Ready for the chicken wing shortage

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
It is, I used to collect and pump condensate from 4 -100,000 CFM , 100% outside air handlers, into the cooling towers in a facility I ran. It cut my water treatment and maintenance cost in the chiller cooling in half. No mineral's from the make-up water in the summer..... I got a raise out of too!
That's some LEED points there!

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
YUP, that was the Raise>>> BS, Corp HR Crap. Free thinking during the design was looked down a upon, Facilites will fix it.
At least you did it. I've got customers that don't want to spend the $$ to fix the gray water systems they have. So they use city water for tower make up and landscape watering. It's a 'capital expense' to fix. A 'operating expense' to use city water. Looks better for their shareholders I guess.
They are quick to fix the EV chargers that nobody uses though.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
My CPAP sleeping breathing device requires distilled water.
I have not been able to buy distilled water locally for 2+ months!
I have resorted to using "purified water", but it does contain minerals, which distilled water does not.
Time to build a still.

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
At least you did it. I've got customers that don't want to spend the $$ to fix the gray water systems they have. So they use city water for tower make up and landscape watering. It's a 'capital expense' to fix. A 'operating expense' to use city water. Looks better for their shareholders I guess.
They are quick to fix the EV chargers that nobody uses though.
Reminds me back at my old factory job we used paid for treated city drinking water to spray on the evaporative coolers and the used the run off water in the lawn sprinklers. Then the Ministry of the Environment came in and told us we can't do that any more because that water is now considered hazardous waste.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Reminds me back at my old factory job we used paid for treated city drinking water to spray on the evaporative coolers and the used the run off water in the lawn sprinklers. Then the Ministry of the Environment came in and told us we can't do that any more because that water is now considered hazardous waste.
I sorta can see that. There is the possibility of legionella in the water from tower water. That is normally only in wet sumps where the water is recirculating. One and done run off water it's extremely unlikely.
Did you ask the minister if you should just dump the toxic water down the drain? 😆

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Maybe you should collect the rainwater from the downspouts and have it sent to a hazardous waste processing plant.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Now we know why there is a shortage. 🤣

Vince1230

Equipment
Bx2370
May 13, 2022
Honey Grove,Pa
Now we know why there is a shortage. 🤣
Makes me imagine a back alley deal. Psst, hey buddy want a deal on some wings....

• Haha