R1 tires vs R4

Turfturd

Equipment
B7510
May 20, 2021
Missouri
I have been doing a lot of loader work with my Kubota B7510.
My concern is, I bought R1 (or as I know em as agg. tires) for it and the max pressure says 22psi. Well the front tires sag/squat very bad at that pressure.
I am considering replacing them with some R4’s for more sidewall strength.
Does anyone have any suggestions/advice or thoughts. Thanks for any help.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Tires and rims are pretty expensive.

You might be able to get a higher rated R1. But, I'd look at what the upgraded R4s load is. It might not be that much more.

From what I understand, Kubota usually sizes the tires for what the loader is supposed to handle, so that might be a consideration as well. That is, you may find higher capacity tires lead to a front end/loader failure.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
In the meantime, what kind and how much ballast do you have on the rear? Ballast behind the rear axle moves weight from the front tires to the rear.

Reactions: 1 users

number two

Equipment
B3030HSDC L2501HST
Mar 26, 2021
Northern Lower Michigan
Kubota has had tire/wheel combos from WholeGoods(dealer salesman) at reasonable prices.
Anybody checked on them lately?
Used to be at set of 4 BX combos was about $400.
Merry Xmas!

Turfturd

Equipment
B7510
May 20, 2021
Missouri
In the meantime, what kind and how much ballast do you have on the rear? Ballast behind the rear axle moves weight from the front tires to the rear.
I have a total of 300 lbs of wheel weights on the rear and I have a box blade attached during loader operation. Thanks for the reply.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I have a total of 300 lbs of wheel weights on the rear and I have a box blade attached during loader operation. Thanks for the reply.
I don't think wheel weights take any weight off the front axle. They just keep the rear axle on the ground longer.

To offset weight felt by the front axle, you need weight BEHIND the rear axle. Your wheel weights do nothing to help the current situation, in my understanding anyway....The box blade certainly helps. Additional weight behind the rear axle would help too...

Is most of your loader work on a hard surface or soft ground? R4s might be better on a hard surface. But they suck when in mud...everything is a compromise it seems.

Reactions: 1 user

Turfturd

Equipment
B7510
May 20, 2021
Missouri
I don't think wheel weights take any weight off the front axle. They just keep the rear axle on the ground longer.

To offset weight felt by the front axle, you need weight BEHIND the rear axle. Your wheel weights do nothing to help the current situation, in my understanding anyway....The box blade certainly helps. Additional weight behind the rear axle would help too...

Is most of your loader work on a hard surface or soft ground? R4s might be better on a hard surface. But they suck when in mud...everything is a compromise it seems.
The wheel weights helped a bunch with stability on slopes. I also have a set of forks that I use to move stuff around. I do use it mostly on hard pavement but some dirt/mud work.