Replacing stock headlight bulbs with LED

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Is that an ordinary PAR36 lamp?...or PAR46? Messicks website shows a measured 4” diameter.
Yes but the bezel is concave and the 3" ones fit nicely inside with room for the bracket and everything so they are more flush. If you cut that bezel out you could put a 4" round LED lamp inside and maybe a little piece of angle inside to bolt the bracket to.

MSG H

Equipment
L3901 HST RETIRED MIL.
Dec 20, 2020
VA
Also looking for reliable LED plug-and-play replacement bulbs for my L6060 and M9960, both of which use H4 type incandescents.

Anyone know of proven LED replacements?

B3350 is next and I think it takes common 1157s.

SDT

Reactions: 1 user

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
Also looking for reliable LED plug-and-play replacement bulbs for my L6060 and M9960, both of which use H4 type incandescents.

Anyone know of proven LED replacements?

B3350 is next and I think it takes common 1157s.

SDT
These look like winners but I don't know if they will fit inside your housings or not.

https://www.amazon.com/BEAMTECH-Headlight-8000Lumens-Extremely-Conversion/dp/B06XHD78DQ

I have these on my LX2610 and they should work for your B3350.

Last edited:

Bpathfinder

Equipment
L3901DT
Apr 18, 2021
Louisiana
These bulbs are the same ones that I have in my 2004 Honda 450 four wheeler for 3 year. I seen they had the same base and tried them in my tractor and they worked. So I ordered another pair for it and to my surprise they work on high and low beams as they should. Hope this helps and the price isn’t bad either.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
YEP! THOSE!

(I just ordered them and then saw your post...THANKS... and BTW, I apparently went thru this process last-year and then either failed to re-visit the discussion where this solution was offered...or mis-read the retailers’ offer thinking it was priced per each-lamp. The offer is actually for TWO bulbs, so not a bad offer price-wise.. My bad...)

Thanks again.
I also took as the price for one bulb..

anomad

Equipment
YM2310D
Jun 10, 2021
Western North Carolina
Super bright leds is my go to as someone posted a link above. I put LEDs in my 2601 and fond the housing was optimized for the incandescent factory bulbs. It uses regular 1156 bulbs. So the lights are brighter now but more of a flood beam, which is fine for now.
If I find myself needing to tractor in the dark frequently with the days are shorter I'll need something added up on the ROPS to see over whatever is working up front.

LloydWoodke

Jul 4, 2022
uk
Indeed 8000k is a very blue light that harms the vision of other drivers. It would be better to look at 4300k or 5000k. This is the color temperature with the highest light output. The 4300k has the most advantages and gives the best performance in bad weather conditions (such as snow, rain, or slush). About 5000K - it's pure white. I think it's the optimal solution regarding looks and beauty to light output ratio. You can look up some options on https://lightingandsupplies.com/larson-electronics/.

Last edited:

dan_m

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 9, 2020
Georgia
I don't know about tractor LED headlights but I have bought a few for my cars. I have bought 5 sets of LED bulbs. One, I manage to return did, not fit. Two, do not work right due to wrong due geometry/lack of adjustment. The other two I bought from these guys and those two sets are great in two different cars. If you want avoid a steep and costly learning curve on LED headlight bulbs, I would suggest to watch some of the videos of these guys, they know what they are talking about.

I looked into these guys for buying LED bulbs for my F150, opted not to go with them as everything they sold at the time I looked (not sure if still true today) were off-road use only. If you drive your tractor on road, something to consider.

Also, just because a LED bulb fits and is higher output, doesn't mean it's always better. Need a bulb that works well with the reflector as not all bulbs emit light in the same way. It's been a while since I did any bulb research so your mileage my vary.

