hrs with all engines running till they start flaming out. Utter chaos. 10% of base works their ass off for 100% of the work. Refugees are passing out from heat stroke, babies born on jet, one bathroom for 450+ people, emergency is becoming part of everyone’s call sign, talks of AR past 26hr duty day, 32hr duty day now normal. Leadership here is incompetent to make a change. Now jets are breaking left and right. Rn we’ve sat at the jet 6hrs with no apu, huffer carts are breaking down, avionics overheat, afgh pax are being forced to floor load from otbh to ETAR. No seatbelts, minimal lav, hard floor covered with plastic tarps. Overall you can’t make this stuff up. No words to describe..."

REMEMBER: THIS IS ALL INTENTIONAL. Biden’s State department canceled Trumps pre-established exit planning back in March. Then he defied a pre-agreed exit date and extended that to 1 Oct, enraging the Taliban. This is ON PURPOSE.

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
Here's a first hand report of what is happening.

Sent from a Buddy's son flying C17 in and out of Kabul…..his first hand experience, we are America? How is this possible!

Below is the text from my son flying C-17s into Kabul

"Wet trailers, no ac, no WiFi, 48c (118F), sitting on ramp for 10+hrs with all engines running till they start flaming out. Utter chaos. 10% of base works their ass off for 100% of the work. Refugees are passing out from heat stroke, babies born on jet, one bathroom for 450+ people, emergency is becoming part of everyone’s call sign, talks of AR past 26hr duty day, 32hr duty day now normal. Leadership here is incompetent to make a change. Now jets are breaking left and right. Rn we’ve sat at the jet 6hrs with no apu, huffer carts are breaking down, avionics overheat, afgh pax are being forced to floor load from otbh to ETAR. No seatbelts, minimal lav, hard floor covered with plastic tarps. Overall you can’t make this stuff up. No words to describe..."

REMEMBER: THIS IS ALL INTENTIONAL. Biden’s State department canceled Trumps pre-established exit planning back in March. Then he defied a pre-agreed exit date and extended that to 1 Oct, enraging the Taliban. This is ON PURPOSE.
ON PURPOSE. it looks it. If it quacks like a duck....

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
What? 20 years wasn't enough for you? Wasted money and soldiers lives hasn't been enough? Go yourself ...
I would have gone, but age & med conditions would not allow.
Yes, there was tremendous waste, as there always is, because politicians never learn to let the military fight as they know it needs to be fought.

I have always thought there should be a program for us old guys to serve by covering a wall or perimeter, allowing the pros to do what they need to do. Hell, I'd even supply my own weapons.

Steppenwolfe

Equipment
Kubota L3301, MX5100, RTV 1140, ZD331, KX-71, MX5400
Dec 22, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
There was no reason to go; we could have sat back and used intel to bomb the bejesus out of them. Bush 2 rushed the US into a war we never should have engaged in.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
There was no reason to go; we could have sat back and used intel to bomb the bejesus out of them. Bush 2 rushed the US into a war we never should have engaged in.
You are wrong on two threads now. Great job.

Reactions: 3 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Jeez... Good thing I don't measure my self worth by your opinions...
Yep, you have complete confidence in your wrong opinions … that is clear. ;) It’s ok. We aren’t solving any world issues here on the “Kubota” forum.

Steppenwolfe

Equipment
Kubota L3301, MX5100, RTV 1140, ZD331, KX-71, MX5400
Dec 22, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
Yep, you have complete confidence in your wrong opinions … that is clear. ;) It’s ok. We aren’t solving any world issues here on the “Kubota” forum.
The important part here is, they are my opinions, not yours...