rear wheel lock problems

mpmitch1

Equipment
l3240 with 514 loader, forks, bush hog, disc, boom pole, FEL
May 24, 2012
madison
The lever on the floor for locking the rear wheels is extremely hard to press down. It has not always been this hard. Its basically so hard to push i lift my body up for leverage and the seat kill switch activates. Any ideas on adjusting or correcting?

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
I'm trying to quantify and remember how much force mine differential lock requires in comparison to what you describe.

Try looking for interference (sheet metal, floorboard, mat), something bent, maybe a return spring or lever, some debris or junk or mud or crud, clean all thoroughly, spray-lube completely, work repeatedly, look for rust.

Beyond that, it's internal and you have another can-o-worms.

Please post back and advise your continuing experiences so we may all learn.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
The lever on the floor for locking the rear wheels is extremely hard to press down. It has not always been this hard. Its basically so hard to push i lift my body up for leverage and the seat kill switch activates. Any ideas on adjusting or correcting?

I am with Stubbyie, check with the linkages ,
Sometime on my BX - which has a wimpy little lever, I feel like I am going to snap it off ! Sometimes I have to give it a "little" forward or rear movement with HST to make it engage.

Check that linkage - might be a stick or something jammed in there!

mpmitch1

Equipment
l3240 with 514 loader, forks, bush hog, disc, boom pole, FEL
May 24, 2012
madison
Thanks for the ideas. ...i can't get back to check on things till next week.