If you are planning a repaint, I would suggest doing a very careful decal taping job, and leave the decals where they are.
I have found that the best quality Kubota enamel match is made by Valspar (with hardener), and is sold on Amazon.Believe it or not Messicks has them but they're crazy expensive. I may try the heat gun and dental floss trick, but when I tried heat gun and razor blade (gently of course) in order to get the glue soft enough the emblem began melting so I stopped before ruining them. I went to trusty old Ebay and found these which I may try as they look pretty cool. I am only trying to make it look better and repair all the gouges and such in it. I bought the proper paint for it at Farm & Fleet, and the reducer and even a new gravity feed gun at Harbor Freight (on sale for $10). Anyway even though they're not OEM I think these will look sharp KUBOTA DIESEL POWER EMBLEM (B) SUPER SIZED SATIN | eBay
But, yeah I forgot I have used the dental floss trick on a number of different things even slicing soft cheese (I used new unwaxed of course )
These are not "decals" they're actual emblems stuck on. Originally prior to trying to remove them I assumed they were metal but after trying I realized they're plastic with metallic "look".Have had and owning several old tractors I typically take good pictures with a ruler for scale and go to the local decal shop. He has some amazing equipment for duplicating them. I have had very good luck doing this and it typically costs a fraction of dealer price and no worries about them not sticking using new old stock. Most recently I had him made some decals for my 1450 after being very disappointed with the aftermarket decal set I got off ebay.
Yep, I am planning to do something similar but with dental floss. My garage though currently is a bit crowded LOL. I have contractors at my house doing repairs and finishing another job from December.Not sure of the exact makeup of your emblem but if it's similar to an automobile type then I have used a heat gun and 30lb test fishing line. Go slow and "saw" through the glue/sticky.
As you saw, pull the fishing line past horizontal a little and towards the emblem. This prevents you from sawing into the painted hood/bonnet.
Course, you'll have more glue to clean up later, but that's a small price to pay for still having nice paint ;-)
Good luck !