quick attach buckets

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
No, if they were not as deep- he would have been fine. The only reason they're as deep as they are is to help tractor owners line up their loader with the bucket while attaching. Trimming off the flanges as shown would have worked-
View attachment 119263
I think either someone forgot to add a 30 degree bend at the part fabrication stage or an engineer/team needs a kick in the butt for a stupid design decision when they added the flange extension.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Last picture shows the problem..thanks
Actually the 'engineers' need get into a tractor seat and try to USE what they designed. NO operator I know needs 'helpers(yeesh, bucket is right in FRONT of you....) and if the 'bean counters' saw the picture in post #40, they'd demand all that excess steel be removed. It's hurting the 'bottom line' of Kubota. Then 'marketing' CAN say 'bucket can be used on several machines' which will sell more bucket, tractors and loaders....

If it was my bucket, it'd be modified as required, along the purpley-pink line.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Another good reason to buy a plasma cutter! You can never have too many tools.

Reactions: 1 users

Farmer1057

Equipment
L3560 and SS65
Dec 24, 2023
Duncannon Pa.
At the cabin for a week, when I get back I will take a picture. It turns out it is a problem that Kubota is aware of but did not change the design of the bucket. The strip iof steel running from top to bottom where you attach is 2” taller on a tractor bucket then a skid loader bucket and hits on the SS boom when you curl the bucket after attaching it. You can attach the bucket securely but you can not roll it. Note in the pictures where it rubbed on the loader arms. After my first post I went to my dealer and he said they broke two out before realizing the problem.
would really like to see pictures of the tractor bucket on the skidsteer to see the problem.
Looking down onto the bucket when hooked up to Skid Loader.

Attachments

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Looks like when the bucket is rolled up that piece of steel on the side (used as a guide) interferes with the loader arm which puts pressure on the plate at the bottom where the latching pin is and eventually peels it out!

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Looks like when the bucket is rolled up that piece of steel on the side (used as a guide) interferes with the loader arm which puts pressure on the plate at the bottom where the latching pin is and eventually peels it out!
Yup....
Me thinks you done broke da code!

Farmer1057

Equipment
L3560 and SS65
Dec 24, 2023
Duncannon Pa.
Yes that is what happened, I contacted Kubota factory rep to complain especially since both pieces of equipment are Kubota and my tractor was sold as a universal quick attach just last year.

• Haha

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Farmer1057, the bucket I posted a picture of was in the recycle yard up in the pile a ways. I saw it there and had to work my way to it to see what it was. When I got to it looked like it was too small for my tractor, but I was able to remember the part number on the back corner. Came home and looked and it was the exact same loader I had. Went back and asked him what he wanted for it, and ended up at $175 (I think). Had a friend cut plates to weld in replacement steel. That bucket was like $1100 at Kubota!! Someone had done just as you described, tractor bucket on skid steer.

Farmer1057

Equipment
L3560 and SS65
Dec 24, 2023
Duncannon Pa.
Farmer1057, the bucket I posted a picture of was in the recycle yard up in the pile a ways. I saw it there and had to work my way to it to see what it was. When I got to it looked like it was too small for my tractor, but I was able to remember the part number on the back corner. Came home and looked and it was the exact same loader I had. Went back and asked him what he wanted for it, and ended up at $175 (I think). Had a friend cut plates to weld in replacement steel. That bucket was like $1100 at Kubota!! Someone had done just as you described, tractor bucket on skid steer.
It irritates me that I bought the tractor new and was listed as a universal quick attach bucket. They are not universal.

• Haha