Sad, Sad day

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
Sad head hanging day for a Formerly Great Country. Long live the USA maybe a thing of the past.

Reactions: 2 users

ddavis83864

Equipment
Kubota Grand L6060
Mar 3, 2021
Put your head up!

Many of us are still Americans and always will be. Its the people and their hearts that make this country great. The hard work many of us put in to to the right things for the right reasons. Regardless of social status, religion, color or political affiliation the United States is not a material thing that can be instantly diminished by the poor choices or action of a few. Many of us get up everyday look at the red, white and blue and remind ourselves of who we are, what we stand for and all the great things we do and have done.

DO NOT let the media or politicians convince you as an American that you are less that you have ever been. Be proud that you are part of a nation that when disaster strikes or evil strikes that the entire planet watches for the shining red, white and blue to come over the horizon to help those without and defend those who cannot.

Be proud! Be strong! Be American!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Many of us are still Americans and always will be. Its the people and their hearts that make this country great. The hard work many of us put in to to the right things for the right reasons. Regardless of social status, religion, color or political affiliation the United States is not a material thing that can be instantly diminished by the poor choices or action of a few.
While I agree with what you say, the problem is that words "a few" can now be changed to "way too many."

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Once again, history repeats itself:

Very sad, and I fear just another in a long line of sad days to come.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
And getting more SAD!
BREAKING NEWS

KABUL AIRPORT ATTACK KILLS 60 AFGHANS, 12 US TROOPS

Two suicide bombers and gunmen attacked crowds of Afghans flocking to Kabul's airport. The dead include 11 Marines and one Navy medic.
This is certainly sad without question.

But it may just reinforce why we should get out of there ASAP...and leave nation building to others, or actually to no one else probably...Had we left ten years ago, how many of our soldiers would have been saved? Unfortunate situation, no doubt.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
And should be treated as such. But it won't be.

Reactions: 5 users

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
Hasn't the US been helping kill the Afghanis for about 20 years.
It's hard to know where the taliban starts, and the normal Afghan begins. From here.

I'm sure anyone that is there, knows.

Still a real botch, and it doesn't look like it's getting better. Getting drawn back in would be even more sadness.

• Dislike

Goz63

Equipment
Kubota L2501, LA525 loader, QH15,Land Pride RCR1860, BB2560, SGC0660, forks
Jun 19, 2021
Mississippi
Hasn't the US been helping kill the Afghanis for about 20 years.
I try not to get into politics on a fun sight but wtf?!? Yes dumb a$$. That’s what we’ve been doing. As someone who has served for over 23 years and is getting ready to retire just know I have fought and put my life on the line so idiots can say stupid stuff on the internet. Well done!

Reactions: 1 user

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
I try not to get into politics on a fun sight but wtf?!? Yes dumb a$$. That’s what we’ve been doing. As someone who has served for over 23 years and is getting ready to retire just know I have fought and put my life on the line so idiots can say stupid stuff on the internet. Well done!
I feel you have mis interpreted my words.

Who did you fight and placed your life on the line. My understanding, is the enemy are Afghanis also. Just "other" Afghanis.

Perhaps I have been mislead in that understanding. I only have Viet Nam as a point of reference. But that was long ago and best forgotten.

Goz63

Equipment
Kubota L2501, LA525 loader, QH15,Land Pride RCR1860, BB2560, SGC0660, forks
Jun 19, 2021
Mississippi

Who did you fight and placed your life on the line. My understanding, is the enemy are Afghanis also. Just "other" Afghanis.

Perhaps I have been mislead in that understanding. I only have Viet Nam as a point of reference. But that was long ago and best forgotten.
So if I have missinterped your words what did you mean then. As for who we fought I didn’t ask them when they were rocketing and mortaring us. If you are going back to the Viet Nam era as a point of reference our military was called “baby killers” again because of ignorance. If you are so ill informed after our military has been in the Middle East fighting terrorism for 20 years it might be best to keep quiet. On the day we lost 13 of my brothers your statement was beyond insulting.

ranger danger

Equipment
Kubota M6060, MEB 802A tactically quiet generator
Jun 11, 2017
East of Placerville Ca
So if I have missinterped your words what did you mean then. As for who we fought I didn’t ask them when they were rocketing and mortaring us. If you are going back to the Viet Nam era as a point of reference our military was called “baby killers” again because of ignorance. If you are so ill informed after our military has been in the Middle East fighting terrorism for 20 years it might be best to keep quiet. On the day we lost 13 of my brothers your statement was beyond insulting.

Thank God for Snake Eaters!!

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA

Did you serve in Viet Nam, or in any service at any time? It sounds to me like you are espousing what you may have seen from Walter Cronkite. You do not sound like someone that has served at all.

Reactions: 1 user

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I only have Viet Nam as a point of reference. But that was long ago and best forgotten.
And that attitude is a huge contributing factor to what we are seeing today.
Those who will not remember the past are bound to repeat it.

Reactions: 5 users

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I have question

if our equipment was left behind and now is in the hands of terrorists, did we also leave information along with the equipment that could be used against us? If so, is that an impeachable offense?

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I have question

if our equipment was left behind and now is in the hands of terrorists, did we also leave information along with the equipment that could be used against us? If so, is that an impeachable offense?
The answer to both of your questions is YES! There was some cryptographic gear that was captured. It is highly likely that some codes were compromised but the real professionals likely handled that quickly because it was not reported in the news. I say this with some authoritative experience. I have witnessed such happen in my former Army life.