Rear Cab LED Lights, LX2610 Cab

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I have a LX2610HSDC - Cab Model.

I want to install rear facing LED lights in the factory location on my cab. I don't much care if it's the factory LED lights, but plug and play would be good for the switch. All of my online searches produce no results. I've tried Messick's, and a few other websites to find a simple rear LED light 'kit'.
I did find something that I thought was it, through Messick's, but it was several parts. And several hundred dollars.

I can always buy some LED flood lights and install them thru a generic switch. But being that the tractor is new cutting and splicing is something I want to avoid.

Any tips, pointers, or parts numbers you might have would be great.

Last edited:

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
There have been a few posted here, but really, it's not complicated. Buy some floodlights, run your own power from the battery through a heavy-duty switch, and there you go.

I would NOT cut and splice any existing wires.

Code2medic

Equipment
L4060
Jul 8, 2022
Tn
There have been a few posted here, but really, it's not complicated. Buy some floodlights, run your own power from the battery through a heavy-duty switch, and there you go.

I would NOT cut and splice any existing wires.
why run his own power the wiring is already there remove the plug and put a water proof one on do the same on the after marker lights and now he can use the factory switch

Reactions: 1 users

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
I bought the factory dash switch.
I cut the plug off the end and used standard male/female connectors(waterproof type and heat shrink).
I also did this on the front lights, mine were not LED from the factory(B2650HSDC).

Now I can just use any aftermarket light in any position and use everyday connectors I have on hand.

I have used other types of waterproof connectors on other equipment projects and that is an option on these, too.

Reactions: 1 user

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I appreciate all of your responses.

I understand that the harness wires are already in the cab. I just need the factory "rear lights" switch for the dash which should plug right into a plug which is already under the dash. And a couple LED lights with mounting hardware/ brackets. Four waterproof connectors or find a plug that matches what is already on the cab if I don't buy the factory lights.

I suppose a visit to my Kubota dealer parts department will be my best solution.

Thank you

Code2medic

Equipment
L4060
Jul 8, 2022
Tn

I understand that the harness wires are already in the cab. I just need the factory "rear lights" switch for the dash which should plug right into a plug which is already under the dash. And a couple LED lights with mounting hardware/ brackets. Four waterproof connectors or find a plug that matches what is already on the cab if I don't buy the factory lights.

I suppose a visit to my Kubota dealer parts department will be my best solution.

Thank you
ok you can take 30 seconds and never leave your house and order the switch from messicks 😁 and any other items you may need. Because of shipping i like to make sure i order stuff needed down the road a couple filters or something

Reactions: 1 users

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I found this through backward part number research. I did a "Build your tractor " feature on the Kubota website.
Part Number: B7345
Screenshot_20220709-140258.png

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
I took the OEM front lights and put them on the back, then added an LED light bar to the front. Installed the light bar with new harness. Rears just plugged in the the existing rear harness. Had to make front and rear mounts for the lights. But had everything done in a couple days. More than enough light in the front, and only use the rears when backing into the garage in the winter when I have the front snowblower on. Wiring harness for the front had a switch included, used the front switch on the rear circuit, already wired in, and it was done. All in for less than $100.00
DF150FBB-6F75-4136-9923-6E5B0B5D0030.jpeg
35E4FE94-AEA9-4B4B-8EB5-44A3FFC3F8AD.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
@DeepWoods Great idea. I just ordered the rear light kit. Wanted to keep it close to factory because it's a new tractor.
But those LED light bars put out some serious light!

Used to be a Jeep Club guy and those guys would put on those light bars and turn the wilderness into daylight. I hated them because they blinded everyone else! Lol. Now that I'm living in the forest one of those would be perfect.

Thanks for the idea. It looks great too. Nice job.

Do you get any glare off of the hood?

