New Paint for B1600

Michbeck

Equipment
B1181, G23 HD
Sep 29, 2011
Austria, Upperaustria
As I always enjoy watching pictures of old equipment getting restored, I decided to open a thread of my own project.

I bought this B1600 in september 2011 and at the moment I am busy with the paint job. I removed hood, fenders, ROPS,...most of the things were sandblasted and afterwards coated with a 2 component epoxy primer. Hood, fenders, dashboard and some other things were also coated with filler and are waiting for sanding and painting.

On the attached pics you can see the tractor the way it looked in september and the way it looks at the moment.

Some smaller parts are already painted and reassembled (armrests, parts of the dashboard, selfmade seatadapter). I will keep pictures coming.

Attachments

Last edited:

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Great Job!! Looks like you are having fun....

Michbeck

Equipment
B1181, G23 HD
Sep 29, 2011
Austria, Upperaustria
Thank you! Yes I am having fun. :D If the weather is fine tomorrow, it will become blue again. :)

Then the wheels will get new paint and afterwards I can start reassembling.

gurn

Equipment
Kubota L175
Apr 15, 2011
Nashville,Tn
Good looking machine you got there Michbeck. I bet it's real useful being 4x4, wish I had that one. It's gonna be purdy when it all done. Nice job!

lreops

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3400DT W/ LA463 FEL and L235DT W/ BF400 Loader
Dec 26, 2011
Rising Sun, Maryland

Wow, great work. If I did all that with mine, I'd have to buy another tractor because I'd be afraid to take that one out and possibility mess something up.

Really looking forward to see the finished product.

Ron

Michbeck

Equipment
B1181, G23 HD
Sep 29, 2011
Austria, Upperaustria
Thanks for the compliments!

I must admit that the painting is not perfect, but I had an accident 3 months ago and nearly lost my right eye. I still have no lens in it and so I had to do all the work "one-eyed" - but for that I think it is ok ;)

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Thanks for the compliments!

I must admit that the painting is not perfect, but I had an accident 3 months ago and nearly lost my right eye. I still have no lens in it and so I had to do all the work "one-eyed" - but for that I think it is ok ;)
Beautiful work! Not sure I could do as well "two-eyed".
Maybe some day I'll have the time & resources to do something like that.... for now mine has to be a kinda scruffy working tractor.