Revieving b7100 after several years sitting

Roadsiderick

Equipment
Tractor possibly b7100
Jul 9, 2022
PLEASE go back and reread torches very well thought out and detailed post. Multiple times if you have to.

I've been working in and around all things electrical for a very long time and couldn't find a single fault in his text. Very well done !
Yes I have done everything he has said was a very good post . In process of buy new indecator cause it is so important to the starting process . Doesnt help much my plugs are bad as well . I think it was over ridden with a button and that fried them giving them to much power like he said so im waiting on that and in the mean time found out it has the wrong ignition . Thank you all for your knowlege and service manuals

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I have ordered a new glow plug regulator and glow plugs they looked to be bad . Wiring might be bad somewhere else cause the book says the oil light should come on when the key is in start and it doesn't. Is my ignition missing a wire . And what are these loose wires here . Thanks for all your help so far .
All the rusted parts is corrosion and the gray color of the terminals is also corrosion. Just use some Emory cloth to clean the wire terminals when replacing the switch and that will make it sure that the connections are made well there. Same at the indicator and glow plugs since you are replacing them also.

For the indicator lamp you can see if they work at all by hooking a fused (5 amp) wire from the battery positive to the lamp input and a ground wire also directly from the lamp wiring to the battery negative. Ask how if this isn’t clear

Roadsiderick

Equipment
Tractor possibly b7100
Jul 9, 2022
Thanks to all who helped me in getting the tractor running i made a video out of my efforts i thought you all might enjoy

Reactions: 2 users

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Loved your video. I can see the pride in getting it going, especially because it was your GrandPa's.
I hope you keep it always.

Cheers

Reactions: 1 user

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Well done sir! Nice to see it rise from the dead.

And thanks for the acknowledgements, but ultimately, it was all you doing the work.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
That is great that you got it running and it moves well.

I don’t recall any one recommending to fill radiator with water or to change the motor oil but now is the time for that sort of thing. You will need to change the transmission fluid also and grease it some before you use it to much.

But for now just bask in your success (and give your grandmother a big hug)

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
That was just awesome in more ways I can describe.

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
I like how this turned out for you, Congratulations!

Watched the video too!

Bill