RCK60-24B V-Belt Alternative?

Rusty46

Equipment
B7500 HSD-R, LA 302, RCK60-24B, Woods RB-72, Millcreek 25, Harrow, Payne PF800,
The v-belt on my RCK60-24B is getting close to needing replacement. The Kubota replacement K5763-34712 is $125.64 + 16.89 s/h from Messicks. My local dealer will probably be about the same price but without s/h.

Amazon Prime lists a D&D Power Drive belt for $34.67.

Would appreciate hearing about your experience with this or other non-oem v-belt on this deck. Anyone know if the K5763=34712 belt is Kevlar?

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I don't have that mower but VBeltGuys give great service and seemingly fair prices.

Edit: Looks like VBeltGuys Kevlar (aramid) Replacement Belt is just under $62

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: For the price difference, I would buy the one on Amazon.

actually, I'd buy TWO !! You're still saving money AND have a spare on hand !!

The Vbelts I buy from Princess Auto are made in India and have withstood a LOT of abuse as a 'rough rider' deck belt.

Gb540

Jan 9, 2021
Central US
Per gates.com this interchanges to a Gates 7103BR, so should be available from your choice of sources.

Would suggest avoiding anything that's "too cheap", esp. from the jungle place and their merchants.

pigdoc

Equipment
G1800S L2500
Aug 19, 2022
SE Pennsylvania
I have an aftermarket belt on my RC54-G20 deck. I'm very satisfied with its performance after a good 3 hours of use, but I think it is about an inch shorter than the original Kubota belt. I had to add a spacer on the tensioner spring to make up for the shorter length. No impact on functionality, just a bit of tweaking...

-Paul

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I got at least 1,000 mowing hours and 18 years out of the original belt on RCK60-22BX deck.

It was split down the middle into two belts but still working when I replaced it. I looked at alternatives but decided to go with the OEM KUBOTA belt.

The possibility of superior performance was worth the additional cost to me. Case by case decision for me.

Just rebuilt a spindle on my deck and used a cheaper bearing seal kit I got off eBay. And the fuel cut off solenoid I bought for 20% of the OEM price has worked flawlessly for a couple years now…I guess my point is there is no way to know how well something will perform until you try it. If the current belt fails in less than ten years I will certainly try a cheaper replacement.

Rusty46

Equipment
B7500 HSD-R, LA 302, RCK60-24B, Woods RB-72, Millcreek 25, Harrow, Payne PF800,
Thanks for the input everyone! I decided to try the Gates 7103BR from Amazon for $76.64 + sales tax delivered. I have been very satisfied with Gates Kevlar belts on my flair mower.

pigdoc

Equipment
G1800S L2500
Aug 19, 2022
SE Pennsylvania
Ya, when i got my G1800 with 1194 hours on it, half the mower spindle drive belt was just....gone.

I also rebuilt the deck with the widely available Chinese bearings, and I'm fairly confident I will regret that decision. They seem very noisy. Not a grinding, but a loud high-pitched whirr. I've played around with belt tension to minimize the side-load on them, but what I'm up against is that they're made from High Speed Steel, not bearing steel. I don't know how those two materials compare, I just know that HSS hacksaw blades ain't worth sh_t. For now, I'm just keeping an eye peeled for impending bearing failure.

Right now, with the mower belt tension I'm running, the PTO drive belts slip before the deck belt does when I engage the PTO cold. So, I guess that's next...

Next time I'm at Messick's, I'm going to have them pull some new deck bearings, to see who makes them. Originals are Koyo. The bearing is a stock size (6205), so every manufacturer makes them. Leaning towards Timken, but I have no idea how Koyo and Timken would compare... Anything but Chinese is my default at this point...

The Kubota bearings are currently about the same price as Timkens (~$15 each). Strangely, Timkens are currently more widely available in the UK than they are in the US.

-Paul