Rear wheel spacers on BX231

Daylight

Equipment
BX231, Ortolan T10
Feb 25, 2021
Last weekend I installed a set of Bro-tek 2" rear wheel spacers on the BX. Beautifully finished and they fit perfectly (fitting time was 20 minutes total for both sides).

I didn't have time to take the machine for a little spin, but it already looks a lot more stable, more confidence-inspiring.

Before and after images attached.

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
You will feel it instantly ONCE you butt is in the seat on a even a slightest hillside!
Excellent investment.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Last weekend I installed a set of Bro-tek 2" rear wheel spacers on the BX. Beautifully finished and they fit perfectly (fitting time was 20 minutes total for both sides).

I didn't have time to take the machine for a little spin, but it already looks a lot more stable, more confidence-inspiring.

Before and after images attached.
First I heard of a BX231. A search came up with a Kubota site in the UK showing a BX231. Is this model available in the US? Or are you located in the UK or?

Clicking on your location showed someplace in Western PA...

Daylight

Equipment
BX231, Ortolan T10
Feb 25, 2021
The BX231 is a model for the European market. AFAIK it is not available in the US, but don't ask me why.

Western PA? That's interesting: the tractor lives in southern Belgium (near Bastogne) and I am presently in Africa (Mali)...

First I heard of a BX231. A search came up with a Kubota site in the UK showing a BX231. Is this model available in the US? Or are you located in the UK or?

Daylight

Equipment
BX231, Ortolan T10
Feb 25, 2021
Thank you. That is exactly my intention: it just felt too "tippy" on my sometimes rather steep slopes. Not that I intend to become any less careful, but it will make me feel a bit more comfortable. The first try-out should take place in late May - early June, and will be duly reported upon here...

You will feel it instantly ONCE you butt is in the seat on a even a slightest hillside!
Excellent investment.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT

He is probably using a VPN, where you can pick exactly where you want it to show. I use Quebec Canada, because I like the French ad's...

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
The BX231 is a model for the European market. AFAIK it is not available in the US, but don't ask me why.

Western PA? That's interesting: the tractor lives in southern Belgium (near Bastogne) and I am presently in Africa (Mali)...
I live in Western PA, maybe it had something to do with my ISP location. I do use a VPN sometimes, but not on the iPad I was using to view the site at that time, I do not think.

Kubota tractors and Belgian beer are my favorites by the way...

Daylight

Equipment
BX231, Ortolan T10
Feb 25, 2021
I have no connection with Kubota (apart from the fact that the Mrs. is from Okinawa, if that counts for anything), but my dad is related to the owners of a brewery (that makes "Duvel") and the owner of one of Belgium's biggest breweries (Maes Pils) was a classmate of his. As for myself, a high school classmate of mine owns a brewery that exports 80% of its production... 🍻🍻🍻

I live in Western PA, maybe it had something to do with my ISP location. I do use a VPN sometimes, but not on the iPad I was using to view the site at that time, I do not think.
Kubota tractors and Belgian beer are my favorites by the way...

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I have no connection with Kubota (apart from the fact that the Mrs. is from Okinawa, if that counts for anything), but my dad is related to the owners of a brewery (that makes "Duvel") and the owner of one of Belgium's biggest breweries (Maes Pils) was a classmate of his. As for myself, a high school classmate of mine owns a brewery that exports 80% of its production... 🍻🍻🍻
We have something in common. My better half is from Osaka, Japan...although we met elsewhere when traveling outside Japan.

We do know someone that has the surname Kubota though...

Found a Piraat ale on sale recently that I have been enjoying...Trying to figure out the tractor connection...LOL...

Daylight

Equipment
BX231, Ortolan T10
Feb 25, 2021
Update: a couple of weeks ago, I finally managed to try the tractor with its new wheel spacers. The difference those two inches on each side make is truly remarkable: I don't have to mow up and down the slope anymore, but can go diagonally, saving me at least an hour and making me feel a lot more comfortable. Money well spent!

Reactions: 1 user