RB0560 or Countyline 5 ft blade for BX2380

magnum63

Equipment
bx 2380
Dec 29, 2019
NC
I'm looking for a road blade for a BX2380. The dealer showed me the Landpride RB0560.It seemed pretty light to me.I also looked at the Countyline 5 foot blade at the Tractor Supply store.The tractor supply blade is cheaper and a little heavier than the RB0560. It also is taller and I am wondering if the BX will have enough lift height.Anyone here have any thoughts or experience with either one.I know Landpride also makes a step up blade the RB1560 that is heavier but also steps up in price too.I will be using the QH05 quick hitch with the blade.Thanks for any info.

Steve67

Equipment
B2601-fel, 60"mmm, 5' rear blade, balast box
Jan 20, 2017
St. Louis, mo.
Don’t know about the quick hitch setup but when I had a bx2660 it did fine with the countyline 5’ blade, no clearance problem

Cfrazer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2670-1,FEL, BX5450, BBox, GS1548, RB1560, QH05, AI2 Forks, SS Curtis Cab
Jan 22, 2018
North Rose, NY, USA
I have a 2670 with QH-05 and RB1560 - with a short top link the blade is around 19" off the ground, with long top link not sure but would guess maybe 6". I only use it for snow removal so probably would have been fine with rb0560. I did install rear remotes with top link so i could adjust blade more easily.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
My only comment is, the Countyline (Tatar) nlade will be of lesser overall quality (of build) than the Landpride (Great Plains) will be. Heavier only counts in wear areas. Bracing and overall construction as well as jow the ripper shanks are adusted and how they attach to the frame is way more important.

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
I would make my decision on this on how much you plan to use the blade. If it will be just a piece you use sparingly, I would go with the TSC county line blade. If this is a piece you will be using extensively I would spend a bit more and go with the Land Pride. I bought the County Line 5' Box Blade back in May this year and it has been great. I do think county line's blades and box blades are really good items - even on tsc website the blade has a 4.7 / 5 rating with over 220 reviews. If it is built like their box blade it will hold up well. The gap in quality on their box blades is not much different at all form the land pride units. If you start looking at Mowers, tillers, or those items, I think the quality gap is much larger between land pride and county line because you get into gear boxes and moving parts. The only negative I could honestly even put on the box blade I got from Tractor Supply is the paint is a little chippy, but this is a very very tiny issue to me. All the welds on the unit look strong and well done. The blade has held up great. The frame and everything has been really solid.

RyanG

Equipment
2019 Kubota BX2380, 60"mmm, FEL. 2018 JD X390, 54"mmm (for sale)
Sep 17, 2019
Fleetwood
Ran the 6' county line version on my B3030 for years and never had issues. Heavy wet snow etc. it always did good. Blade was straight and the paint held up pretty well. For something like that I can't see spending big $$ on a blade. If you hit something hard enough to bend/break it I doubt any brand would hold up. I've hit cracks in my driveway where it would stop the tractor in an instant and never hurt the blade.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Had a Count Line (Tatar) box blaed and sold it recently. Sold it because of the way the ripper shanks locate and secure to the cross bar. Very poor design. The LP units is much better design.

Whatever you want but remember, the shank issue when you go to set the,. As with anything, you get what you pay for. Buy cheap, you get just that...cheap build and poorly thought out design.

Sure you could get a used one on CL for cheap as well. AQ quick 5 gallon finish and it would be good as new...

Steve67

Equipment
B2601-fel, 60"mmm, 5' rear blade, balast box
Jan 20, 2017
St. Louis, mo.
Op disregard my post I was referring to just a rear blade not a box blade, my bad..

magnum63

Equipment
bx 2380
Dec 29, 2019
NC
Op disregard my post I was referring to just a rear blade not a box blade, my bad..
You were correct it is a rear straight blade or road blade that I was asking about.I already have a Landpride BB1248 box blade that came with the tractor.

magnum63

Equipment
bx 2380
Dec 29, 2019
NC
Thanks for the info,all valid points to consider.We don't get much snow here in NC where I am.I guess it would just be used for gravel and loose dirt.I was just kinda concerned about loosing much lift since the countyline blade is a little taller.It is also about 50 pounds heavier and $150.00 cheaper.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I always ask about replacement parts availability. With LandPride, I would be inclined to believe that replacement parts will be more readily available than the Tractor Supply blade. I have a Tractor Supply trailer, and needed a replacement lens for the side marker light. I couldn't get it from Tractor Supply, and had to get it from the manufacturer.

GordonE

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 21, 2017
Carleton Place ont canada
Magnum63

I own a BX2380 and RB0560. I use the RB0560 for snow removal and grading on the driveway. In the spring after the driveway dries out it is somewhat hard and the RB0560 has trouble grading. I usually loosen up the gravel with a homemade multi pronged digger. After that it is easier to level with the RB0560 however it is not easy and you have to constantly adjust the 3 pt height up and down.

Most people seem to say the box blade is a better attachment for grading a driveway. I do not own one so do not know if that is true.

I have had not mechanical problems with my RB0560 and do use it with a cheap quick hitch purchased from Princess Auto.

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
My only comment is, the Countyline (Tatar) nlade will be of lesser overall quality (of build) than the Landpride (Great Plains) will be. Heavier only counts in wear areas. Bracing and overall construction as well as jow the ripper shanks are adusted and how they attach to the frame is way more important.
I don't think they rear blade will have ripper shanks on it, nor will it be beneficial to have them when plowing snow. :D

I have a 20+ year old TSC blade and while the frame doesn't look the strongest, it has served me well over the years without issue.

Howling

Equipment
BX2370
Feb 5, 2016
Ayer, MA
I have a BX2370 and the Countryline blade. No problems with lift height.

Change to a plastic cutting edge in the winter for snow removal.

Did notice the horizontal frame bar fills with rain water through the adjustment pin hole on top. I drilled a couple holes on the bottom to let the water out.

magnum63

Equipment
bx 2380
Dec 29, 2019
NC
Howling,that was my main concern, the lift height . The Countyline blade is a few inches taller at the lift pins than the Landpride RB0560.I did see that Landpride has the RB1560 which is a little bigger and heavier.The RB0560 looks pretty small compared to the Countyline and the Landpride RB1560.

Howling

Equipment
BX2370
Feb 5, 2016
Ayer, MA
You can adjust the lift height by the top link adjustment and which hole you connect it to.
in the snow.jpg

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
You can adjust the lift height by the top link adjustment and which hole you connect it to.
View attachment 46549
On my BX2200 I was able to drill a second set of holes in the 3PH lift rod bottoms, about an inch higher, so that I could get a bit more lift.

This enabled me to swing my 72" landscape rake back and forth as needed. Before that the rake end would hit the ground and swinging it around was impossible.

kskomro

Equipment
BX1880, Loader, Rear Blade 60", Carry all
Feb 25, 2014
Center of CT
I have the BX, I purchased the RB1560 with the machine. I felt it was very heavy. What i liked was that it extended plenty beyond the tractor. I traded it in quickly for the RB0548, Lighter and smaller. I'm not sure I'm real happy with the 48 either because It takes more to passes and a little harder since it is smaller and when angled it doesn't go past the wheels. If I was going to do it all over again, I would have done the RB0560. It would be lighter, but still have the width. Just my option based on my experience.