Rattle Can and Line-X

phildac

Equipment
1984 B8200E, L260F
Jul 29, 2009
Wentzville, MO
Just about done with the orange, have to wait till spring for the blue.
A few pics from when I first bought it, After a few upgrades, And how it sits today.

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Wow, looks sharp! Wanna do mine next?:D

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Great job!! Cleans up pretty nice - makes the tractor worth twice as much. What comes next?

phildac

Equipment
1984 B8200E, L260F
Jul 29, 2009
Wentzville, MO
Murky,

I see you found the thread. Thanks for the compliments!

I should have taken more pictures during the process. I had a buddy of mine bead blast all the sheet metal last fall except for the dash. I had the fenders, foot plates and battery box Line-X'd next, then painted the fenders, hood, side panels, rear cross support and grill. I used the paint from Rural King and red/brown Rustoleum primer. Wish I had done a third coat on everything like I did on the hood and dash, they came out real well. Prep is the biggest thing when painting. I did have to deal with a few small bugs here and there while I was letting the paint dry. The enamel paint really takes a while to skin over. As for time, It really didn't take that long to paint, but finding days that were warm this fall and not rainy when I had time on the weekends was the biggest challenge. Wish I had a heated workshop in addition to my non heated 3-car garage. Oh, and the over-spray is fairly heavy with that paint. I did use drop clothes but still had over-spray on a lot of things.

I'll post some more pics when it is finally done. Still need to reshape the other inner fender heal kick plate and then paint it, that's why I haven't installed them yet. I need to use it as a template to help reshape the one for the left side.

Also need to paint the rear tail light bezels and wire all the rear lights (tail, hazard,and work). I also had to make brackets for the new highback seat.

Not looking forward to stripping it all down this coming spring to paint the blue frame/gearbox and ROPS. Should look good after it's all done though.

I had the decals and paint purchased for a couple of years, but was dreading the stripping of the paint. When the offer to bead blast it came along, I didn't hesitate. Makes the metal a little rough so requires a coat or two more to get that glass look.

Last edited:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Sorry I am easily confused!

Did you paint orange on top of the Line X on the fenders? Or did you mean you painted some of the fender with Line X and other parts with the orange masking off the Line X part of the fender.

Under side of fenders orange or Line X?

It looks very nice.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Thanks - that is perfectly clear. Looks great.

I imagine the LineX on the foot boards helps with traction when it is wet.

Michbeck

Equipment
B1181, G23 HD
Sep 29, 2011
Austria, Upperaustria
Great work! Looks very nice!

The B8200 looks quite similar to my B1600 and I really would like to know if anybody knows if these machines have the same gear ratio. I would love to have such industrial tires on my tractor. Maybe anybody can help?

phildac

Equipment
1984 B8200E, L260F
Jul 29, 2009
Wentzville, MO
Front = 12x7 wheel / 23x8.5x12 tire
Rear = 16x10 wheel / 12.4x16 tire

Fronts are actually skid-steer tires I found on eBay and I bought new 1 piece wheels from Kubota.

The rears are R4's that I got from a Bobcat dealer who bought a bunch of equipment from a Kubota dealer that was going out of business. They were brand new take offs, still had the nubs when I got them. Picked them up on eBay for $331. Had to drive 550 miles round trip, but was well worth the price. No tax either.

Still have the pic from the eBay ad...

Last edited: