Rubber Floor Mats Stink

Gsmittles

Equipment
B2601
Nov 1, 2022
Mesick michigan
I have a 2021 Kubota 2601, and although I love the tractor, I hate the cheap rubber floor mats that constantly get loose and slide around under my feet. I reached my limit with them yesterday and tore them out. I know others have had this problem. What did you do the solve the issue?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I have the BX (2013) and they had the cheap thin mats - never ripped, but I spent close to $100 on the thicker one and it does work better!

Not sure there is an aftermarket mat for your machine - someone will chime in and help I am sure.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I have a 2021 Kubota 2601, and although I love the tractor, I hate the cheap rubber floor mats that constantly get loose and slide around under my feet. I reached my limit with them yesterday and tore them out. I know others have had this problem. What did you do the solve the issue?
You have a new machine, so you may not appreciate my suggestion.
HERCULINER !....very similar to Rhino Liner, or Linex.
You can buy it at Lowe's, and apply it yourself.
Not as upscale looking as rubber mats, but very wear resistant.
Best of all: Water cannot collect underneath to cause rust!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I have the laser cut stall mats from Hawk67. They work really well and don't move. You might try giving him a shout or looking in the classified ads here. I don't know if he makes them for your tractor or not.

Gsmittles

Equipment
B2601
Nov 1, 2022
Mesick michigan
I ended up tossing the factory mat in the garbage and bought a roll of 80 grit friction tape and put that on. So far, so good. I've had it in rain and snow and it has stuck and I don't slip.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I thought I was the only one that hates those POS mats. I am going to Rhino liner the deck, I just havent gotten around to it. I have it in the truck bed and I am sold on the stuff

Sporto

Equipment
B2601-1, FDR1660, RTA1258, BB1560, LR1672, PFL1242, MK Martin Snow Blower
Mar 20, 2021
Manitoba Canada
You could do the shag Dusty but please no fluffy dice:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I thought I was the only one that hates those POS mats. I am going to Rhino liner the deck, I just havent gotten around to it. I have it in the truck bed and I am sold on the stuff
Herculiner is the same stuff, cheaper, and easy to do yourself!

Reactions: 1 user

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
My L didn’t come with mats, just the same paint on the deck of the operator station as the rest of the tractor. I thought that was kind of cheap looking and was planning to Rhino line it as I’m not enamored with the moisture retention and rust possibilities posed by mats on an open station machine. (BTW, @mcfarmall posted pics of his back then and it looked great.) But a few days before starting that project I parked the L behind the 1939 Farmall H as usual and got to thinking the Farmall hasn’t had anything but paint (or lack thereof due to wear) on the operator station deck since 1939 (way before I was born) and that never bothered me, so why was it bothering me on the L?

Granted the operator deck on the H is a rather heavy casting and the L deck is sheet metal. They both live inside when not working. Still, I never could answer my own question to my own satisfaction so part of the L operator station deck is orange. Part is bright steel polished by the dirt on our boots. Same as the deck on the H except the remaining paint on it is McCormick IH red.

Nothing wrong with protecting/coating the deck. Just another viewpoint…

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
One of the main reasons that I would have for putting a modern type of coating on the deck is to prevent slipping getting onto or off of the tractor. I have a rubber mat on the deck of my BX23S, and the cab bottom rail covers the mat and that rail is powder coated. Even though it is only about 2 1/2" wide and 18" long, it presents a slipping hazard when getting into or out of the cab. I have since added a grit type of tape material to it to reduce the likelihood of my slipping on it exiting the cab. I am not as nimble as I once was, and my bones and muscles are not what they were either, so everything that I can do to avert injury counts toward a longer life.

Reactions: 1 user

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
I don't recall having a problem with my rubber floor mat prior to this winter. The last two times that I've plowed, it has gotten all bunched up on the left side. Would be nice if it had retainer clips like car/truck floor mats to prevent that.

Last edited:

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
After I looked it over further, there are nubs to align with holes in the floor pan to keep the mat in place. Wondering if they just wore out over time and are now releasing when I turn to look back when reversing.

Last edited:

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I have the laser cut stall mats from Hawk67. They work really well and don't move. You might try giving him a shout or looking in the classified ads here. I don't know if he makes them for your tractor or not.
+1 Me too.

They are awesome (if he makes them for your model)

Showmedata

Equipment
LX3310
May 18, 2022
Boulder CO
After I looked it over further, there are nubs to align with holes in the floor pan to keep the mat in place. Wondering if they just wore out over time and are now releasing when I turn to look back when reversing.
My LX has only 20 hours on it, and the mats have been a problem since day 1. Those little rubber tits just aren't enough to keep the mat in place if you pivot your foot at all when getting on and off the tractor (which is awfully hard to not do since the cockpit is the size that it is).

I got mad a few weeks ago and put the contents of a tube of silicone caulk in between the mat and the steel deck, we'll see how long that holds.

Downeaster

Equipment
Kubota BX1880, loader, mower deck, and ballast
Oct 18, 2022
Waterford, Maine
As Per the Herculiner. i certainly wouldn't want to purchase an amount that would do my truck bed. I see they have spray 15 oz cans. Just curious if that would be enough, and is it as good as the normal Herculiner kit. Any links to Hawk67.