Dan

bbxlr8

Equipment
L2501 w/R14s, LA525, BH77, SGC0660, CL 5' BB, CL PHD, WG24 + Ford 1210 60" mmm,
Mar 29, 2021
Eastern PA
I’m looking for led bulbs for the headlights on my L3130 any suggestions? Thanks

Check your spec's and the base etc and then get creative. They don't make it easy and some sellers on amazon take advantage of that. Here's what I found for 2021 model L They work great and do high/low (night & day!! :p)

PREVIOUS POST
They make it really difficult to find an interchange part number and I spent a lot of time researching it earlier this year after I got mine. It really frosts me how some people take advantage online and make up stuff for tremendous profit based on Kubota not providing an option or listing. It is all about finding the same base...

Here's what I found as a serious upgrade on a budget and it has worked beautifully for me since spring.
The Yamaha side by sides have the same base and many more options (H6 100W). Others besides this will work - pick your favorite...

I used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SX3FGV7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

MUCH brighter and work with low/high. Note: you HAVE to pay attention and get the clocking of the base right. If you get it wrong rotate 180' I am really happy with them and it delayed adding aux lights (which I still am going to do).

Should work for all newer L's and probably others.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I’m looking for led bulbs for the headlights on my L3130 any suggestions? Thanks
Parts diagram doesn't give much help. Neither does Messicks.

I'd be apt to take one out and take it to an Auto Store......see if you can find an LED match.

Screenshot 2023-03-02 190553.png
Screenshot 2023-03-02 190715.png

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Super bright leds is my go to as someone posted a link above. I put LEDs in my 2601 and fond the housing was optimized for the incandescent factory bulbs. It uses regular 1156 bulbs. So the lights are brighter now but more of a flood beam, which is fine for now.
If I find myself needing to tractor in the dark frequently with the days are shorter I'll need something added up on the ROPS to see over whatever is working up front.

That's what I ended up doing.

Even though the LED headlight bulbs were a great improvement over the OEM bulbs on my antiquated L2350DT, still not enough for any 'work'. So added an LED light bar to the ROPS.

Lights3.jpg

Lights3a.jpg

Lights3b.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

bbxlr8

Equipment
Mar 29, 2021
Eastern PA
I looked into these guys for buying LED bulbs for my F150, opted not to go with them as everything they sold at the time I looked (not sure if still true today) were off-road use only. If you drive your tractor on road, something to consider.

Also, just because a LED bulb fits and is higher output, doesn't mean it's always better. Need a bulb that works well with the reflector as not all bulbs emit light in the same way. It's been a while since I did any bulb research so your mileage my vary.

Dan
Hi Dan,

Absolutely on target - especially for Automotive applications. My thinking here was the delta in the power draw or heat was negligible (vs the older halogens for example).

Also, higher output may not be legal for road use (not a factor for me, and could use low anyway ;) )
MORE was better for me.

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Replaced stock incandescent with LED. Took a bunch of measurments off the headlight lens on the tractor and made note of the bulb socket configuration. Then... I just went looking for the temperature I felt best for my tractor... Bought a pair and the fit like a glove. WITH ONE HICCUP! The wiring polarity was backwards!

I switched leads in the wiring harness before the "Y" that went to each bulb. Worked like a charm!

Seeing as how I modified OEM wiring configuration... I made a note in two places for those who will follow me... One in the WSM and the other under the hood with a sharpie...

bbxlr8

Equipment
Mar 29, 2021
Eastern PA
Replaced stock incandescent with LED. Took a bunch of measurments off the headlight lens on the tractor and made note of the bulb socket configuration. Then... I just went looking for the temperature I felt best for my tractor... Bought a pair and the fit like a glove. WITH ONE HICCUP! The wiring polarity was backwards!

I switched leads in the wiring harness before the "Y" that went to each bulb. Worked like a charm!

Seeing as how I modified OEM wiring configuration... I made a note in two places for those who will follow me... One in the WSM and the other under the hood with a sharpie...

Hi Butch - FWIW This happened to me also and I was able to rotate the bulb 180' to get it to work

• Wow