Quick attach

Mitjam

Equipment
M-108, M6-111, Lx3310
Jan 14, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Does anybody know if any manufacter makes quick attach adapters for the Fel on theKubota bx 25? If so would appreciate the brand name. Thanks

Last edited:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I realize that was on a bx and won't be lifting 10 tons but what are those forks made out of, sheet metal? Either those guys were undercover body builders or that stuff is really light weight.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I think he was taking about a Front End Loader
My bad I didnt see where he said fel!

I realize that was on a bx and won't be lifting 10 tons but what are those forks made out of, sheet metal? Either those guys were undercover body builders or that stuff is really light weight.
I'm a firm believe in you get what you pay for. If they could fling that bucket on as easily as they did then it can't be but so durable.

dmanlyr

Equipment
L3200, Hustler Super Z
May 30, 2012
Graham, WA
Well with the very limited lifting capability of the BX loader, everything needs to be built light, and in no way heavy duty, but just strong enough to get the job done. Sheet metal forks certainly make sense in this case due to the limited lifting.

No reason to build a set of forks that could lift even a 1000 lbs if all the loader can lift is about 600 lbs, and worse, why build a set of heavy duty forks that weight so much more than a light set that you have no actual loader capacity left? IE a set of 100lb forks verses a 400lb set! With the light set you can lift 500lbs, with the heavy set, what 200 lbs?

I am facing much the same with my L3200. I want a 4 in 1 bucket, but I have to get the light duty bucket to still have enough capacity left to actually pick something up other than the bucket!

Just food for thought... David

magicheater

Equipment
B26, B7800, Auto Tach-N-Go
Well with the very limited lifting capability of the BX loader, everything needs to be built light, and in no way heavy duty, but just strong enough to get the job done. Sheet metal forks certainly make sense in this case due to the limited lifting.

No reason to build a set of forks that could lift even a 1000 lbs if all the loader can lift is about 600 lbs, and worse, why build a set of heavy duty forks that weight so much more than a light set that you have no actual loader capacity left? IE a set of 100lb forks verses a 400lb set! With the light set you can lift 500lbs, with the heavy set, what 200 lbs?

I am facing much the same with my L3200. I want a 4 in 1 bucket, but I have to get the light duty bucket to still have enough capacity left to actually pick something up other than the bucket!

Just food for thought... David
My thoughts exactly...Here is a set I designed and built out of mostly 1/4" steel, they weigh in at just over 100 lbs. and I have lifted close to 1000 lbs. with them.

Attachments