rear remote?

chuck172

Equipment
L3200, ford4500tlb, ford8n
Feb 12, 2014
honesdale, Pa.
I'll be ordering a L3200. I can of course add a rear remote. I know now would be the time to do it. But should I?
What would I use it for?
I do have to add a truck snowplow to the front, don't know for sure how I'm going to do it but I have an electric western uni-mount snowplow I want to use.
The remotes go for I think $750.00

Last edited:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
If you think you might use rear remotes at some point in time now would be the best time to add them. The prise can be figured in with the tractor and you won't even really notice the difference. If you don't need them I wouldn't get them. One less thing to worry about.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Are you going to use your 3pt hitch? Are you going to have any 3pt implements to do any grading? If the answer is yes to either of those questions, then you might want to get 1,2, or even 3 rear remotes. A lot of people that grade like to have a hydraulic top link. Some even get a hydraulic side link. If you end up with a rear blade, it sure is nice to be able to angle the blade using a hydraulic cylinder.

All things to think about. And if you do get the remotes, what kind of valves do you get? Std, ones with the float function, detent? If it were me, the first one you don't have a choice with, it is std, the 2 & 3rd can be float or detent. I would get the float.

Good luck with your decisions. Oh, after market is not that hard and costs about 40% less for multiple valves. ;)

The_Al

Equipment
L3540, Heavy duty FEL, 9' bachoe, Brush hog, 72" grappler
Jul 19, 2013
MA
I'll be ordering a L3200. I can of course add a rear remote. I know now would be the time to do it. But should I?
What would I use it for?
I do have to add a truck snowplow to the front, don't know for sure how I'm going to do it but I have an electric western uni-mount snowplow I want to use.
The remotes go for I think $750.00
Personally I would add it for both the front and the rear. The front is good for a grapple, and the rear for positioning for say a bottom plow

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It's so much easier to add the remotes new than later on in life, I would do 2 or 3 remotes on the rear as they super useful for top and tilt kits.:D

As for a loader remote, super good idea there too, especially for snow plow control or grapple control.;)

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
Absolutely! You will want them for any 3pt item. Also, I added them because when I got my backhoe...I did not get a hydraulic thumb (which is a must in my opinion) and wanted to add one. I added the thumb and simply use the rear remote to run the thumb.

If I could recommend anything...get the controls for at least two rams...three is great for trimming the box blade when you do driveway leveling/clean up.