Replacing speakers in M7060 with cab

243ackley

Oct 8, 2017
Birmingham Alabama
The speakers in my m7060 are about to go. Has anybody ever replaced their speakers with aftermarket units that are better?

I am not looking for Bose surround sound just something that is clear on the higher volumes you need to listen to pod casts/phone calls while running the machine.

thanks

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
I've never done anything with speakers in a tractor, but I am a techy who has dabbled for years in sound systems and speakers. A few months ago I installed a new Klipsch 5.2.2 Dolby Atmos surround system in my house. That was several thousand dollars I coulda put into a tractor implement :D But I like good sound. I would suspect that tractors use car/truck speakers. You just need the size, and then there are a boatload of options available to you. If you can provide some specifics on the size and the receiver that will be driving them. You may also take out the old ones and write down the ohm ratings and wattage. Just make sure you don't mix different ohm rating speakers, or install speakers with an ohm rating that is outside the range listed for the receiver powering them.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
You'll need to remove the roof to access the speakers. I think they are 8 ohm but once you pull the roof, you can check. The secure to the headliner from the outside so roof removal is mandatory. Someone posted on here a while back that 'Crutchfield' has speaker covers that cover the backside of the speakers and provide a better sound. Me, I don't care, I rarely have the radio on anyway. and my smart watch tells me when I have an incoming call.

I have to say, the OEM speakers are pretty chintzy.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
pull the cab roof.

Get the ohm rating from the head unit, then call crutchfield and tell 'em what you're doing. They'll set you up with good stuff or middle ground stuff or dirt cheap (like OEM) stuff, however you want.

While you got the roof off, consider lining it with some insulation. THere is some posts here referencing it. Helps the a/c work a little better.

GeraldVG

Equipment
M7060, 8' 3008 BushHog and fairly long list of older implements
The speakers in my m7060 are about to go. Has anybody ever replaced their speakers with aftermarket units that are better?

I am not looking for Bose surround sound just something that is clear on the higher volumes you need to listen to pod casts/phone calls while running the machine.

thanks
Being an ex-pilot with similar cabin noise issues, I think that active noise-cancelling earbuds/microphones connected to the radio by BlueTooth would work better and be kinder to your ears and long term hearing. I use them with my open station tractor now connected by BlueTooth to my cell phone.