Last edited:

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
No glare off the hood, but can’t see a thing in a snow storm😱. Every snow flake lights up to the point that it’s all you see. I use the front light bar during the daytime when I’m on the county road. I want to be as visible to oncoming traffic as I possibly can be. I also have the rear lights as well as the flashing lights on for the same reason.
2CDE5B99-F700-45DF-9E85-22276CC21316.jpeg
9BE2B8AC-BFA8-453C-86D6-8CAD765D72A3.jpeg

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
No glare off the hood, but can’t see a thing in a snow storm😱. Every snow flake lights up to the point that it’s all you see. I use the front light bar during the daytime when I’m on the county road. I want to be as visible to oncoming traffic as I possibly can be. I also have the rear lights as well as the flashing lights on for the same reason. View attachment 83309 View attachment 83310
ANY light mounted ABOVE your line of sight will do this!!!

I added extra lights to the blower chute, they rotate with the chute so I can verify where the snow goes( there are places I don't want it to go/hit).

For me, the front light position and new LEDs along with the LED upgraded headlights provide me enough light in the snow to see, and I enjoy the amount of lit up snow it provides, to not need additional lighting.

The rear LEDs are wide/spot combos to provide plenty of coverage, I use a rear blade, too.

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa

Thank you
Since the B2650, LX2610 predecessor, came out, many people have searched for OEM plugs and I do not know if anyone ever found them. I think there was a link, finally, to some.
You can search this forum for B2650 rear light threads, too.

Also, Messicks can be QUITE pricey shipping wise.

I think I bought my switch at the dealer or a "third" party Kubota OEM parts online seller.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Since the B2650, LX2610 predecessor, came out, many people have searched for OEM plugs and I do not know if anyone ever found them. I think there was a link, finally, to some.
You can search this forum for B2650 rear light threads, too.

Also, Messicks can be QUITE pricey shipping wise.

I think I bought my switch at the dealer or a "third" party Kubota OEM parts online seller.

Thank you. In my post #7 above, I listed the "rear light kit" part number. I ordered that kit and paid the price shown.

I do love all things Messick's, but they were a bit more expensive. So, I didn't buy from them, I'm not local to them. I bought from another K dealer online.

As for saving money by buying aftermarket rear lights and finding the right plug to match the factory harness: I'm sure there's electrical wholesalers out there that could research and find a plug. I can't imagine that the plug is a Kubota proprietary part. But I could be wrong.

Snowman7

Equipment
LX3310 535 loader, LX2980, RB2672, FDR1660
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
I am a little confused about additional lighting. I cannot imagine ever needing more light than the factory front and back LED work lights that came stock on my LX. I routinely blow snow in the evening and it is like daylight out there.

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
When I was ordering mine the salesman wanted to add led lighting not realizing the the recent brochure shows them now as standard equipment. It also shows that a tool box is standard in cab models. New LX's also have an indicator light showing if the parking brake is on.

redrussian1

Equipment
LX3310HSDC, LA535 FEL w/ mechanical self-leveler, LX2963 SB, Landpride BB1260
Feb 10, 2022
Minnesota
When I was ordering mine the salesman wanted to add led lighting not realizing the the recent brochure shows them now as standard equipment. It also shows that a tool box is standard in cab models. New LX's also have an indicator light showing if the parking brake is on.
Our lx3310 just delivered this afternoon. We were going to add on the rear cab lights because they were extra when we ordered our tractor at the end of February. Front cab lights were standard equipment though. Also, ours did not come with a toolbox but does have the p. brake light.

Bock

Equipment
L40/60
Oct 7, 2023
Eastern Oregon
I took the OEM front lights and put them on the back, then added an LED light bar to the front. Installed the light bar with new harness. Rears just plugged in the the existing rear harness. Had to make front and rear mounts for the lights. But had everything done in a couple days. More than enough light in the front, and only use the rears when backing into the garage in the winter when I have the front snowblower on. Wiring harness for the front had a switch included, used the front switch on the rear circuit, already wired in, and it was done. All in for less than $100.00 View attachment 83299 View attachment 83300
Looks Great! what length of light bar did you use?

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I am not impressed with the quality of the OEM Kubota LED lights. The ones that came with my factory cab failed within 2 years, and I rarely ever used them. The cost per light isn't worth buying a poor-quality product. Kubota purchases these lights, and if you were able to find the original source, you could probably buy them for half the price.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
I've been using these Maxxima floods for years. The last couple I bought were around $50 each, but that was around 2020. The 4240 has six - two in grille guard, two forward on cab and two facing back. Never failed and cast a lot of light: