Rops Question

avi8tor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800DT, BX2380, RTV X900
Mar 14, 2010
Cleveland, Alabama
I have a foldable rops with a canopy bolted on. When I traverse rough ground, the canopy "flops" back and forth. I noticed that there is a nut welded to the front side of the bracket where the rops folds down. Is there any problem inserting a bolt there to "sturdy" the top of the rops? I am assuming that the bolt thread is metric, what size would the bolt need to be? Or is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,
avi8tor

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I have a foldable rops with a canopy bolted on. When I traverse rough ground, the canopy "flops" back and forth. I noticed that there is a nut welded to the front side of the bracket where the rops folds down. Is there any problem inserting a bolt there to "sturdy" the top of the rops? I am assuming that the bolt thread is metric, what size would the bolt need to be? Or is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,
avi8tor
I have the folding ROPS as well, although I don't have a canopy.
A while ago I was searching the net for your exact concern since they do have a bit of play in them by design.

Look at these pictures. They are small and of a mower but they have what looks like a speacial bolt with knob in the location you mention.

Scott

avi8tor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 14, 2010
Cleveland, Alabama
That is exactly what I had in mind. I will check with my local dealer and see if something was left off or if they have them - thanks!!!

avi8tor

Will In Tx

Equipment
L3400 HST/FEL, Box Blade, RTV 900 Camo, ZD323 Zreo Turn Pro Mower + More
Mar 21, 2010
Rosharon, TX. USA
That is exactly what I had in mind. I will check with my local dealer and see if something was left off or if they have them - thanks!!!

avi8tor
And I thought (L3400 HST) mine was to come with them by the dealer but came with out so many things left out, zirtz to!

Hey what size is it Dust? Come on man, don't leave us in the dust, I mean dark
I know there MM, I will get the bolts thou
Will

avi8tor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 14, 2010
Cleveland, Alabama
Wow - didn't think of checking for missing zerks - need to give my tractor a thorough going over to see if anything else is missing!

Will In Tx

Equipment
L3400 HST/FEL, Box Blade, RTV 900 Camo, ZD323 Zreo Turn Pro Mower + More
Mar 21, 2010
Rosharon, TX. USA
Wow - didn't think of checking for missing zerks - need to give my tractor a thorough going over to see if anything else is missing!
Yeah, 3 all in back where the 3 point hitch is and ROPs is missing screws to.
RTV has 4 carter keys missing.
The ZD at this time but the ROPs has 2 missing screws that keep it still.
Will

These are dealership problems I feel. JMHO