Replacement headlights for B7100HST

Broncbob

Equipment
B7100HST-D
Jan 5, 2022
Utah
Has anyone found any suitable replacement headlights for a B7100HST, other than the stock headlights? I realize there is a limited amount of power available, and was hoping that someone has found a LED replacement. Mine are definitely shot, even after trying to clean up the housing, the reflectors have long ago given their last reflection.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Your choices are limited for sure.

You could send the inner parts out to be re-chromed in some fashion

You might be able to find used ones that are in a tractor junk yard - good luck!

Or many have simply pulled the old out, found an LED Round unit that can be modified to fit in the the hood. With some simple mod - a round LED light could be made to mount.

Not sure what the ID of the hole is but these lights would be a hellva place to begin!

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
This is what I did for my B7100, right before LEDs became common.
I found these on a clearance table at O'Rielly's (or Checker) a few years ago. They were cheap, and very bright. I glued a large o-ring (or maybe vacuum cleaner belt) to the front and made these new hold downs out of 1/8" aluminum. I know that is not much help, but maybe you can get some ideas from this.

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
A caut
Has anyone found any suitable replacement headlights for a B7100HST, other than the stock headlights? I realize there is a limited amount of power available, and was hoping that someone has found a LED replacement. Mine are definitely shot, even after trying to clean up the housing, the reflectors have long ago given their last reflection.
A caution, some of the early B's ran their headlights off AC power from the dynamo before it went through the rectifier.

LED lights connected to the headlight wires on these tractors will not work.

Easy to check if you have a multi meter.

A dynamo with 3 output wires can be another clue to AC headlights.

Odds are in your favour but it has happened to a few owners.

Dave

Broncbob

Equipment
B7100HST-D
Jan 5, 2022
Utah
A caut

A caution, some of the early B's ran their headlights off AC power from the dynamo before it went through the rectifier.

LED lights connected to the headlight wires on these tractors will not work.

Easy to check if you have a multi meter.

A dynamo with 3 output wires can be another clue to AC headlights.

Odds are in your favour but it has happened to a few owners.

Dave
The model I’m working with is a later than 1994 I believe. It has a 76xxx S/N, but thanks for the heads up, I’ll definitely check!

mattwithcats

Jun 17, 2017
Virginia
I would hang a light bar on the hood.

Power draw for the stock headlights was either 35 or 55 watts, I bet
And 80 lumans…

This is a flood, 36 watt, 4600 luman light bar…

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I installed a couple of 4" round LED assemblies in mine. The supply is 12vdc, so no concerns there. The output is unimpressive but that's good because they mostly light up the back of the FEL bucket anyway. Much better lighting is provided by the mini (6 LED) light bar I mounted near the cab roof. But they do serve to help be seen at night on the road and don't draw much power.

Reactions: 1 user