Rotary Mower Damage

Topper54

Equipment
B2650
Mar 19, 2018
Centerville Ohio ,USA
Rotary Mower model RCK60-30BA on 2650B. Let friend borrow and he managed to significantly damage Gauge wheel, holder and shaft. (See Picture) Beyond repair. Looking to see if anyone knows of used parts for this mower deck. I can purchase new, but pretty expensive.
Wheel Gauge and Holder.jpeg

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Seems to me the cost of repair/replacement should be your friend's worry and not yours...Around here the rule is your borrow it, you break it, you fix it...

Reactions: 9 users

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
I'd attempt what looks to be a fixable situation before spending for a replacement! (y)

Reactions: 1 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
We all make choices, then have to live with the outcomes. When we evaluate those outcomes and learn from them to make better choices in the future we are displaying "common sense". It's a learned quality that can also be gathered from others!

Motion

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5100HST/FEL
Aug 17, 2020
Mandeville Louisiana
In the first post I question using the word "friend'. He has more nerve than a bum tooth, bringing the mower back in that condition, not repairing it or at least paying for the repairs. "No good turn goes unpunished"

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Rotary Mower model RCK60-30BA on 2650B. Let friend borrow and he managed to significantly damage Gauge wheel, holder and shaft. (See Picture) Beyond repair. Looking to see if anyone knows of used parts for this mower deck. I can purchase new, but pretty expensive. View attachment 87361
That damage was caused by abuse.

Doubt that you will find used replacements.

Have a good welder/fabricator repair it and send bill to "friend."

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I loaned a friend my big 16ft dump trailer a month or so ago. It was in "like new" condition since I only haul firewood, gravel and general construction trash. When he returned it, the floor and sides had significant damage because he used it to pick up large boulders to repair a section of his boat ramp at his place on the river. It looks like the loader operator was dropping the boulders in the trailer from 6ft or more!

What annoys me is that he just bought a brand new 16ft dump trailer. He paid around $12k for it and it's not as good quality as my PJ but it's in pristine condition and he's done hauling boulders, so no doubt his trailer will remain pristine. Something just feels wrong in all of this.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Before they moved, a neighbor of mine called me to ask about borrowing my tractor / snowblower to clear his driveway. He has a tractor but explained he couldn't get it started.
I explained that I don't loan it out but would be very happy to come over and do it for him. He understood and I didn't mind the tractor time.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
A lot of heat, an anvil, heavy vice and a heavy hammer might get it close to original shape.

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
A lot of heat, an anvil, heavy vice and a heavy hammer might get it close to original shape.
That would be quite a lot of work. I'd cut off the bent/damaged steel and make up a new bracket using flat bar and weld it on.

Reactions: 1 user

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
I loaned a friend my big 16ft dump trailer a month or so ago. It was in "like new" condition since I only haul firewood, gravel and general construction trash. When he returned it, the floor and sides had significant damage because he used it to pick up large boulders to repair a section of his boat ramp at his place on the river. It looks like the loader operator was dropping the boulders in the trailer from 6ft or more!

What annoys me is that he just bought a brand new 16ft dump trailer. He paid around $12k for it and it's not as good quality as my PJ but it's in pristine condition and he's done hauling boulders, so no doubt his trailer will remain pristine. Something just feels wrong in all of this.
Your friend needs to be buying you a new trailer. Had a BIL years ago who used my best grain trailer { trailer had never hauled rock} to back haul rock in it. I had another older trailer I used for that purpose. It beat up my good trailer. He got to buy the trailer. I don't put up with that stuff from anyone. That was the last time a trailer was loaned out from this farm.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
If he did that much damage to the wheel, I suggest that you check the mower deck for additional damage, including the blades and spindles. There is a significant chance that there is a lot more damage than that which is easily seen. He might be owing you a new mower deck.

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
A Portapower hydraulic set will push the sides apart and a press will straighten up the forks. Weld the crack and it’s fixed. If you or a friend don’t have any of those things, take it to a local machine shop. Send your buddy the bill.

‘’I had to stop letting my brother in laws use my trailers and stuff because the stuff always came back damaged. Bent fenders, damaged floors, lost chains, blah blah blah. My wife loaned (without my knowledge) one of them my Stihl 660 and he ruined the bar and chain. Not a cheap fix. I don’t loan anything now. If it’s a friend, I will just go do it for them. It’s a lot cheaper.