Rehomeing a Black Lab

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
I guess this is as good a reason as any of why we need a regional section here on OTT.

I have a Male Black Labrador Retriever that my tenant left behind. He is about two years old and intact. He was a little under weight before we brought him home. But, just like anything/anybody else around here he's fattened up some. :p

We need to find a good home for him. We have three dogs or our own and can't keep him. Believe it or not I'm allergic to dogs. :rolleyes:

Anyway, he's full of energy. He'll jump straight up six feet. He was obviously more than the previous owner could handle and was just neglected.

My wife is currently working with him twice a day. Interacting, taking for walks, (pulls as I call them), just plain showing him some love. We let him loose in the barn and he'll come when you call him. He'll lay down for a belly rub. But the millisecond you stop he's up running around again. We have seen no aggression.

He'll make someone a good pet, but he needs that someone to give him the attention he needs and deserves.

Here's a picture before we brought him home. I'll post a couple more later if I can get him to stand still!

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Re: Black Lab

Sounds just like my yellow lab. Great pet but needs a lot of attention. I hope you find this feller a good home. Shame on the tenants for neglecting such a handsome dog.

Repair

Equipment
2017 L2501 - 2020 L2501
Apr 17, 2017
Lebanon, TN

We have 7 Labs, if you can't find him a home we will take him until we can find him one but we live near Nashville TN so we need to be the safety net. :)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

We do 100's of rescues a year, #1 thing to do is get him fixed, saves there from being another litter of un-homeable pets. ;)

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA

Thanks for the offer Repair. We may take you up on it. My sister in law lives in Chapel Hill. We are hoping for someone closer. Most if not all of the dog rescues are full up here and we have feelers out in four counties. We want a good home for him not a kill shelter. We will definitely keep you in mind.
Thank you for your generous offer.

Meanwhile here are a couple more pictures.

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
I thought I would give the thread a bump and update.

Still have Diesel here on the farm. My wife is still working with him twice a day. Taking him for walks and some interacting with our dogs.

(Repair, a PM may be in your future.)

Repair

Equipment
2017 L2501 - 2020 L2501
Apr 17, 2017
Lebanon, TN
I thought I would give the thread a bump and update.

Still have Diesel here on the farm. My wife is still working with him twice a day. Taking him for walks and some interacting with our dogs.

(Repair, a PM may be in your future.)
We are in Indianapolis every 5 or 6 weeks.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
If anyone is coming south toward Cincinnati for any reason that can bring part way... I'de be interested. Am located between Cincy and Dayton.

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
Sorry Coach all set up with Repair to go to a friend of his in Nashville next weekend. If something changes I'll keep you in mind.
Thank you for your offer.

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
Update.

Dropped off Diesel with Repair yesterday.

Looks like it is a great fit.

Thanks Repair we feel real good with the happy ending/new beginnings.

Don't forget to send a puppy picture!!!

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
One of my pet peaves is someone not being responsible for their animals. You guys are saints for taking the time and effort to give this dog a good life. They don't ask to be "owned" so it is up to us to do the right thing by them. Again bravo to you guys.