Real World Worth

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I came across a S&W Mdl. 27-2, 6 inch nickel, with target sights, OEM box and paper work. And I would say it is at least 99%, it has been shot but theres no ring on the cylinder. I have been all over the weberlands and the numbers go from way low to AYFKM.
So anyone have some real idea what to offer to the family, I dont want to screw anyone over

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Guys I am almost in tears... I just got a call a bit ago,, and the young Lady asked if I wanted this piece, I said yes but the prices are about out of my reach.. She said thats why Im calling you. Dad said that you are the only one he knew that would love this gun like he did, and if you wanted it to come and get it. So I guess I now own a 27, but I hate to say it I really didnt want to get it this way.. I offered to pay the family for it, and she said no. Dad would be happy knowing you are shooting it.... Thanks old man, Ill think of him every time I do shoot it

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
Some firearms are just tools, some are a memory knowing it was held and sighted by a friend or loved one!

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
You just got paid for something nice you did for somebody, somewhere, sometime!

Hillbilly77

Jun 19, 2016
New York
Guys I am almost in tears... I just got a call a bit ago,, and the young Lady asked if I wanted this piece, I said yes but the prices are about out of my reach.. She said thats why Im calling you. Dad said that you are the only one he knew that would love this gun like he did, and if you wanted it to come and get it. So I guess I now own a 27, but I hate to say it I really didnt want to get it this way.. I offered to pay the family for it, and she said no. Dad would be happy knowing you are shooting it.... Thanks old man, Ill think of him every time I do shoot it
Outstanding. :cool:
I'm sure just knowing that your friend's revolver found the right home is payment enough. Contrary to the way the media portrays us, we gun owners are a sentimental and caring bunch.

Just in case you don't have any experience with nickel firearms, they say that some solvents & chemicals are bad for a nickel finish.
You may want to look into it to avoid damage. Ive never messed with nickel guns but Ive read a few threads about it here & there.

Just an FYI.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Good for you skeets, I had something similar happen to me. That is something you will cherish for a long time to come.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yep I think it will spend most of its time with me in the safe, and maybe the grand kids will enjoy it too,, Thanks hillbilly I did not know that

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Skeets, you must have one large safe....if you can fit in there comfortably....:D:D

But what I was going to say is what Yooper mentioned. You get what you sow, more than you sow, later than you sow. Just a principle of life.